Pioneer NAVGATE EVO navigation system- nice bit of kit

Just thought I'd share in case any one has seen it or was looking at it.

I replaced my Factory Navigation on my elegance, because i really didn't get on with it, for the Pioneer system, which integrates perfectly with this rest of the car.

All in all, an amazing piece of kit, well worth the upgrade whether upgrading from the basic model or the navigation.

Octavia nav 2.jpg

Octavia nav1.jpg

• Like 2

On 27/1/2017 at 12:04, Mikehaseler said:

Just thought I'd share in case any one has seen it or was looking at it.

I replaced my Factory Navigation on my elegance, because i really didn't get on with it, for the Pioneer system, which integrates perfectly with this rest of the car.

All in all, an amazing piece of kit, well worth the upgrade whether upgrading from the basic model or the navigation.

Octavia nav 2.jpg

Octavia nav1.jpg

I have it installed in my octavia too. It has some nice features, but there also some things which needs improvement...

The compass in mfa comes and goes.

It doesn't show the parking sensor screen before fully booted (22s).

It is not able to read all files on my usb stick with Flac file's. 

Etc...

• Like 1

On 28/01/2017 at 21:51, philipc said:

I have it installed in my octavia too. It has some nice features, but there also some things which needs improvement...

The compass in mfa comes and goes.

It doesn't show the parking sensor screen before fully booted (22s).

It is not able to read all files on my usb stick with Flac file's. 

Etc...

Hi I must admit, i do actually work for Pioneer myself, and have noted some of the same things like the compass.

Generally for me, by the time I'm ready to move off, the parking sensors have already kicked in. So I've not found this to be an issue for me.
Being in the position that i am, i can/ have passed through some feedback so that hopefully these things can be rectified with an update.

1 hour ago, Chatstar123 said:

I've been thinking about getting this unit as part of an ICE install. How much did you pay and where did you purchase? Does it integrate with ALL the systems?

As you can see from the above, i do actually work for the company myself, so the unit wasn't at a cost to me. However, I am trying to sort out a discounted rate for this product, for any one on this forum, so when that happens i'll be able to post details.
I had the elegance model, which came with most of the electronic systems i believe. I've had the extra CD player installed in the glove box, which replaces the original . It uses the original USB socket, (to keep things neat) There is also a replacement DAB amplifier that replaces the one in the boot, which means i can use the original antennas, is reception is impeccable. So the install itself keeps the car looking pretty OE, which is nice.
It retains, the parking sensor display, air con display and settings, car settings menus, Drive mode selector info and customisation, the Display between the clocks, will read out the source/ music as before, and retain the navigation display info as well.

I used the original navigation system in the Skoda for a little while so i had a comparison on what was lost and gained when replacing it, and personally, Its retained all the functions that i bought the car for and obviously has much more functionality over the original one too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chatstar123 said:

Thanks for the information. I am definitely interested in one of these units so will keep an eye out to see if you can get a discount for us. Are you planning to upgrade any other parts of the sound system?

Yes, I'll be replacing the sound system in this one too, My previous vRS had the sound system replaced- speakers and sub in a stealth box. I will be installing our top end PRS speakers into this one, with some sound proofing, as well as (hopefully, if i can do it with out the wife finding out) a false boot floor sub woofer install with a couple of our shallow mount subs to save on space. A job for the spring/summer i think :)

32 minutes ago, Mikehaseler said:

Yes, I'll be replacing the sound system in this one too, My previous vRS had the sound system replaced- speakers and sub in a stealth box. I will be installing our top end PRS speakers into this one, with some sound proofing, as well as (hopefully, if i can do it with out the wife finding out) a false boot floor sub woofer install with a couple of our shallow mount subs to save on space. A job for the spring/summer i think :)

I've only just got my octy so still in the thinking stages but i'm thinking Navgate head unit, new front components, sound deadening and one (maybe 2) subs in the back. For previous install i've used Focal amp,Hertz speakers, JL audio amp and subs and pioneer headunit.  Yes definitely a summer job.

3 minutes ago, Chatstar123 said:

I've only just got my octy so still in the thinking stages but i'm thinking Navgate head unit, new front components, sound deadening and one (maybe 2) subs in the back. For previous install i've used Focal amp,Hertz speakers, JL audio amp and subs and pioneer headunit.  Yes definitely a summer job.

