Check deadlock! Owner's manual!

Mohammadshawareb

What about the message to remove your phone?
It's only a reminder.
I once left my mum and wife in car while I went to a shop and automatically locked the car as I walked away.
On returning to the car the alarm was going off but it only led to embarrassment that they could not get out.
It could have been more than that so take it as it is, a warning.
I did not take it seriously when I got out then but do now and thinking about it it's good car security if used properly.

If you need to leave animals or people in the car press the button on the bottom of drivers side B post or double click the locking fob twice within 2 seconds when locking, that will disable the interior alarm monitoring and deadlocking inside for one locking session.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Urrell said:

What about the message to remove your phone?
It's only a reminder.
I once left my mum and wife in car while I went to a shop and automatically locked the car as I walked away.
On returning to the car the alarm was going off but it only led to embarrassment that they could not get out.
It could have been more than that so take it as it is, a warning.
I did not take it seriously when I got out then but do now and thinking about it it's good car security if used properly.

If you need to leave animals or people in the car press the button on the bottom of drivers side B post or double click the locking fob twice within 2 seconds when locking, that will disable the interior alarm monitoring and deadlocking inside for one locking session.

I locked my wife and mother-in-law in the car with alarm running. Never heard the end of it. Still raised now 5 years later!

• Like 3

I am glad someone asked this, I got so fed up trying to find

how to get rid, that I threw the handbook out of the window!

So it is a permanent warning not to lock your passengers in.

Right, now what is a Drivers side B-post switch? :D

8 minutes ago, gumdrop said:

....Right, now what is a Drivers side B-post switch? :D

Page 37 of the 2013 Manual - probably different for yours, but look under 'Alarm'.  Useful for dogs, kids, MiL's and ferries :)

Edited by Brijo

20 minutes ago, gumdrop said:

Right, now what is a Drivers side B-post switch? :D

Does the same as double click when locking, it changes from red to amber and lasts for one locking.
Handy on ferries and for locking MIL in B)

Sensing_off_Button[1].jpg

This message, or variants of it, appear across the VAG range.  My Audi does it, the SEAT Leon demo car I had recently did it, the Yeti does it.... I just ignore it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Expatman said:

I locked my wife and mother-in-law in the car with alarm running. Never heard the end of it. Still raised now 5 years later!

........and you're still claiming it was an accident?.)))

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mohammadshawareb said:

it didn't mention how to reset it, it just shows you when it fires

???
Don't understand that, resetting what or what is firing?

We're talking at cross purposes here. 

1     No, you can't remove the safety message AFAIK - for reasons of safety!  Everyone who drives the car, not just you. 

2     Re-setting referred to the driver's side B-post switch.