Too much moisture

Please help...I bought my MKII fabia last year and I find that in damp weather that I get a regular build up of moisture in the windows. Not only have I tried cleaning them weekly, I have also had the dealership change a door seal and do a water pressure test to check for leaks, including lifting the carpets for evidence....it is driving me crazy and now the weather has changed again, I am on window wiping duty daily again.....

Have you checked for H20 in the spare tyre well?

Make sure the water is draining out the doors. Use Tyre Renovator on the rubber door and hatch seals.

Check the seal at the top of the doors onto the roof.

Have a fresh pollen filter in.

Put a Moisture trap in the boot and 1 in the car. £1 from ASDA or other places.

Try to use A/C when you can and have the inside glass as clean as you can and dont leave wet mats etc in the car, take them out and dry them overnight or when ever.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1

Please help...I bought my MKII fabia last year and I find that in damp weather that I get a regular build up of moisture in the windows. Not only have I tried cleaning them weekly, I have also had the dealership change a door seal and do a water pressure test to check for leaks, including lifting the carpets for evidence....it is driving me crazy and now the weather has changed again, I am on window wiping duty daily again.....

I ended up chucking my MKI vRS due to the above - it was misery on cold and wet days - MKII was fine though (wee bit of occasional condensation on the windscreen but the aircon quickly dealt with it).

Any idea if the car has had a bump from behind?

Thank you all so far ; fyi I am using rain-x, its not fantastic. There is no water in the wheel well. Tyre renovator is a new one on me. A new pollen filter was fitted by the dealer in an attempt to sort it. Moisture traps I will have to source, what do they look like?

Like the size of a double yogurt pot, grill on the top.

You get various Moisture absorbing packs for Caravans etc.

Or put dry salt or cat litter in a Margarine tub and tape the lid on and puncture the lid. That was the Aberdonian fix....

Tesco Tyre and bumper dressing spray was £2 and smelt of citrus.

Now they have newer stuff and no idea of price.

I spray Halfords night before deicer on Car Door Seals that freeze to inhibit that happening.

(silicone spray does the same.)

?

If your car is parked and it rains, does water run out the door from the drain holes when you open it, more so if on a slight downhill slope ?

post-86161-0-82219400-1478954465_thumb.jpg

Edited by Offski

• 3 weeks later...

Dear all.....this is still a nightmare...I am using RainX and the following morning, the windows are still steamed up/covered with moisture.

I am also using a moisture trap, but no moisture is being caught.

I have suggested to Skoda that maybe a door seal is allowing the cold/damp air in - what do you reckon?

I have used these in my car for a few years now. It doesn't 100% cure it but I have found it helps a lot. Good idea to have two so that you can have one drying out while the other is in the car. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ThoMar-Air-Dry-604000-Dehumidifier/dp/B000XUPEJY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1480530419&sr=8-2&keywords=thomar+dehumidifier+bags

• Like 1

Wouldn't drying the windows with newspaper make them dirty with ink?

There not overly wet spray the glass gleaner on wipe with a Microfiber cloth till it's gone, then get newspaper & scrunch it up & dry even more

No ink is transferred

I've done all the window cleaning I can do and have used microfibre, newspaper and other wipers.....in some cases it makes no difference, in others it lasts a couple of days....it isn't the remedy,there has to be a solution?...

That solution is H20, you need to get the interior as dry as possible of water.  

There is no other way.]So you need to be sure the heating and ventilation is working, and that includes  flaps at the rear panel that 

can get stuck. If no water in the boot, carpets, doors etc then it has to be someplace like in the upholstery.

Another good idea is if you come home in the evening with a nice warm car interior don't leave it like that. Open up the doors for a bit and let all the warm air out before you leave the car for the night. A car full of hot air on a cold night is going get the windows condensating!

• Like 1

What year is your car?

My 2013 used to condensate quite badly, much to my annoyance.

With time though it seems to have got better and its pretty good this year. Still mists up a little when its been parked a few days but the AC soon clears it.

I noticed on my mk2 2013 a lot of water appearing around the front windows.

I found if the windows weren't fully closed on the end stop water would get in.

Also heard cat litter in a sock cab help absorb moisture, not had a need to try that yet in mine. 

Just a thought..