Oil level rising.

mikejay

What factors could make my oil level rise?  Only changed my Oil a month ago and the level is back up to over full. Injector? Dpf is fine. Never needed a force regen. It's a 2010 Octavia vrs cr. 

Too much oil would be my guess....  Did you dip on level ground the first time?  And maybe before the new oil had time to gather fully in the sump? 

False reading first time you dipped showing less oil than was actually put in? 

No mate. Been having this problem for a while now. Keep having to drop some every few month. And when I say oil level rise I really mean contence of sump. I'm presuming it has fuel mixed in as well. 

Edited by mikejay

It will be happening all the time. There should be a mark higher up the dipstick that if the level reaches, you must change your oil. I wouldn't release any until it gets near the level as the concentration of your oil will decrease and you'll lose your engine as I'm sure you're aware.

There is however a possible fault in that the engine is putting in too much diesel. I don't know where you would start looking for such an issue, a computer parameters test might indicate  something.

So how many miles on the engine. You say DPF is fine so obviously you still have that,

what about any other mods, RE-map / EGR removal, injectors, or is the engine / engine management OEM?

PS

Did you do the oil & filter change,

So what oil did you use and can you trust the source of it, trusted trader and not just Mail Order with the possibility of snide oil 

in Branded Containers.

Edited by Offski

My first thoughts:-

HGF giving a leak from water to oil system; check if the coolant level is falling.

Injector(s) weeping when engine not running. Is the oil smelling of diesel?

Do you have "addblue"? If so, is there a mechanism by which it could get into the oil system? (genuinely don't know myself)