Yeti horn upgrading.

Norry

I hate the sound of the horn on my S Yeti.

I'd really like a nice pair of Windtones (or the modern equivalent).

Has anyone upgraded their Yeti horn to a decent sound?

How difficult is it to get at the horn and its wiring?

Thanks,

Norry.

I don't think I've ever had to use my Yeti's horn,  so have no idea what it sounds like.  Certainly wouldn't waste money on changing it.  Or do some people use their horns a lot?  Why?  If the sound of your horn is annoying you, Norry,  I suggest its annoying other people a whole lot more!

I don't use it often at all but it sounds so cheap, just a "beep" and not very loud.  I cannot believe that other motorists would take any notice of it!

Norry

I don't use it often at all but it sounds so cheap, just a "beep" and not very loud.  I cannot believe that other motorists would take any notice of it!

Norry

My old Ibiza was like that. I remember using it the first time and wanting to slide down in my seat through embarassment, it sounded like something Noddy would have on his car...

Have you ever used it to warn a motorist and they have not heard it or just ignored you because of the not nice noise horn?

Maybe not facing front or facing as it is to keep H2O out.

It is in a pretty stupid location which is going to get a lot of wet in its interior.

Norry

Oddly corrosion is not a common issue with them, or even damage to them in not too heavy shunts.

The position is pretty good on Right Hand drive cars it is near to the pavement or kerb where as on Left Hand Drive cars it is near to vehicles in the other lane.

Easy enough to change for a louder or more pleasant sounding one if needs must.