New yeti today

jekyll

Hi all, I'm now on my third new yeti, I've owned a 1.2tsi SE in 2011, a 2 litre 140bhp SE 4x4 in 2013 & now have just collected a 1.4tsi L&K 4x4 on pch.

Initial impressions, (only done 23 miles) the engine is a lot more sprightly than the others but reminds me of a two stroke motorbike, haven't been too many changes really over the years. I like the quartz grey, brown leather upholsterery is a bit brown but hey it's on a 2 year pch and I'll have seat covers on.

• Like 2

Hi all, I'm now on my third new yeti, I've owned a 1.2tsi SE in 2011, a 2 litre 140bhp SE 4x4 in 2013 & now have just collected a 1.4tsi L&K 4x4 on pch.

Initial impressions, (only done 23 miles) the engine is a lot more sprightly than the others but reminds me of a two stroke motorbike, haven't been too many changes really over the years. I like the quartz grey, brown leather upholsterery is a bit brown but hey it's on a 2 year pch and I'll have seat covers on.

Does 'reminding you of  two stroke motorbike' mean it revs like one, smokes like one or both? :giggle:  

• Like 2

I'm having seat covers on my PCH too, but it's because I got a bargain on the Monte Carlo and I'm too grown up for all that sporty red trim in my life. :-)

I've got seat covers on my new Monte, genuine ones mined!

How do seat covers work with the side airbags - do they have openings to allow the airbags to deploy without hindrance ?

In a word yes! That's one of the reasons I got genuine seat covers from skoda, they were quite expensive but are a perfect fit, over the last 4 years they've kept the front seats like new and stood up to farm muck, dirty overalls and paint marks. I've been very pleased with them.

• 1 month later...

Jekyll, please, give us more details. You mean is as fast as a motorbike or just noisy? :think:

I think that the engine is quite flat at low revs but picks up quickly. Power doesn't come in straight away like a big torquey engine but jumps in quickly, you have to keep it singing and use the gears. I hope this makes sense! Anyone who's ever ridden a two stroke will understand.

I see! That's because of the gearbox ratios... I suppose

I think it's a contributory factor but the engine is quite peaky!

One thing I wish the yeti had was a low box like a proper 4 wheel drive vehicle! 1st gear and reverse are too high for any off road manoeuvring, like reversing a trailer in a field!

I think it's a contributory factor but the engine is quite peaky!

One thing I wish the yeti had was a low box like a proper 4 wheel drive vehicle! 1st gear and reverse are too high for any off road manoeuvring, like reversing a trailer in a field!

Really. Never caused me any problems.

• Like 1

Really. Never caused me any problems.

Like everything else in life it's all down to personal preferences. I would prefer a low reverse and first gear but I compromise on this and manage with what I've got.