VCDS & enabling Hill hold functionality

Hi guys,

first of all as a newcomer I must say this forum has some really great resources. I recently bought myself used Skoda Octavia MK3 (2013) and I managed to enable a great basket of additional functionality with the help of this forum!

There is one more functionality that I think can be enabled however I haven't found any info about it even though I tried searching over at the forums. I had troubles finding anything about so-called Hill hold functionality. Has anyone had any success enabling this through VCDS? If so, is anyone willing to share the procedure, so we can add it to this thread?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thought it was standard on all?

My 2015 SE has it.

If you hold the brake on, then release, the brake stays on for about 5 secs allowing you to engage the clutch.

autohold is one feature on the tiguan with its electric handbrake i would like on the vRS 

not sure if its possible with manual handbrake octavia - maybe by increasing the duration of the hillhold (it only holds a couple of secs before disengaging)

i suspect it isn't possible probably for good reason...

@andyvee I thought all changes done to the car via VCDS are at our own risk. Do you think just an ABS change is enough, or does the car also need some additional hardware? - Can this be enabled on all Octavia MK3 or just on specific ones (Octaiva III 5E)?

The changes I have documented are perfectly safe and reversible.

There have been instances of ABS module recodes that have gone wrong and are irreversible. Ross-Tech didn't used to even provide label files for ABS modules at one point (for good reason), don't know if that situation has changed or not.

Also, it is a safety system, I am not advising anyone how to make changes to a safety system, in my view it is irresponsible to do so. What if someone made a change on advice off of the internet that then caused an accident due to the failure or unexpected behaviour of a safety system - I wouldn't want that on my conscience.

• Like 3

Any coding changes to the ABS module are entirely at your own risk. There is a reason why I haven't published any changes that involve recoding ABS modules.

What are the risks? 

Edit: found them..

Edited by mabnz

The changes I have documented are perfectly safe and reversible.

There have been instances of ABS module recodes that have gone wrong and are irreversible. Ross-Tech didn't used to even provide label files for ABS modules at one point (for good reason), don't know if that situation has changed or not.

Also, it is a safety system, I am not advising anyone how to make changes to a safety system, in my view it is irresponsible to do so. What if someone made a change on advice off of the internet that then caused an accident due to the failure or unexpected behaviour of a safety system - I wouldn't want that on my conscience.

It's a sensible attitude like this that will (hopefully) make VAG less likely to tighten security and make access to our cars through VCDS et al more difficult.  :thumbup:

• 2 years later...

Let's get back to this subject again. 

This adaptation is being done by change two bits in ABS section using VCDS and adapte it.   Some of you say that may influent to safety during your drive ,   

It would be good to check if this is only adaptation or any additional hardware is being mounted in Mk3 cars with HHC system. 

I strongly believe this is only software feature, it costs more less 80 euro at configuration phase.  I don't believe that any additional hardware can cost 80 euro , rather this is feature that they enable per your request. 

If any of you bought new Mk3 with HHC , could you check by VCDS that those two bits are changed.   that would prove this is only this change make your car equipped with HHC function and it'll be 100% safely. 

Are new Mk3 cars with HHC equipped with electric handbrake ?  I don't think so.