Snetterton 300 - 20/02/17

andsoutham

3 hours ago, stevobeavo said:

Finally got my car back this weekend, but I think I'll have to miss this one. Definitely try and catch you guys on the next one. 

Finally. Was waiting on an update in yours.

Im getting mine back this Saturday (hopefully) but most likey wont be attending. 

• Like 1

I can do that.. I meant some that wont bend when I get them glowing red :D

I do have some cheap ones I'll just take with me, its just really bad vibration under hard braking. It's been like it for Brands, Bedford and Blyton so might as well do Snetterton and Cadwell on them.

• Like 2

On 17/02/2017 at 21:00, pip_vrs said:

I can do that.. I meant some that wont bend when I get them glowing red :D

I do have some cheap ones I'll just take with me, its just really bad vibration under hard braking. It's been like it for Brands, Bedford and Blyton so might as well do Snetterton and Cadwell on them.

Euros do brembo HC

1 hour ago, Outofthi5world said:

Might be a long shot here, but does anyone that's going to Snetterton tomorrow have a spare sump for a 1.9 TDI by any chance? Might have put a tiny crack in mine. :/

I do but it's back in bournemouth at my mum's sadly

I am now at the premier inn... Wheres the bar

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, andsoutham said:

I do but it's back in bournemouth at my mum's sadly

I am now at the premier inn... Wheres the bar

It's ok now Andrew, Dan has one that he's bringing for me (thanks a lot Dan!) So I'll get that changed ASAP :)

As @Skoda_Saint said I'm taking his slot now. Driving there in the morning as it's only an hour away. Can't remember if I said earlier but I'll be in my trusty old black Clio 172. Will also have a couple of friends turning up around 10 who have never been out on track before so I'll be giving them some passenger rides.

I've been to Snetterton 3 times before so if anyone else who would benefit more from the tuition wants it then please let me know (it's free - courtesy of @Skoda_Saint). I'll probably try and book a time in the morning at sign on.

@pip_vrs are you sure the discs were warped? Could also be if they were not fitted totally flush or pad deposits. In my experience with the Clio I've never warped discs (Brembo HC) and any judder has been caused by pad deposits. I always do at least one cool down lap to try and reduce the chance of it - I've not really had any major problems with judder. I've been using DS2500s and more recently standard Pagid pads which are a fraction of the price and seem nearly as good as the DS2500s.

Edited by vrsTom
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, andsoutham said:

Thanks to all those who came, it was a really good day. Perfect weather and only a couple of dodgy drivers causing minor issues

I'm pleased to report the fabias boost pipes held all day long, now I have faith to spend a bit more money on making it better and faster 

Cheers guys

Yes, it was a good day and despite my wheel bearing chewing it's self I had a great day and got home safely. :)

• Like 2

Very fun day, just a shame the GoPro played up, have the dashcam footage though which shows a rather speedy 90mph at one point going into Nelson :D just a shame a few drivers ruined it a little bit for me, found on a fair few occasions drivers overtaking right before a corner or on the corner without invite from me which slowed me down as I do as fast as most of the high bhp cars do into corners

• Like 1

10 hours ago, andsoutham said:

I'm pleased to report the fabias boost pipes held all day long, now I have faith to spend a bit more money on making it better and faster 

Cheers guys

LSD? If you haven't got one fitted you can have a go in mine, now we've discovered we live in the same town lol. 

Good to see people had a good time and that there was no accidents (unlike brands!!!) 

Now where's the pics and videos lol.

• Like 1

Was a lovely day all told. 

Only small issue was another off for me at Hamilton which dug up some grass, caused a slight wheel imbalance and contributed to a complete failure of an already fragile crankcase oil breather. 

Parts ordered. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevobeavo said:

LSD? If you haven't got one fitted you can have a go in mine, now we've discovered we live in the same town lol. 

Good to see people had a good time and that there was no accidents (unlike brands!!!) 

Now where's the pics and videos lol.

Already have a wavetrac LSD and it's the best mod I've done to the car :D

I have a set of 4 pot brembo sat at home which I will now get fitted, in order to do that I need some lightweight 17" wheels and some rubber to go round them... It'll be an expensive upgrade

Im going to put the Fabia on a serious weight saving diet and I also want to get some better coilovers as the APs are good but I think I need stiffer for track work, Phil has some nice Scale items on his fabia. Another expensive upgrade haha

IMG_20170220_101337250_HDR_zpsjkb4ep2z.j

This is the only pic I got with the majority of our cars in, I'll put some videos up in the next few days

Actually all but one of our cars are in this pic haha. Mine at the front, David's citigo and phils Fabia in the garage, dans Fabia outside and you can just see the noses of Dave's octy and Tom's Clio poking out :cool:

Edited by andsoutham
  • Like 2