Superb.....Almost there

So after almost 3 months of test driving everything known to man i have finally decided to trade in my trusty Audi Q3 for a Skoda Superb. We are so near to signing but there are just a few things i`m not too sure about, below is the spec i have decided with a few options ticked to make what i think is a phenomenal car.

Superb TSI 220 SEL Executive hatch DSG Auto

Black Magic Pearlescent

Kessy keyless entry & Start

Color maxi dot computer

LED package plus

DSG paddles

Rear View Camera

What do you guy`s think of the spec ?

Is there anything else you would add / take off ?

The guy in the showroom told me although it shows it on the configurator, Beige leather is not an option unless i add ventilated seats or choose alcantara seats. Is this right as i`ve seen other posts where it says the beige leather option in now back on as a free option ?

Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated, and will help push the pen closer to the dotted line :-)

• Like 2

So after almost 3 months of test driving everything known to man i have finally decided to trade in my trusty Audi Q3 for a Skoda Superb. We are so near to signing but there are just a few things i`m not too sure about, below is the spec i have decided with a few options ticked to make what i think is a phenomenal car.

Superb TSI 220 SEL Executive hatch DSG Auto

Black Magic Pearlescent

Kessy keyless entry & Start

Color maxi dot computer

LED package plus

DSG paddles

Rear View Camera

What do you guy`s think of the spec ?

Is there anything else you would add / take off ?

The guy in the showroom told me although it shows it on the configurator, Beige leather is not an option unless i add ventilated seats or choose alcantara seats. Is this right as i`ve seen other posts where it says the beige leather option in now back on as a free option ?

Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated, and will help push the pen closer to the dotted line :-)

Very nice spec ad SEL is well equiped anyway!  I would double check about the beige as that doesn't sound right but it depends where you are based - are you UK?  I understood that beige restrictions were lifted now??  In terms of the existing spec, that looks good.  Personally I never liked KESSY and I didn't go for it this time around but that's just me.  I love the electric tailgate as I use it a lot so that would be one I'd add.

Thanks Guy`s, 

The sales rep was adamant that beige leather is not an option unless you chose ventilated seats and i cannot add it on the web so i guess it must be a UK thing. Superb170 the electric boot is included as part of the SEL trim so no need to add it here :-)

Superb170 the electric boot is included as part of the SEL trim so no need to add it here :-)

That's great, you'll find it very useful.  I forgot it was on the UK spec - it gets very confusing with the variations between the different countries.

I am now debating whether to stick with full leather or go with Alcantara, but staying with the black. A bit worried about the leather been hot in the summer months.

Have a read here http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/403055-leather-or-fabric-seats/?hl=+leather .

I have full leather, but I do find they can get too sticky in the hotter summer months, I have non ventilated leather seats, the ventilated seats don't really seem to be ventilated as such, as they suck air through them from the car, not blow air out and they are not directly connected to the ventilation ducts (anyone please feel free to correct me here if I'm wrong). I also find the seats can be too cold in the colder winter months, ok they are heated but it takes time for them to heat up, and by the time they have your body has taken the brunt of the cold. 

I have black leather for practical purposes but I think the beige leather looks much classier and if my car wasn't used for work I would have beige. All very much personal choices. Whichever way you go you are going to end up with a lovely spec car.

Getting a DSG and not getting adaptive cruise control would be a missed opportunity for effortless traffic cruising - not sure whether they spec you've ordered already has it, but I'd be kicking myself if I missed out on getting this. According to some of the other posts on this forum if you get the traffic sign recognition camera you can turn about £1000 worth of other options with VCDS after you get the car. The ventilated seats are an option I'd love to have too. Unventilated leather in the Superb II definitely gets a bit sticky in the summer, though it's not really worse than the cloth seats in the Octavia I had before it.

I would just add 4WD...you might miss that after Quattro...;-)

and you will miss Audi too, especially if year after buy Škoda Superšhit comes offer for A6 by same price

http://www.audi.lv/lv/brand/lv/Dealers/experience/campaigns/AudiA62.html

couple of reasons avoid Škoda:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/410523-rattles-vibrations-mediocre-handling-questionable-paintwork-and-other-general-negativity/?p=4707765

Edited by MartiniB

If you buy the 220 for the performance - go for the 280 4x4. Quite a lot of steering influence on the 220 when driven BRISKly (wink-wink ;) ). However, if you're after an insanely quiet and comfortable cruiser with very reasonable economy, you'll love the 220. I love mine.

Getting a DSG and not getting adaptive cruise control would be a missed opportunity for effortless traffic cruising - not sure whether they spec you've ordered already has it, but I'd be kicking myself if I missed out on getting this.

I went with DSG without ACC as it was another few hundred euros extra (here in Ireland) and I had to draw the line somewhere.  I suppose you don't' miss what you never had on the first place and the DSG on its own is effortless enough for me anyway having come from manual.

