fog light options

6V0052186

Without cornering light and without daytime running light Scope of delivery: headlight left / right, headlight cover left / right, wiring harness and mounting material Features: Important information about installation!Activation of the fog lamps and coding in the vehicle system take place via an activation code / action code ("32047").Please observe the instructions according to the assembly instructions 6V0052186 Our service for you We would be pleased to advise you individually and personally by our team.Payment & Shipping Method of payment: Bank transfer, cash upon pickup.Shipping: Shipment by DHL You can pick up the item in our Audi center to save shipping costs.

Varies from €194-€264 

Yes that's euros check at local dealer/tps 

Don't give them the number as the UK ones may be different (can't see it being different but you never know ) 

• 4 weeks later...

Just had the front fog lights retro fitted to mine by local dealer...

If it helps anyone, the parts listed on the invoice are :

3D0941165A - Housing x1

5E0941431FWHI - Switch x1

000979244E - Wire Set x1

6V0052186 - Front Fog  x1

Edited by jollyfriar
Update quantity needed..

4 hours ago, Jeffchiz said:

Probably a lot more than the £170 it cost as an extra

Embarrassingly so... :blush:

But, in my defence I only had a few hours to decide, view, & buy another car, and didn't think not having fog lights would matter...

Until I hit a pot-hole in the rain at night, on an unlit road... almost loosing control of the car in the process...

I damaged the tyre, but was very lucky that I didn't damage the alloy, or suspension...

Only then did I think that the additional lighting in front on the car would have helped to avoid it...

Trying it, the fog lights do indeed light the area directly in front, and to the side, much better...  

To say I have had no previous history with Skoda, and I bought in a hurry, it's a cracking car... :biggrin:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, LDSman said:

Have spoken with local dealer. They say the parts kit listed by Jollyfriar above is no longer available to order from Skoda.

Does anyone know where I could get one?

Let me have a look tonight when I get home I'll let you know what I find 

Jollyfriar, which type of headlights have you got?

The light from the headlights in my Fabia III was improved by upgrading the headlight bulbs.

I don't have fog lights and find don't need them in this car.

Most if my driving is on unlit country roads.

Thanks AG Falco

6 hours ago, AGFalco said:

Jollyfriar, which type of headlights have you got?

The light from the headlights in my Fabia III was improved by upgrading the headlight bulbs.

I have the non-projector headlights with H4 bulbs. I fitted Osram Night Breaker "Laser" bulbs and found them to be a moderate improvement over stock bulbs.

Just curious which bulbs you fitted?

10 hours ago, Shenanigans000 said:

Just curious which bulbs you fitted?

I paid for the Projector headlights with the 4 x H7 bulbs and I fitted the Osram Night Breaker ( what ever it was at the time, ) bulbs.

The headlight aim also needed to be raised on my car. I now have no complaints.

I have been using these bulbs for many years and they work very well for me.

I find if you have the H4 bulbs you have one bulb each side but each bulb has two filaments, one for dipped and one for main beam.

So when you are on main beam you only have two filaments on, one in each bulb, with a total watt output of 120W.

But with the Projector type you have two bulbs for dipped at 110 watts and two for main beam also at 110 watts.

All four bulbs come on when you are on main beam with a total of 220 watts.

You can notice the difference with the H4 bulbs by having the dipped beam on and then holding the main beam flash on at the same time. This will get all four filaments on at the same time, but don't do this for long as the bulbs get too hot.

Thanks AG Falco

Thanks AG Falco

Back in the day I had a Marina with halogen conversion headlights, originally they were sealed beams. I rigged the dip switch so on main beam the dip stayed on with the main. Very effective it was and I never had a filament go in 2 years. I've had projector dips in a Fabia mk2 with nightbreakers in and I still thought they were rubbish. I would far rather have the reflector dips, more light and better beam pattern in my opinion.

The 4 H7 bulbs with the Projector dipped beam in the Fabia III for me have been as good as the car it replaced.

This also had 4 H7 bulbs ( the same bulbs as I swapped them in to the new car ) but had the reflector dipped beam.

This was not a Skoda though so this might make a difference.

Thanks AG Falco

• 2 years later...

Sorry to raise this thread from the grave but I have just ordered the Fog Light Retrofit kit from aboard (Skoda Parts confirmed it will work with my VIN) 

What I am in need of is the wiring guide / instructions of how to fit the kit onto the Fabia. @malcsterdo you have any powers to links for this retrofit etc? Or is it available on erWin after I pay the hour access fee. 

I have all the workshop manual, electrics, body, etc etc but wondered if there was a direct repair guide that VW / Skoda techs use to retrofit. 

TIA. 

I think I have found how to do it using the Fabia wiring diags and some forum jumping.

2 wires from each light (L22 and L23) - 4 in total. 2 go to ground with the other 2 going into the cabin and connect to Pins 3 and 40 of the brown plug (T46B) connected to the BCM (J519) 

VCDS will 865936223_FogLights.thumb.PNG.e3b1dc7215fe271a6244bca99b3b202a.PNGobviously be needed as per previous posts above.