Columbus latest software version

10 minutes ago, glosrich said:

Update portal only covers map and Bluetooth updates.

Sounds like OP is asking about a full software update

OP - there is a newer version for MIB1 (not sure if May 15 is MIB2?) but the source isn't an official Skoda source, but a Russian site. Someone posted a link the other day in another topic.

Edited by ahenners

That thread relates to the Columbus MIB1. The latest, generally available, firmware is 0390. This improved my unit considerably, in terms of DAB performance, as mine was originally running 0101. There is a version 0409 (0411), they are the same thing, but this only makes a difference if you have Canton, otherwise it is identical to 0390.

3 minutes ago, Paulius55 said:

That thread relates to the Columbus MIB1. The latest, generally available, firmware is 0390. This improved my unit considerably, in terms of DAB performance, as mine was originally running 0101. There is a version 0409 (0411), they are the same thing, but this only makes a difference if you have Canton, otherwise it is identical to 0390.

Do you know what difference it makes to Canton? I have Canton and have an older firmware but haven't had any issues, so not sure whether to update 

No,  I went from 0101 to 0202 to 0390 to 0409, but the first 2 updates were done in the same session to bring my unit up to date at the time so I only saw the difference between 101 and 390. As I do not have Canton, there was no difference for me when I went to 409.

I just did the latest update on mine; my 63 plate was on 0190 version previously. I do also have Canton, however I think the update was skipped; if it is the AMP11_APN, it said my current version was already 1801 which is same as in the update, despite my overall MIB version being quite old.

14 hours ago, andyvee said:

No point updating from 0370 if you don't have Canton

What does it with canton? Will it help normalize the volum? As in that it wont lower the volum in certain more bassheavy parts of a track?

• 3 years later...

Hello,

I have a stupid question (maybe) can anybody tell me why the part number changed after the software update? I attached the photos from the previous and the new software. And on the old version, the car appeared as grey (darker grey) on the new software also grey but a silver like grey, when i open the drivers door, the dark grey comes back, after i close it, silver grey appears again. Any sugestions???

Many thanks.

1759F7CB-68F7-4022-8A59-763955D9D917.jpeg

9ED343E6-AC3B-42B2-90F0-FF6A86BD4A65.jpeg

• 6 months later...

Greetings!

I just bought Skoda Octavia Combi TDi 2.0 DSG and it has a Columus MIB 1 (I belive) infotainment system.

Device part #: 5E0035020D

Hardware: H43

Software: 0370

I looked it up and found out that there is an upgrade to Software version 0390, but I can't download it from nowhere.

I wonder is there a reason to update to a newer version, and if yes, is there someone to send me a file?

I apologize if this question was already asked, but I am new to Briskoda forum and still have to manage it.

Thanks a lot for a reply!

Greetings from Croatia!

Skoda_Infotainment.jpg