Activate Hill HOLDER

Yes, I activated it on my friends car with maual gearbox using this tutorial.

And this is how you adjust it. I prefer the 'early' setting (also adjusted this on mine with DSG), the car starts moving smoother.

At your own risk as it's the ABS module! Check for fault codes after coding.

Edited by aki78

• 2 years later...

HI everyone, I am new here...I just boght my first Skoda and I am more than satisfied...it is 1.6 tdi, greenline, 81kw, 2014 year

I just want this option to try to enable..the car is manual gearbox and manual handbrake (sorry for bad english)...how can I know is it possible to enable Hill hold???

I don't have VCDS and don't know to use it..so I would go to someone to do it for me..but fist I would like to know is it possible on my car...is there a way to find out somehow???

Once again, sorry for bad english

3 hours ago, jasko__ said:

Anyone, anything??

It should be, I did on my  2015 1.2TSI manual, I believe some ABS modules may not support it, but IIRC you'd need VCDS to confirm anyway.

I only have the basic car with no steering wheel controls. I have not seen any options for hill hold on the menus. I'm ok with the handbrake pro tem. 

52 minutes ago, jasko__ said:

Do you know the process for coding in VCDS...to enable hill holder???

I have these notes saved:

Folgende Codierung ist anzuwenden:

STG 03 (Bremse) auswählen
STG Codierung -> Funktion 07
Byte 25
Bit 0 aktivieren
Bit 1 aktivieren

Also links to these videos, not in english but still helped me:

After coding HHC you can go to adaptation (ABS module)... Then, you can decide how strong you want it... There are three options: early, normal and late.

My 66 reg Octavia (manual gears and manual handbrake) appears to have a hill hold function of some description, although it seems a little hit and miss. I don't rely on it. 

Am I imagining things? 

Edited by MC Bodge

9 hours ago, MC Bodge said:

although it seems a little hit and miss.

It's easy to check, stop on an incline, with the car in first gear release the brake, if it rolls backward you don't have HHC.

28 minutes ago, jbastos said:

It's easy to check, stop on an incline, with the car in first gear release the brake, if it rolls backward you don't have HHC.

Cheers, I'll try that.

The 3 seconds hold could make sense. 

I only ever remember/experience about it when parking on my slightly inclined drive. 

When starting on a hill I rarely let the car roll backwards anyway. 

Do some Octavias come with it enabled from the factory? Mine is an SE-L estate. 

Edited by MC Bodge

21 minutes ago, MC Bodge said:

Do some Octavias come with it enabled from the factory?

Yes, but not familiar with British trim levels, they are different from most of Europe.

4 hours ago, jbastos said:

The foot brake needs to be held, then released on mine. Rushed release of the clutch is then possible - without using the handbrake .  There is a delay before before the foot brake releases. Mines a manual gearbox.

Edited by gregoir

On 01/08/2019 at 16:11, jbastos said:

I have these notes saved:

Folgende Codierung ist anzuwenden:

STG 03 (Bremse) auswählen
STG Codierung -> Funktion 07
Byte 25
Bit 0 aktivieren
Bit 1 aktivieren

Also links to these videos, not in english but still helped me:

After coding HHC you can go to adaptation (ABS module)... Then, you can decide how strong you want it... There are three options: early, normal and late.

Do you know is this possible to do for every Octavia 3...or do I have to have some special abs module on my car??

Mine is 2014 year, manual gearbox,manual handbrake

13 hours ago, jasko__ said:

Do you know is this possible to do for every Octavia 3...or do I have to have some special abs module on my car??

Mine is 2014 year, manual gearbox,manual handbrake

I believe some of the ABS modules might not work, can't tell you which ones, it shouldn't have much to do with being a manual transmission, and certainly nothing to do with the handbrake as all Octavias have a manual handbrake. 

48 minutes ago, jasko__ said:

Does anyone here have hill hold activated with manual transmision Octavia??

On 31/07/2019 at 15:55, jbastos said:

It should be, I did on my  2015 1.2TSI manual