Sounds like a good set up, when i start doing my install i'll probably try and keep up to date with progress pics, but will be good to see yours too, depending on what you decide. keep an eye out for details of the Navgate deal :)

17 minutes ago, Mikehaseler said:

Sounds like a good set up, when i start doing my install i'll probably try and keep up to date with progress pics, but will be good to see yours too, depending on what you decide. keep an eye out for details of the Navgate deal :)

Will do. Just need to get saving now!!!

• Like 1

Nice unit and I'm really interested about this. I have a week old Octavia Scout 184 TDI DSG with Bolero, Canton, Color Maxidot display, auxiliary heater, parking sensors and reversing camera. Some questions:

- How long it takes for radio / music to start after ignition? (Is it as long as parking sensors?) How about reversing camera?

- Does Apple CarPlay work with original USB-port? How about line-in?

- I have webasto heater so I also have shark antenna with GPS, but I'm not sure if it is wired to head unit (as I don't have original navigator). Is it possible to use original antenna if there is one? Does this one come with GPS antenna and is the receiver strong enough inside car as I have heated wind screen also?

- Alpine one have really nice installation and user manuals available in their website. I didn't find any for this Pioneer. Do you Mikehaseler know if these can be found somewhere?

EDIT I found VW Golf manuals at Pioneer website, so don't need help with this!

Also could either of you owners send some photos how parking sensor screen, air conditioning screen and/or car menu screens look?

And if possible could you arrange a discount in Finland also :biggrin: Thanks!

EDIT: And the most important question: Does it work with Canton Sound System out of the box?

Edited by traktori
  • Like 1

I've just bought a Pioneer hide away unit for my Bolero system in the Octy III vRS!

It is fully integrated with original touchscreen & operates by holding the Media button for more than 2 seconds.

Planning to fit it at weekend.

I'll let you know what I think.

Edited by Jon TDI
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, traktori said:

Nice unit and I'm really interested about this. I have a week old Octavia Scout 184 TDI DSG with Bolero, Canton, Color Maxidot display, auxiliary heater, parking sensors and reversing camera. Some questions:

- How long it takes for radio / music to start after ignition? (Is it as long as parking sensors?) How about reversing camera?

- Does Apple CarPlay work with original USB-port? How about line-in?

- I have webasto heater so I also have shark antenna with GPS, but I'm not sure if it is wired to head unit (as I don't have original navigator). Is it possible to use original antenna if there is one? Does this one come with GPS antenna and is the receiver strong enough inside car as I have heated wind screen also?

- Alpine one have really nice installation and user manuals available in their website. I didn't find any for this Pioneer. Do you Mikehaseler know if these can be found somewhere?

EDIT I found VW Golf manuals at Pioneer website, so don't need help with this!

Also could either of you owners send some photos how parking sensor screen, air conditioning screen and/or car menu screens look?

And if possible could you arrange a discount in Finland also :biggrin: Thanks!

EDIT: And the most important question: Does it work with Canton Sound System out of the box?

Hey Traktori, What i can do if you like is to record a quick youtube video, that would cover off the points that you've asked? much better to see it physically working rather than pictures. I'll try and get this done later on.
There is a replacement PCB available, which replaces the OE one in the USB port plastics, this wires to the headunit, so both AUX and USB functions are retained. The installer has the option whether or not they dedicate this to Android Auto or Apple Carplay (different USB socket on the rear of the unit) So yes, you can use Carplay through the original USB dock.

The unit comes with a GPS already, which is perfectly fine and reliable. I have mine located behind the glovebox on a Metal plate. The unit will use the vehicles speed pulses along with a gyro sensor to calculate vehicle speed direction motion etc, along side the GPS so is very accurate anyway.

Ref the discount, it will be with a specific dealer here in the UK - we cant sell directly to end users, so if they are able to offer international shipping, then i suppose its possible.
I will check on the canton system too and let you know

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jon TDI said:

I've just bought a Pioneer hide away unit for my Bolero system in the Octy III vRS!

It is fully integrated with original touchscreen & operates by holding the Media button for more than 2 seconds.

Planning to fit it at weekend.

I'll let you know what I think.

