2.0 TDI 140 coil springs

richardg8jvm

Hi all 

slowly getting towards full resolution of the suspension problems on my yeti.

Replacement rear coil springs ; I see Kilen do two types, 65075 and 65073 re-enforced

I don't intend to do a Clarkson and carry a 700kg load, but I'm wondering if it would pay long term to use the re-enforced coil spring,

there's about £25 difference in the price each.

I don't do much off road stuff, but have been known to follow little roads where the surface changes from good to pretty awful in the Balkans.

The last one went over the top of a mountain, but it did have regular road signs and a road number, so I guess officially not off road :)

If anyone else wants to try it, its the road between Sulentici and Marune, over the top of Sveti Rok near Zadar, Croatia goes up to about 1000mtrs.

Whats the opinion ?????

Thanks Richard

I think that heavier duty springs are useful for carrying more weight or with other tweaks stiffer roll control.

But in general they will give a harsher ride and will not follow bumps and undulations in the road that the standard springs can cope with relative comfort.

Hi all 

its the road between Sulentici and Marune, over the top of Sveti Rok near Zadar, Croatia goes up to about 1000mtrs.

Whats the opinion ?????

Thanks Richard

My opinion is that it is a great road in the Subaru!

Thanks for all the replies, I guess the easiest is stick with the standard spring

I haven't been able to find out what Kilen do to "re-enforce" their springs as they 

call heavy duty springs those which are shorter and made from thicker wire.