Skoda 1.2 & 1.6 TDI Euro 5 Emission Engines with Defeat Device.

Ootohere

This is for the Recall actions on the car by Skoda UK or in any country. 

Has your 1.2 TDI or 1.6 TDI been in yet to have the Defeat Device removed?

Or do you now have an appointment arranged to have it carried out by taking in your vehicle or a technician coming out to the vehicle?

??

Is there anyone in Spain that has received Compensation or some payment of some kind from the VW Group 

because you had a vehicle with the Illegal Defeat Device in a Euro 5 Emission 1.2, 1.6 or 2.0 TDI

or do you personally know of anyone?

• Like 1

My 1.6 Superb was in for service last week with Skoda Garage here in Ireland.

Told them I didn't want the fix done, however was told was not yet available for the 1.6 Diesel.

ADAC have done back to back testing on a 1.2 TDI Polo in Germany. Given that their test procedure involves anonymously buying the car and posing as a regular customer, one might conclude the 1.2 engine update is out there. https://www.adac.de/infotestrat/tests/eco-test/polo_messung/default.aspx?ComponentId=281668&SourcePageId=31832

The holdup on the 1.6 is due to the fact that additional hardware components are needed, and it takes time to get hardware into production and out to dealers.

Understood in the delay and the delay on Skoda's.  

But VW have parts and in the UK VW 1.2 TDI's are having the 'Fix' now and so are 1.6TDI. 

As to VW getting hardware into production that might need them to give a bit more effort on producing those parts or have someone rather 

than some of the other bits and pieces that they care more about.

Priorities should be clearing up their mess rather than getting on with thinking up more sneaky moves.

Down to Governments to kick their butts, but some look like they need to Manufacture Butt protectors, the US Court System is getting peed off at them.

The Buck seems to not be stopping with Dr Martin Winterkorn the Engineers Engineer.

Edited by Offski

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So VW are buying back some affected cars from 2 towns in Germany i read as they are not Defending themselves in court against the group actions.

(EDIT, sorry, not appealing against the decision of a court.)

So lets see how EU Countries Government deal with the German Government and VW that just play off individuals and groups in various EU Countries.

I also am reading that US Authorities have issued International Arrest Warrants on 6 VW Employees, engineers or whoever.

Maybe time is getting short on freedom of movement for the heid yins and not just their minions / fall guys.

Edited by Awayoffski

On 20/05/2017 at 22:34, Awayoffski said:

Are there any on Briskoda that have now had 'The Fix done on a 1.2 or 1.6 Skoda?

Not had the "fix" done, but just received the letter advising that it is available for my 1.6 Superb.

I am not bothering!

i have lost a lot of faith in VAG.

3 hours ago, Awayoffski said:

So VW are buying back some affected cars from 2 towns in Germany i read as they are not Defending themselves in court against the group actions.

(EDIT, sorry, not appealing against the decision of a court.)

So lets see how EU Countries Government deal with the German Government and VW that just play off individuals and groups in various EU Countries.

I also am reading that US Authorities have issued International Arrest Warrants on 6 VW Employees, engineers or whoever.

Maybe time is getting short on freedom of movement for the heid yins and not just their minions / fall guys.

Engineers got to jail ..........not bankers though ....(10 year anniversary of financial ruin and suicides for thousands) 

Edited by Ryeman

On 24/06/2017 at 23:35, Ryeman said:

Engineers got to jail ..........not bankers though ....(10 year anniversary of financial ruin and suicides for thousands) 

Engineers don't fund political parties

Awayoffski et al

I had it confirmed last week that UK's VCA, Vehicle Certification Agency, has now cleared the "fix" for all variants of the EA189 in Skodas. The VCA is the designated agency for the whole of Europe for the Skoda brand. VCA were much slower at approving the fix than the German equivalent, KBA, was for the VW and Audi brands. The reason why has not been made public - yet. I got my invitation last week. I shall not be taking it up having seen numerous report of problems and having seen the Channel 4 News item last week -https://www.channel4.com/news/vw-software-fix-has-damaged-vehicles  

19 minutes ago, chimaera said:

No, ADAC's study showed torque curves too.

They claim the torque curve is "smoother"......?

4 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

They claim the torque curve is "smoother"......?

From what I remember, yes, the power and torque curves were smoother than before the update. Marginal differences in power and torque across the rev range - they considered the differences to be within the bounds of measurement error.

Just now, chimaera said:

From what I remember, yes, the power and torque curves were smoother than before the update. Marginal differences in power and torque across the rev range - they considered the differences to be within the bounds of measurement error.

The bottom line for most isn't so much the smoothness as where max torque occurs........ie NOT on Germany motorways!

21 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

The bottom line for most isn't so much the smoothness as where max torque occurs........ie NOT on Germany motorways!

Like I said, the variation in the ADAC test was marginal across the rev range: the two curves more or less sat on top of each other. The difference at any engine speed was within the error margin of the measurement.

15 minutes ago, chimaera said:

Like I said, the variation in the ADAC test was marginal across the rev range: the two curves more or less sat on top of each other. The difference at any engine speed was within the error margin of the measurement.

So, not much to justify a congratulatory response from ADAC then.

For us, predominantly NON motorway users its confirmation of our fears .

21 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

So, not much to justify a congratulatory response from ADAC then.

For us, predominantly NON motorway users its confirmation of our fears .

I don't think you're understanding this: ADAC's figures indicate no change to real world performance as a result of the update.