Backseat

dadgom

Apart from demo's that dealers are looking at I would have thought it unlikely that anyone else has access to a Kodiaq. I have been invited, as have others to a showing on the 10th February. I will see if I remember to note that for you if you do not have it by then.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Culverden said:

... 30-35 cm sounds quite narrow. I know Disco4 is a bigger car but central seat measures 43cm in width. 

30-35cm does sound tight.

43cm in a Disco4 is just matching a seat on Ryanair... that makes you think.... and wince a little bit.

• Like 1

My Superb MkII seems to be roughly 25cm between the seatbelt fasteners (the seat is 28-29cm?) so if the Kodiaq is 30cm it wouldn't be so bad

Edited by dadgom

It sucks, big SUV like this must have three separate seats in the back and positions for three isofix seats....cost saving! the only thing which matters is a year bonus to managers in big multinational companies like VAG!

TBH only one SUV under 40k on the UK market has that extra width in the rear, the Ford Edge.

But you have to have diesel and only 5 seats with that.

Edited by Mr Grump

Every normal car is actually for 4 homo sapiens, including SUVs.

if you need 3 separate back seats, forget SUV and start looking after S-max, Galaxy, Espace, Alhambra or Sharan. Or even something more huge.

1 minute ago, Mr Grump said:

TBH only one car under 40k on the UK market has that extra width in the rear, the Ford Edge.

But you have to have diesel and only 5 seats with that.

I bet not enough to drive 3 kids (age: 1-12) on kid-seats. I own Grand Scenic and even with 3 separate seats, the middle one is narrower and 3 kid-seats are mission impossible and having an adult on the middle row between two kid-seats is a masochism.