Took another trip to the dealers today and they have finally managed to track down a 220 tsi for me to test drive, drove a 190 TDi last week but really wanted to be sure about the petrol engine ( it`s a lot of money after all ). Hat`s of to the dealers who have bent over backwards to help, but now i have a new dilemma. Was set on Business grey, then was persuaded by photo`s to go for black, now the salesman has shown me a petrol blue and i have to say the color looks stunning but her indoors prefers the black. I hate making decisions like this lol

Hi, I have a 190 DSG SEL Exec with all the options you have listed (collected just over a month ago)I like them all, especially the KESSY and the LED Lighting. I have also added the park assist option - not because I wanted the self park option but because it adds front parking sensors. These are better than just adding the front parking sensor option as you get extra sensors around the corners on the front and rear. I just thought if this saves me the cost of repairing a small scrape etc it is worth it.

Was set on Business grey, then was persuaded by photo`s to go for black, now the salesman has shown me a petrol blue and i have to say the color looks stunning but her indoors prefers the black. I hate making decisions like this lol

Black looks fantastic - but only when it's been freshly polished. I've had a couple of black cars and even in the summer the slight film of dust makes it look dirty, especially from the drivers seat. Petrol blue looks great in the sunlight, the grey is fairly neutral but still looks good. I prefer silver but only because it doesn't show the dirt like other colours.

Very much a personal choice - go for black but only if her indoors agrees to polish it every other day!.

lol, cheers CNC, i think her indoors must be allergic to polish as she`s not touched a drop in 20 years ( prefers Gin ) Think my mind is made up now after trolling through all the pictures on here.

Going for Petrol Blue  :happy:

lol, cheers CNC, i think her indoors must be allergic to polish as she`s not touched a drop in 20 years ( prefers Gin ) Think my mind is made up now after trolling through all the pictures on here.

Going for Petrol Blue  :happy:

Great choice Petrol Blue. I'd check the availability of the beige leather with a couple of dealers, the beige really stands out and lifts the whole interior to a different level in my opinion. Have you seen Superb170's pictures?.

• Like 1

Great choice Petrol Blue. I'd check the availability of the beige leather with a couple of dealers, the beige really stands out and lifts the whole interior to a different level in my opinion. Have you seen Superb170's pictures?.

It's a real unique colour IMO. It also changes depending on the time of day, sunlight etc. I've just washed mine today and hoping to get a few more pics uploaded later to give people a better idea of the colour.

The beige interior does complement it very well.

Edited by Superb170

Superb170 more pictures would be great especially of the interior, CNC would love to see yours too. I would love the beige interior but it`s a no go i`m afraid unless i get alcantara, but the jury is still out on that one .

CNC would love to see yours too.

I still have my mk2 FL Elegance estate that has just tuned 3 years old (company car). I should be driving around in a new car this month but I can't make my mind up what to get, so my boss has let me keep this one until I make my mind up. I was going to go for the mk3 Superb but I've had nine VWG cars since 2002 and I fancy a change - maybe.

• Like 1

Superb170 more pictures would be great especially of the interior, CNC would love to see yours too. I would love the beige interior but it`s a no go i`m afraid unless i get alcantara, but the jury is still out on that one .

See more here:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/367311-the-superb-iii-picture-thread/?p=4795197

and here

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/367311-the-superb-iii-picture-thread/?p=4795222

I still have my mk2 FL Elegance estate that has just tuned 3 years old (company car). I should be driving around in a new car this month but I can't make my mind up what to get, so my boss has let me keep this one until I make my mind up. I was going to go for the mk3 Superb but I've had nine VWG cars since 2002 and I fancy a change - maybe.

What choices do you have?

Why are leather seats out for you as a matter of interest?

Awesome pictures Superb170, that interior is just the cherry on the cake with that color. The reason i cannot have a beige interior is it`s not an option anymore, unless you go for Alcantara which is a zero cost option but we don`t really like it or you option Ventilated seats for £625 which also means you need to spec the electric passenger seat at £350 which is a whopping £975. Wish i could justify that cost but i can`t really, suppose my only real choice is to bite the bullet and go Alcantara OR see if the dealer can source a pre registered one with that combination.

I think the chances of me landing one from stock a really slim to none existent TBH

Can i just buy yours  :D

What choices do you have?

Looking at Superb, Mazda 6, Ford Mondeo, new Peugeot 3008, Volvo XC60/V60, new 2017 Golf, Passat, Tiguan, Touran,  Hyundai Tucson etc.  

Prefer estate but could be hatchback, definitely not a saloon, and maybe SUV for the higher driving position. I'm after xenon/LED headlights, dual climate, heated seats, auto gearbox, auto lights/wipers. Although I could well end up with none of these!.

I'm not allowed 4wd, convertible, anything with an official fuel consumption of less than 45mpg, anything with official emissions of 160g/km or over. For tax reasons I'd like lower emissions and list price hence my current Superb - nothing comes close for low emissions and list price.

A Skoda Kodiaq SE Technology looks good in 2wd format but I'd like to see and drive one first.