My Octavia mk3 converted to VRS

Hey Guys,

i have recently joined here and would love to introduce you all to my ride.
Its a 1.8TSi DSG octavia MK3 converted to a VRS,

all this as in india we do not get the VRS model officially
Mods As follows
Cosmetic Upgrades 
1) Vrs front Bumper conversion
2) Honey comb front grill
3) Eyebrows on headlights
4) Monte carlo edition emblems
5) Front Lip Spoiler
6) Rear Diffuser
7) RS230 ltd edition rear spoiler
8) VRS pedals
9) VRS steering Wheel
10) VRS gear Knob
11) VRS Emblems front & back

Performance upgrades
1) Stage 2 ECU Remap by PS chiptuning
2) Stage 2 APR Carbonio air intake
3) Apr Turbo muffler delete
4) Apr silicon boost hose kit
5) Forge blow off valve
6) KW lowering springs
7) EBC red stuff brake pads
8) BBS SR 17" rims with 225/45/17 michelin pilot sport tyres

Lighting upgrades - All regular bulbs changed to leds

1) Headlight Bulbs - Philips Ultinon - 6000k flash lights
2) Fog Lamps - h11 - led conversion kit-6000k
3) parking bulbs - T10 Led strobes - 6000k
4) Side mirror downlights - mega power LEDS
5) Rear Number plate - mega power LEDS
6) Rear Indicators- Amber LEDS
7) Rear Back Up lights- Bright white Leds.

Sound System Upgrades on stock HU

1) Vibe audio Slick 4 stereo AMP
2) Vibe Audio black air components on all four doors
3) Vibe Audio slick mono AMP
4) Vibe Audio pulse Subs - 2

Many VCDS Tweaks done.

Cheers people!!!

BeautyPlus_20170108160751_save.jpg

BeautyPlus_20170114180059_save.jpg

FB_IMG_1486363455360.jpg

IMG-20170130-WA0032.jpg

IMG-20170130-WA0033.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, 64VRS said:

Rizzzz, found a rear diffuser online. Good price, just wondered how difficult they are to fit?

Hey 64,

Usually all of these diffusers u get are bolt ons... just add few screws with some primer gum and ur sorted.

• Like 1

I presume it was more economic than importing a Right Hand Drive vRS from the UK or even Australia? If that is allowed?

The choice of 17 inch wheels for your roads is very sensible. 19 inch look terrific but I have yet to hear a convincing argument for their use on normal to bad roads. In fact many reviews, irrespective of make, seem to comment that their use in more expensive models often leads to worse ride and handling.

Do you think the 7 speed dry box will take the power from your chipped 1.8tsi ok? The increase in torque and power is probably quite marked.

That is probably the only concern I would have

Of course you are limited to what is available there but it would have been nice to use an AWD drive 1.8tsi Octavia as the donor vehicle (I think only available in mainland Europe) which has the stronger 6 speed wet DSG box fitted. If it was available in the UK then I think a few would have done similar to you

Edited by Gerrycan

3 hours ago, Gerrycan said:

I presume it was more economic than importing a Right Hand Drive vRS from the UK or even Australia? If that is allowed?

The choice of 17 inch wheels for your roads is very sensible. 19 inch look terrific but I have yet to hear a convincing argument for their use on normal to bad roads. In fact many reviews, irrespective of make, seem to comment that their use in more expensive models often leads to worse ride and handling.

Do you think the 7 speed dry box will take the power from your chipped 1.8tsi ok? The increase in torque and power is probably quite marked.

That is probably the only concern I would have

Of course you are limited to what is available there but it would have been nice to use an AWD drive 1.8tsi Octavia as the donor vehicle (I think only available in mainland Europe) which has the stronger 6 speed wet DSG box fitted. If it was available in the UK then I think a few would have done similar to you

yes was surely economical, as in india we are imposed of 200% of taxes and dutys apart from costs involved to ship from UK/europe.

moreover no warranty for imported cars by the dealerships out here.

took me a lot of thinking to go with 17inches for our roads, personally i feel anything more than 17 on this car would make it a lot bumpier and rough to drive unless u upgrade to coil over suspension with adjustable height. i had this option but still went ahead with 17 inches as it remains that comfortable daily use ride.

recently VAG has improvised the dq200 and is no more a dry gear box. mineral oil now being used and seems to be reliable, so far have no issues... but yes question still remains how reliable is it.... also with this gearbox cannot do any big time mods, as this needs either a remap or an upgrade. at present im putting all luxury sedans to shame..lol.

yes we do have very limited options to play around with here in india..... i wish i could get an AWD 1.8tsi, would had love to add those horses on them.

The 7 speed DSG box fitted in the upto 250 Nm engines has 'dry' clutch plate operation. The original oil in the gearbox has awful problems in hot climates which is where the updated mineral oil was specified and fixed the issues.

The higher rated 6 speed 'wet' clutch operation had no issues and is even stronger than the manual boxes but is less efficient and requires more expensive servicing.

There are a few 7 speed DSG owners on here who abuse it dreadfully and apparently have had no problems.

