Citigo completely dead

Hammertim

Had our Citigo recovered to the garage as it wouldn't start, even the central locking had stopped working.

Recovery came out and they were unable to get it going, had a call from the garage today to let me know that they had put a new battery in it but the radiator fan immediately kicked in. There were still no dashboard lights and the central locking was still engaged?? Now waiting for an Auto electrician to have a look tomorrow... anyone have any ideas as to what the cause could be?

My Skoda is 3 years old and just out of warranty, it turns out that there is a possibility that if you try to jump start a car with the stop start technology and a gel battery which these cars have there is a chance you can blow a fuse, or as has happened with ours the main fuse board in the engine has been fried!!

Total cost of the repair is £285

So was the battery failing the initial fault or was something left turned on ??

My dad has one with stop start and only does really short journeys with the weather at the minute it's a short run with everything switched on

• 3 weeks later...

Any TPI number?

& Is it an Official Recall in the UK with DVSA eg Registered Keepers are contacted to Recall Vehicles.

or is it a Skoda Service Campaign / Recall Action. Skoda Secret Service campaign.

If a Skoda Recall Action then your car should show here with your VIN if one to have actions.

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions

Edited by Offski