Sagging Bottom

My VRS estate 2012, is approaching 115K,

The tow bar has started to catch on my drive, which I assume is its bottom sagging.

Is it the springs / shockers or both ?

I'm not technically minded, so I would appreciate some advise.

Many Thanks in advance

Mike

Yes, springs will restore vehicle height. Dampers (shockers) maybe getting a bit tired also with that sort of age/ mileage but if you're not noticing too much bounciness may get away with replacing only springs.

Edited by TheClient

It could be a broken spring too.

I had two broken, I blamed the speed hump test tracks locally that the council call roads :devil:

D

Is you're towbar the detacheable type?. I have a Witter detacheable towbar on my Mk11 Octavia estate which was fitted before I bought it and it has always grounded when carrying passengers in the back or when towing a trailer. I first tried the rubber spring assistors which made no difference at all, then replaced the shocks and springs with heavy duty ones, which also made no difference to the grounding only made the ride a bit firmer, so it was an expensive waste of time and money.

I now only put the towbar on when I'm towing the trailer and hold my breath when I drive on or off the Channel Ferry :sweat:

My VRS estate 2012, is approaching 115K,

The tow bar has started to catch on my drive, which I assume is its bottom sagging.

Is it the springs / shockers or both ?

I'm not technically minded, so I would appreciate some advise.

Many Thanks in advance

Mike

The problem you have here is how much do you want to spend,

you have identified the rear has started sagging so new rear springs are required the rear springs are very easy to fit,but do you want new springs on the rear and old on the front this comes down to preference and cost and how long you want to keep the car, then the other issue is the shocks could be on the way out at this millage,but again the rear shocks and springs are very easy to change so not a big job ,

if it was me i would change all four springs and shocks if i was keeping the car. 

THanks for all your reply, I have had the shockers checked and they are shot, and one of the bushes on the rear track had gone,

So these are being changed on Monday, they will check the springs when it is in bits, will see what happens.

The towbar, when detached, it leaves the bit on the car, which is as low, as when towbar is attached