Oil Temperature

OT.  

But heading down your way on a jaunt tomorrow for a few days of visiting. Look out for another 10 plate red vRS.

More OT,

Brian have lots of fun with the new car.

Catch up with you sometime soon i hope.

Ta ra.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Offski said:

OT.  

But heading down your way on a jaunt tomorrow for a few days of visiting. Look out for another 10 plate red vRS.

More OT,

Brian have lots of fun with the new car.

Catch up with you sometime soon i hope.

Ta ra.

What you in buddy all red or black or white roof? I'll look out for you be nice to meet if we can, missed out on meeting Brian a couple weeks ago as he was literally just up the road from me but I wasn't around

Edited by Wikinoob
Messed up

As they should be, all red. (Black wheels though)

Naths, yours and mine were triplets built at the same time.

I am on someone else's timetable and they are paying the fuel so i will not arrange anything if you do not mind.

We need to get a Santa Pod visit arranged this year maybe, see how Brian's new car goes compared to the last time he was there.

imageedit_2_8708386030.jpg

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1

Ohh didn't realise mine had sisters lol, I'll give you a flash if I see you buddy, I'm in Sussex by the way and I've got new surrounds for my number plates so I should be easy to spot buddy is your SG60 also?

IMG_0484.JPG

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Wikinoob said:

Yeah I'm only on just over 33000 buddy, not sure wether there a bargain or waste of money at present.

Or I've been offered a Splitter for £100 fitted but I wanted to keep her standard

For what it's worth mate I would buy VCDS always a handy tool to have especially if you ever decide to retro fit any parts to your car or get any fault codes 

29 minutes ago, Offski said:

As they should be, all red. (Black wheels though)

Naths, yours and mine were triplets built at the same time.

I am on someone else's timetable and they are paying the fuel so i will not arrange anything if you do not mind.

We need to get a Santa Pod visit arranged this year maybe, see how Brian's new car goes compared to the last time he was there.

imageedit_2_8708386030.jpg

I'd love santa pod this year once I'm at stage 3 ;)

1 hour ago, Wikinoob said:

Ohh didn't realise mine had sisters lol, I'll give you a flash if I see you buddy, I'm in Sussex by the way and I've got new surrounds for my number plates so I should be easy to spot buddy is your SG60 also?

IMG_0484.JPG

I'm in Sussex too but don't have VCDS.

I just had a service on mine and I have noticed aswell that the Oil Temp is reading "---". Before after 5 or so minutues it would should a temperature. Can a disconnect of the battery cause this? Or could it be the change of oil?

20 hours ago, Wikinoob said:

Number plate is pretty smart better than the standard yellow, how did you get the VRS logo on? Am I right in thinking you can only have standard yellow or white background only.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Offski said:

Change of oil should not do it. Neither should disconnecting the battery or letting it go flat.

Who changed the Oil and what else did they do to your car or was it you that changed it?

My local garage who have changed the oil before. They just did the usual service plus an air con service.

He has not lost the oil temperature its just reading -- which it does until it gets up to about 50 or 60 degrees.
My water temp takes about 10 miles to get up to the normal running 90 degrees and the oil takes about 3 times longer than that.
Wait until you have a longer run in these low temperatures before you start probing about.
I am on variable servicing and it shows the oil temperature.

That is a Yeti you have is it not?

Xeon5 has a Polo GTI Twincharger that he had before and after a new engine was fitted so really is kind of familiar with his car.

About 5 minutes for the Coolant to show 90*oC,  but 5-10 miles to show 50*oC even at 0*oC in a 1.4TSI twincharger

and it will start @ 50*oC. not 60*oC

Edited by Offski

1 minute ago, Offski said:

That is a Yeti you have is it not?

Xeon5 has a Polo GTI Twincharger that he had before and after a new engine was fitted so really is kind of familiar with his car.

About 10 miles to show even at 0*oC in a 1.4TSI twincharger and it will start @ 50*oC. 

When it will show.

Yes you saw that well.
So the Polo will not show the oil temperature if set on variable servicing?
He said it's showing -- so it has not been lost in the display if that is showing, my take is that it's not hot enough to show or the sensor has failed.

2 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

Number plate is pretty smart better than the standard yellow, how did you get the VRS logo on? Am I right in thinking you can only have standard yellow or white background only.

What, I thought at first that you were asking if we in UK have the choice of white or yellow back grounds for plates!

If you did, then I'll put you right, front plates must be white background with black letters and numbers, rear plates must be yellow with black letters and numbers.

• Like 2

The Oil Temp will show when on Variable Servicing, but not when someone messes up changing from Fixed to Variable 

or just does not know what they are doing when resetting the Service Indicator. 

A recurring issue since 2011 really. So plenty threads on it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

It's a standard uk number plate that I got made up, internet order...all I did was type into Google vrs.png which will give you the logo with a transparent background. Use any decent show plate website that does LEAGAL plates and upload it as the badge to either side and hey presto there you have it, also got it on rear. Just be sure to use your legal font and spacing.

I have attached the vRS Logo that I used, sorry but I can't remember the site I used to order them from...

IMG_0602.PNG

Edited by Wikinoob
  • Like 1

On 1/25/2017 at 20:06, Brian69 said:

The car used to show the oil temperature as it was set to variable servicing (although serviced annually anyway) by Parks (that's another story...) - when it went to Henry's for the third service they switched it to fixed and the oil temperature disappeared. 

That happened to our last Octavia, I complained, returned the car & they reset it to show the oil temperature whilst keeping it on fixed servicing.

If you have a VCDS owning member near you they could probably reset it for you.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, old newbie2 said:

That happened to our last Octavia, I complained, returned the car & they reset it to show the oil temperature whilst keeping it on fixed servicing.

If you have a VCDS owning member near you they could probably reset it for you.. 

Hmmm, maybe thats what they have done? It says just under 10,000 miles to the next service.

Anyone here from Bristol/South West with VCDS?

2 hours ago, Xeon5 said:

Hmmm, maybe thats what they have done? It says just under 10,000 miles to the next service.

Anyone here from Bristol/South West with VCDS?

If it's been reset to fixed interval servicing, the default mileage is 9,400 miles / = 15,000 kms.

Take the car back to the dealer & complain, they should fix it FOC.