Long term mpg resetting itself, and DCC not staying in sport mode upon re-start

Wonder if anyone else had these things happen. 

Firstly, the long term readout in the centre console screen (which details miles, mpg etc) went back to zero the other day.  The other screens ("short term/since start" and "since refuelling") are fine. This happened after the car sat idle for about 2 days.  Not sure if this is normal, or if i inadvertently reset something without noticing.  

Secondly, if I set the DCC to Sport, it goes into Sport mode and stays there.  There is an indicator on the main centre screen that says "Sport" and the gear indicator on the center dash readout shows S1, S2  etc...

Upon restarting after switch off, the "Sport " indicator is still on the centre screen,  but the gear indicator in the middle says D1, D2 etc.   If I put it back into Sport then it goes back to S as before.    Doesn't happen in any other modes, they stay as before upon startup.  

Anyone else had these issues?

Thanks in advance. .

Edited by Mickey43

59 minutes ago, Mickey43 said:

Wonder if anyone else had these things happen. 

Firstly, the long term readout in the centre console screen (which details miles, mpg etc) went back to zero the other day.  The other screens ("short term/since start" and "since refuelling") are fine. This happened after the car sat idle for about 2 days.  Not sure if this is normal, or if i inadvertently reset something without noticing.  

It rolls over to zero after 99h 99 minutes. - or if yolu scroll through driving data on the dash cluster, toggle through From start, since refuel, long term and press and hold the knurl wheel to reset it... or reset via the infotainment system

Edited by RickTT
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Scherpa said:

Are you talking about DCC or drive mode selector. I have not the DCC but when I select the sport mode DSG returns to normal after starting the car.

DCC is part of Driving Mode.   On L&K

7 minutes ago, RickTT said:

It rolls over to zero after 99h 99 minutes. - or if yolu scroll through driving data on the dash cluster, toggle through From start, since refuel, long term and press and hold the knurl wheel to reset it... or reset via the infotainment system

Ah that would explain it.  Thanks for the reply .

11 hours ago, facet edge said:

The first thing any proper man does is throw the manual away!

I assume it was said ‘tongue in cheek’, but cars do so much nowadays that if you do not read the manuals you will be missing on on all the little things that they can do.

4 hours ago, Gizmo68 said:

I assume it was said ‘tongue in cheek’, but cars do so much nowadays that if you do not read the manuals you will be missing on on all the little things that they can do.

Yeah, I was on my phone and didn't insert a smiley :biggrin: