2nd pair of eyes - Helping a fellow Briskodian

Hi Guys,

I've recently joined this forum and I will be picking up my VRS 230 on Saturday (19/11) from the Dealer, I will be printing the checklist i found on here. But I read else where here that my fellow Briskodians may be willing to help with inspecting the car at the dealer when I pcik it up (2nd pair of eyes wouldnt hurt) - feels a bit strange asking this but if there is anyone available in the Fareham area and theyr're feeling charitable and wouldnt mind helping me make sure everything in the car and under the bonnet is squared away I would be eternally grateful

Thanks

I was going to add that if the car has been purchased from Sparshatts then SalimShady04 probably needs all the help he can get - they are the most awful company.

Should bloody hope so, anyone particularly a dealer should struggle to get anything wrong on a brand new car.

Its thereafter that things get interesting.

I don't think I'd buy anything from any company with "shat" in the title personally.

Hi Guys

Too late now!!. i got it from Sparshats in Fareham. the guys name was Adam Wallis -ncie guy

Great car my only concern is fuel consumption. I was on quarter tank when i left the dealership, by the time i left Fareham I was just above the red on the fuel guage.

Anything worth to share?

I'm about to collect my first SKODA there...

I went to test drive a used vRS Diesel Estate that was advertised in Autotrader. When I got there, the car I was looking at wasn't there, however the Sales Guy showed me another Estate that he said was the same price as I was looking at (no price in the window). A test drive followed and the usual attempts to sell ensued but I declined and left. It was only when I got home and checked the car on Autotrader that the price wasn't the same as the car I originally intended to look at, but £1500 cheaper. I don't like being played for a fool, so as far as I'm concerned, Sparshatt Botley no longer exists.

I hope you've had a far better experience at Sparshatts and you enjoy your new car. If you have any doubts in the future, I've always found Winchester Skoda to be pretty good. 

Edited by Isocrem

I went to test drive a used vRS Diesel Estate that was advertised in Autotrader. When I got there, the car I was looking at wasn't there, however the Sales Guy showed me another Estate that he said was the same price as I was looking at (no price in the window). A test drive followed and the usual attempts to sell ensued but I declined and left. It was only when I got home and checked the car on Autotrader that the price wasn't the same as the car I originally intended to look at, but £1500 cheaper. I don't like being played for a fool, so as far as I'm concerned, Sparshatt Botley no longer exists.

I hope you've had a far better experience at Sparshatts and you enjoy your new car. If you have any doubts in the future, I've always found Winchester Skoda to be pretty good.

Well nobody likes to be played

Mine was similar but again I bet that all "stealers" have the same strategy

I went for a used and end up ordering a NEW lol.(no problem there)

In the middle of the deal and all those numbers flying around and hours later they make me believe that I had a reasonable discount, later same day I've checked CarWow and for my surprise the same sales person offer me a lower price than the one we have agreed at that point I was fuming, next day I speak with the same guy and he said that no longer possible to amend or I lose part of the deposit, and I said ok I lose the deposit no problem, he look at me surprised and went away pretend that he had to speak with the manager he came back and said ok we can match the web deal at that point I've managed to squeeze another £500 just for fun.

In resume we all need to be very prepared when crossing the dealers door

Well nobody likes to be played

Mine was similar but again I bet that all "stealers" have the same strategy

I went for a used and end up ordering a NEW lol.(no problem there)

In the middle of the deal and all those numbers flying around and hours later they make me believe that I had a reasonable discount, later same day I've checked CarWow and for my surprise the same sales person offer me a lower price than the one we have agreed at that point I was fuming, next day I speak with the same guy and he said that no longer possible to amend or I lose part of the deposit, and I said ok I lose the deposit no problem, he look at me surprised and went away pretend that he had to speak with the manager he came back and said ok we can match the web deal at that point I've managed to squeeze another £500 just for fun.

In resume we all need to be very prepared when crossing the dealers door

Absolutely agree that 'Buyer Beware' is the Mantra for any buying experience, especially an expensive one. I've no doubt that if a Salesman sees an opportunity to make more profit, they will do so. He'd already lost any potential sale from me anyway, due to his general approach and slightly dismissive attitude to a couple of things I said. Funnily enough though, if the guy had said to me 'Actually Sir, this car is '£1000 cheaper than the one you originally wanted to see' I might have been tempted (given I might have been able to haggle down a few more quid and he'd ended up still above the £17K the car was advertised for, I wouldn't have felt abused if I found out the advertised price was lower).

I ended up buying a Petrol Hatch vRS. The Sales experience at Garland Motors in Aldershot was chalk and cheese compared to Sparshatts. Interestingly, the car was £200 more expensive than the Autotrader price, however, having done some further research, I learned that it is quite normal for the forecourt price to be a little higher than Autotrader. When I mentioned this the Sales Guy he didn't try to BS his way, just said, 'Yes, that's our starting point'. As I said to my Brother after buying 'The Sales guy probably got the better end of the deal, but I felt I also got a good deal and generally felt very good about the transaction' (plus I got a much newer and lower mileage car for my money than I was expecting and a fantastic Petrol engine that I'd dismissed previously). 

What did you go for in the end?

Edited by Isocrem