Has anyone ordered one

skoda1982

6 hours ago, bigboss said:

In the UK, Anthracite wheels aren't available to order via the configurator. After the car is bought, you're free to purchase it.

But would you? 

8 hours ago, memil said:

When did you order?

My week 29 build feels far far away.

The dealer told me two weeks ago that the last one he sold got a build week of 45 :blink:

Anyone knows if anthracite wheels are available from factory or is that just dealer addons for a lot of extra money?

Ordered first week of Jan for delivery at the beginning of June.

I ordered mine Saturday and have been given a build date of week 18 which is the first week in May and delivery end of May ( not holding my breath though )

Because as I have said twice now, I don't want the car until June.

I could have had it in April/May if I hadn't specified a date I wanted it for. It is up to the factory, Skoda UK & the dealer to manage the order to make sure it is delivered on the day I want it, and not a day later :)

By ordering in Jan they have no excuse for getting it wrong. Also, I benefited from the cheaper December / early Jan lease prices.

It also seems to be a bit of a lottery as to what spec is getting built when, if you are unlucky you may have a long wait until the next run of RHD vehicles in the engine and gearbox combination you want.

Edited by andyvee

4 hours ago, donghui said:

just ordered today and wonder how long I need to wait for delivery.

I ordered mine on April 1st. No joke. :) I was told that if the car was already in Production and they could match the spec it would be 8 weeks. If it had to be ordered 'fresh', it would be 12 weeks. 

2 hours ago, andyvee said:

Probably June, but it will depend on what spec and engine/gearbox combo you ordered - what did the dealer say?

I lease it from a local company and it said August for the worst case in order form. 

1 minute ago, Bignij said:

I ordered mine on April 1st. No joke. :) I was told that if the car was already in Production and they could match the spec it would be 8 weeks. If it had to be ordered 'fresh', it would be 12 weeks. 

Thanks. 1.4T SE DSG 150ps with Moon White painting. A tricky question will be: is the popular specs likely to be fresh order or reverse?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2017 at 17:53, Bignij said:

Was told yesterday that the car hasn't gone into build yet. :sadsmile: They get a weekly update on Thursdays. And they said, and I quote; "No news is good news." I have absolutely no idea what that means in this context. :blink:

Mine wasn't meant to be built last week but got told by my dealer that the system is showing that the car is yet to be built and hopefully it will be built by the end of the week. God knows how much longer I have to wait before I get my new car. The wait is killing me :sadsmile:

I ordered last week Monday however although I had verbal confirmation from the dealer it had been ordered, I have not been sent an order form.

How long should I wait before requesting a copy and confirmation of build date?

You should get a copy of your order straightaway. Make sure you check the spec ordered to confirm it is what  I you ordered. My dealer had missed a couple of things. The estimated build week is communicated to your dealer within couple of weeks.

1 hour ago, bigboss said:

You should get a copy of your order straightaway. Make sure you check the spec ordered to confirm it is what  I you ordered. My dealer had missed a couple of things. The estimated build week is communicated to your dealer within couple of weeks.

The order form which I signed had all that I requested on it but have not had the confirmation form/email with build date

On 19/04/2017 at 09:37, Bignij said:

Was told yesterday that the car hasn't gone into build yet. :sadsmile: They get a weekly update on Thursdays. And they said, and I quote; "No news is good news." I have absolutely no idea what that means in this context. :blink:

I've added a couple more trinkets: Aluminium pedals. Park assist and Rear camera. I'm a sucker for a gadget. Was told that they will get confirmation next week but it's looking like last week in May, first week in June. I'm not sure how they know if they haven't got a build date. Perhaps it was just to keep me quiet. 

Well, I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised to get a call yesterday, "Car has landed in UK, we hope to look to do the handover during next week" that's 9 weeks from order :biggrin:

Edited by Mr Grump
  • Like 3