No problems, no faults, just works - a great SM

BillBham

Hi

So many threads on here, all with problems - which is fair enough, but gives a biased view of a great car.

I get in mine and drive it!

I have it serviced at correct intervals, I check the fluids in between (oil and coolant never drops) and it just works, damned well and efficiently.

I'm trading it in for a new 140 2.0 diesel L&K this week and hope my new one is as good as my old one.

So please feel free to say how good your SM has been.

And before a certain sarcastic sanctimonious self righteous persons comes out with his usual comments, don't bother, your on my ignore list!

• Like 2

2013 2.0 140bhp SE with added bits like sunroof detachable towbar spare wheel dog guard.....

Only 57k miles

Well my 140 did 110k miles with just a few very minor niggles, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Came to my Yeti from a Volvo that spent half its life in the garage. Other than a rubbery squeak when I first turn the steering wheel in the morning (and never heard again that day) never had a problem and no regrets. Seriously thinking about a trade in when it looks like Skoda are beginning to run it out before the replacement comes in - with another 5 year warranty. Yep, I guess that must mean I've come round to the looks of the FL after all!!

On my 2nd Mk1, minor niggles, a/c condenser punctured by a stone(I think) garage discovered and replaced under warranty, heater system thermocouple replaced also warranty, on the 1st, 2nd, just the dreaded whiteworm,(rear badge and polished chrome area of 4 wheels - no chip marks possibly salt action!)

I'm still quite new to the Yeti (and Skoda), having just brought mine back in March. Have done just over 7000km in my 1.4l TSI (averaging 7.3l/100km).

The Yeti continues to surprise (in good ways). And I couldn't be happier thus far.

I think if you keep an eye on enough product forums (not just cars), you'll always see people post about the problems they have with that product. It's normal. I've been active in various photography, isp, tech etc forums for years and observe the same pattern. There's the core group of enthusiasts, a small handful of trolls, and then you have those irregular ones that only post about problems they're having or for advice.

• Like 2

Could someone please explain what a "SM" is?

I wondered about that as well , but I didn't dare ask in case it made me look daft  :D

Snow Monster

Thanks Graham  :thumbup:

My 2009 1.2TSi is still running as well as the first day I bought it (in 2012).  In fact if anything it's now better since the minor squeaks and rattles it used to have early on have now completely disappeared.  It really is the best all-round car I've ever owned, and fits my requirements perfectly.  I can only hope that there's something equivalent to replace it with when the time comes. 

I find that owning/running a car of this age brings a certain calmness.  I'm not so protective as I was initially, I don't get upset when my kids inevitably dirty the Gobi leather, and I'll happily park in extremely tight spaces.  I just let it do what it does best, which is ferry me, my family and our associated gubbins wherever we need to go.  Also, as of summer 2017 the loan I arranged to buy it will be paid off and I can look forward to 2-3 years of free (ish) motoring :thumbup:

I plan to keep it until 2019/20, at which point I'll probably take a look at the new Yeti, or potentially the new Volvo SUVs which are on the way (fingers crossed they're available with decent petrol engines!)

Nothing but praise here :clap: