George Michael R- I-P

http://news.sky.com/story/singer-george-michael-dies-aged-53-10707616

George Michael has "passed away peacefully at home", his publicist has said.

The 53-year-old rose to fame as a member of Wham!, known for their hits Club Tropicana and Last Christmas.

Edited by Gizmo68
topics merged

I know a family members friend who died at 28 in their sleep from an undiagnosed heart condition. It can happen.

I'm sure but he had something of a track record of doing something stupid that was guaranteed to hit the national newspaper front pages just before a new album / single was due out (being found slumped over the wheel of his Range Rover under the influence, for example).  Boy George had a similar propensity.

I understand a documentary film entitled Freedom, charting his rise to fame, is due out fairly soon.

"The best singer / songwriter since Lennon and McCartney" was how I heard him described 20 years ago......as I said before, I really hope the drug that is publicity hasn't accounted for his demise.