Hello

tanneman

Hi, I'm new to Skoda but not to the VW family of products. Skoda is not one of the car manufacturers in good old RSA. My owner experience has been varied but having owned a fair few VW golfs, an Audi A3 it is the first foray into Skoda Ownership. Long story short but the A3 was getting too expensive to maintain. It has done 115k and the maintenance has been ongoing for the past 2 years with various bits that was on its way out being replaced. Last week the straw broke the camels back. The missus needed a car to commute due to her place of work changing so all in all an expensive month. She got a 63 plate Citigo 5dr and I have spotted a 63 plate Octavia mk3 VRS TDi DSG Estate with a good level of spec nearby. Both of the cars have really low mileage. Hopefully pick it up next weekend. The Audi has been sold within a few hours with the buyer picking it up next weekend.

The missus is taking time to adjust to driving a manual after the luxury of DSG for 8 years but I'm loving the basic driving experience of the Citigo. Cracking little car. Fitted 2 new front tyres as it was a mismatched pair and 1 was looking rather sorry for itself. It also impressed us with the fuel economy averaging 49 mpg over 360 miles of mixed driving. On par with the A3 but it has to be driven in a different way to achieve it.

I have been lurking on these pages for a while. A set of VW Up mudguards have been ordered and I'm looking at the bits for the Octavia from Czech or Poland including a towbar and Skoda electrics, foot well and boot rubber mats, mudguards. I thinking about the Skoda roof bars or a set of Thule. The towbar is for the motorcycle trailer and the roof bars for the polo canoe. Maybe a dash cam for both cars if it makes a difference to the insurance. I haven't bothered so far but with the standard of driving on the motorway I think I should invest in some.

I'll get some pics up soon.

Out with the old.

32695395761_e5b93c17b2_b.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, the Citigo gets good reviews and has surprised me how good it is for a 999cc 60PS engine. Will see how I get on with the VRS but I suspect that this will be driven by the missus more likely.

It has been confirmed I can pick the car up on Saturday. Got the receipt for the deposit and vehicle particulars so the spec sheet looks like this. Would have liked to have electric adjustable seats but nobody orders it.

VRS leather with gray stiching
N1A = Leather seat covering
7W1 = With extended safety system (Pre-Crash Basic)
PE4 = Rear side airbags
4X4 = Side air bag, front and rear with curtain air bag
PNE = Columbus sat nav with European maps and colour Maxi DOT computer
8ZH = Antenna for AM/FM reception, "diversity"
9S6 = Multi-function display/on-board computer"Colour"
EC6 = With DVD drive and two SD card slots
77G = Data storage device for Eu integrated
UI4 = Electric interface for external use, AUX-IN, USB
7UG = Navigation system - High
I8G = High radio (Gen1)
4E7 = Trunk lid power closing
PH8 = Panoramic electric sunroof
8S6 = Two reading lights front
7N0 = Without tray on roof liner
3FU = Big roof system
1S1 = Tool kit and jack
1G9 = Space-saving spare wheel for temporary use, radial tire (5-hole)
PW0 = Heated front seats
4A3 = Seat heater for front seats separately controlled

The Audi is gone. Sold to a gent from the North so it is going back to where it was registered, seriously. The VRS was collected yesterday. I'm happy with the car so far. It drives really good. I had the chance to wash the Citigo and by scrutineering the paint on both cars there is a lot of work for me to do. All in due time. First pic of the 2 together.

32612144970_1c7c5efcdc_k.jpg