Superb MY18 news - when?

Do you guys now what gearbox will be fitted to the TDI190 4X4 DSG? My salesman told me that MY18 this fall will get the newer 7 speed wet DSG gearbox - same as in Kodiaq.

Have you heard anything about this? I've only seen DSG6 mentioned in the order and brochures but - she told me twice that it would come with DSG7?

The car is already ordered (last week) do it doesn't make any difference and I don't really care if it's 6 or 7 speed. But I do like to know what I get :)

On 8/12/2017 at 22:44, SwissRob said:

Highly recommended! In my opinion, money well spent (about €35.00) 

recommending too, just price is little bit crazy

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/393511-what-bulbs-are-fitted-to-the-s3-upgraded-bulb-recommendations/?do=findComment&comment=4893173

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

Reading a lot, first time to write!

I am in the process of lurking around for a new car and it seems I spend most of lurking around here - Superb Mk3 which seems perfect (besides usual enigmas like - will it last forever and work perfectly :-)). 

About the only thing I did not like was - fingerprint magnet black glossy plastic around gearbox. I am sure some (or many?) people like it, but personally I do not see any aesthetics improvement over regular matt surfaces. I did, however, see bunch of fingerprints in saloon model and did not like it a bit. 

And now, looking at this MY18 refresh photos - I see fingerprint magnet surfaces have increased quite a bit - and not reduced :-( Even ventilation controls now look glossy, am I right?

I wish there would be an option to remove that and go back to full matt. 

Of course, I will not go away from Superb because of shiny surfaces, but each time I will look at them I will silently hate unknown Skoda designer :-)

Besides from that, I am still trying to figure out if some options are worth the cost like:

- aux heating (leaning to no)

- park assistance (probably yes)

- smart light package (or go basic light assistance since I don't need lane assist)

- ventilated seats (my butt wants it, but my wallet is not so sure)

- DSG (leaning to now, higher price, higher maintenance, reports of struggle at low speed, reports on latency when pedal shifting and so on)

- beige interior (it looks very nice, but how quickly does it get dirty and how hard is to clean it)

- 190PS engine (over 150PS) - more power, but is 150 enough and 150 seems to be longer out there and I would really like to drive this car over 300.000 km

Also I have a few worries:

1) Front assist - people writing it sometimes activates when it should not - does that happen a lot?

2) Virtual pedal - also found quite a few reports with virtual pedal not always working

3) 18" wheels with 235/45 profile - which is a bit rare and pricy in my country and there does not seem to be a way to downgrade - also - besides visuals - there are not further benefits from 18", just minuses, so I would really like to stick to 16" or maybe 17", not sure

I am in no rush and will probably wait two or three months before order, also things move slow in my country, didn't even get a test drive after three weeks, still waiting. 

So, there is plenty of time to sort this points out ... and maybe try to get used to shiny black plastic :-(

Have fun!

Edited by Skodilac13

• 2 weeks later...
On 12.08.2017 at 21:44, SwissRob said:

Hi All

I have a different experience! :dry: (Sigh, sad look on face...)

Despite using the MY17 configurator to order the detachable LED boot light, it was NOT fitted to my MY18 Superb Style+ 220PS DSG6 :sadsmile:

The dealer did already tell me around order time, that it wouldn't be orderable, but I assumed it was because it was becoming a standard item. Well, not here. 

You can easily retrofit this detachable led lamp. 3 wires to connect (+/-) and one to the existing luggage lamp. 1 hour work with break for the beer.

Edited by Enriquez