You might find the image quality is a little grainy. The Video in feed on the Skoda/VW systems degrade the image quality from the box, in comparison to when the box is used through a normal Pioneer headunit. But then in my opinion, the quality is no worse than the OE navigation.
Make sure you back up the SD card before use. If the unit ever fails to shut down properly you could end up with a corrupt SD card, which contains the program and license files that boot the navigation software. So back up to save any problems down the line.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikehaseler said:

Hey Traktori, What i can do if you like is to record a quick youtube video, that would cover off the points that you've asked? much better to see it physically working rather than pictures.

The unit comes with a GPS already, which is perfectly fine and reliable. I have mine located behind the glovebox on a Metal plate. The unit will use the vehicles speed pulses along with a gyro sensor to calculate vehicle speed direction motion etc, along side the GPS so is very accurate anyway.

Thank you very much! I really appreciate that!

Its nice to know that even this unit could use vehicle data as location aid. It is one thing I have always missed when using phone or standalone navi unit.

33 minutes ago, traktori said:

Thank you very much! I really appreciate that!

Its nice to know that even this unit could use vehicle data as location aid. It is one thing I have always missed when using phone or standalone navi unit.

Heres a quick video of the vehicle settings menus

https://youtu.be/fgtERRKs3dU

I hate talking in videos so excuse the voice.

I have checked about the compatibility with the Canton system, and at the moment, out the box its not plug and play. I dont know whether or not its possible to modify the wiring to integrate, but because i've not seen a Canton system, and how the wiring differs between them i cant say i'm afraid. I have asked the question though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates on a discount purchase, or if not anywhere that stocks this in the UK? The Pioneer website seems to refer me to Halfords and I doubt they will stock a car specific model like this one.

14 minutes ago, Pessimal said:

are there any chances of this fitting a mk2 superb?

It's completely the wrong shape for the MK2 Superb.

There are some older headunits from Pioneer you can try such as the AVIC-F9310BT and AVIC-F9210BT.

Kenwood also do a VAG shaped unit which is the DNX516DABS.

Finally, you can use a normal double DIN unit with an appropriate facia adaptor.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/02/2017 at 15:01, Yaumeister said:

Any updates on a discount purchase, or if not anywhere that stocks this in the UK? The Pioneer website seems to refer me to Halfords and I doubt they will stock a car specific model like this one.

Halfords definitely wont stock this product.
I presume from your profile, your still Northampton based? I'll check with the area rep to see what stores he recommends in the area.

Were still working on the discounts and selected distributors unfortunately

No rush so if there is a discount to be had I'm happy to wait, but appreciate if you let me know what are the recommended Pioneer stores in or around Northampton for future reference.

Is there a list online somewhere of the accessories that are needed to get all the connected devices working? From what I gathered a new DVD/SD card reader is needed, maybe some adapter to connect to the existing USB port/aerial/parking sensors/reverse camera? I imagine all these will add quite a bit of cost to the base unit.

PS - Is Cartronics in Byfleet Surrey an approved Pioneer vendor? They seem to be advertising this unit on Amazon for a low price compared to European prices (+1000 euros).

Edited by Yaumeister

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/03/2017 at 11:24, Mikehaseler said:

Halfords definitely wont stock this product.
I presume from your profile, your still Northampton based? I'll check with the area rep to see what stores he recommends in the area.

Were still working on the discounts and selected distributors unfortunately

Any updates on this? I've tried ordering and getting it fitted via Professional Retrofits (http://poollretrofits.com/), listed as an authorised reseller on the website, but the shop owner tells me of Pioneer has none of the accessories available for OEM integration.

Edited by Yaumeister

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay on this, I've been out of the business for a bit, and we've have some issues with the distribution on this which has caused more delays.
We finally have some pricing and availability. This product was intended for purchase as a fitted solution via authorised dealers and not as a retail boxed product retailing at around £1300-£1400 at dealer level. We've managed to secure the supply of this as a retail product, allowing you to purchase and install yourself, saving you more money.

Pricing to members of the forum, which include a 10% discount of the cost of box price itself are:

Navigation system £899.99
XDV-10 (add on DVD player) £199.99
DAB Ant £24.99 (if required request via email)

The distributor for this product is InCarTec in Exeter if fitting is required at their labour rate, other wise the item will be shipped to your door.

Sales enquires: 
Email: [email protected]

• Like 1