Stage 2 remap is a significant increase in power though.

Edited by Gerrycan

14 minutes ago, Gerrycan said:

The 7 speed DSG box fitted in the upto 250 Nm engines has 'dry' clutch plate operation. The original oil in the gearbox has awful problems in hot climates which is where the updated mineral oil was specified and fixed the issues.

The higher rated 6 speed 'wet' clutch operation had no issues and is even stronger than the manual boxes but is less efficient and requires more expensive servicing.

There are a few 7 speed DSG owners on here who abuse it dreadfully and apparently have had no problems.

Stage 2 remap is a significant increase in power though.

yes ur right, originally synthetic oil was used, but due to high sulphur contents it created issues in hot/humid climates and was changed to mineral oil.

stage 2 is surely givin good gains.. approx 60 bhp and 120nm of torque...... also looking for LSD to eliminate wheel spins. 

Nice project. How much hp and torque are you at now, with the fuel you run in India? The gear box can be adjusted on clamp force of the clutch plates and the gear program, which would give you a usable first gear and puts less strain on the gearbox in general.

Are you sure the DQ200 is a wet clutch gear box now, I didn't hear anything about that here in The Netherlands? It is recommended to stay under 350Nm or 400Nm with special adaptions. The engine can run 250 hp on the cranck with 102 fuel here in The Netherlands and Germany, but that will take special care.

it is possible to switch ypur bumpers for real VRS without much change, only the last part of the exhaust system needs adaptations.

I also made some changes to my 1.8TSI, apart from being full option, I added some aftermarket stuff. Also running 19" 8,5J rims with 235x35R19 with a 30 mm lowered suspension, but the roads are better over here. Really corners like a train though.

2 minutes ago, Blueshark said:

Nice project. How much hp and torque are you at now, with the fuel you run in India? The gear box can be adjusted on clamp force of the clutch plates and the gear program, which would give you a usable first gear and puts less strain on the gearbox in general.

Are you sure the DQ200 is a wet clutch gear box now, I didn't hear anything about that here in The Netherlands? It is recommended to stay under 350Nm or 400Nm with special adaptions. The engine can run 250 hp on the cranck with 102 fuel here in The Netherlands and Germany, but that will take special care.

it is possible to switch ypur bumpers for real VRS without much change, only the last part of the exhaust system needs adaptations.

I also made some changes to my 1.8TSI, apart from being full option, I added some aftermarket stuff. Also running 19" 8,5J rims with 235x35R19 with a 30 mm lowered suspension, but the roads are better over here. Really corners like a train though.

Thanks mate....with all the mods im at 286hp and 370nm torque...on 97 octane though. well noted about clamping force will see what i could do here.

yes in general VAG had terminated the use of dry gear box atleast for countries with extremely hot climate.

yes changing bumpers is not a big deal.

wow sounds interesting,specially the 19 inches... could we see a few pics?? 

28 minutes ago, Rizzzz said:

wow.....interiors are fab,rims look chic too, i so wanted the same race blue color, unfortunately was unavailable here.

any mods done for performance??

Thanks, no not yet, I got the car the 3rd of January, but got plans. Not more then Stage 1 though, for now. Bring it up to 230hp with 370 Nm, like the RS230. That will be enough, no room on the roads for more power, except in Germany on the Autobahn, but that also isn't what it used to be. A lot of traffic and roadworks and also more and more speed limiting. Can't get the power on the road as well without limited slip differential.

All other mods are done now though, including an after market sunglasses storage box, because with the panoramic sunroof, the original one is cancelled. Also a lot of VCDS mods.

Pity the color isn't available with you.

WP_20170201_15_06_32_Pro.jpg

WP_20170201_15_06_43_Pro.jpg

Edited by Blueshark

4 hours ago, Rizzzz said:

yes in general VAG had terminated the use of dry gear box atleast for countries with extremely hot climate.

The DQ200 is definitely still a 'dry' clutch gearbox.

All that was changed was the oil in the Mechatronic unit which was problematic in hot and humid climates.

The DQ250 clutch plates (high torque applications) sit in an oil bath, it is this oil which is changed every third (?) general service and is relatively expensive.

1 minute ago, Gerrycan said:

The DQ200 is definitely still a 'dry' clutch gearbox.

All that was changed was the oil in the Mechatronic unit which was problematic in hot and humid climates.

The DQ250 clutch plates (high torque applications) sit in an oil bath, it is this oil which is changed every third (?) general service and is relatively expensive.

ok...thanks for that bit of info.... now looking for some one who could adjust clamping force for me.

6 hours ago, Rizzzz said:

yes we do have very limited options to play around with here in india..... i wish i could get an AWD 1.8tsi, would had love to add those horses on them.

Having moved a few mountains to get one of those to the UK it is interesting to see what people are getting out of the Gen3 1.8 now it has been around a bit

5 hours ago, Blueshark said:

All other mods are done now though, including an after market sunglasses storage box, because with the panoramic sunroof, the original one is cancelled.

Nice find! Been looking for one of them Where did you find it?