Rear Seat Covers?

AllanDJ

I get my new Yeti next week but can't quite make up my mind which version of rear seat cover to get for the car, it will have brown leather upholstery being L & K spec. It's more to protect the seats against any stains or damage from carrying my sisters often rather muddy and wet Labradoodle, when I take him out for walks.

There are a stack of different versions on eBay, some fully waterproof, which isn't really needed, just looking for something which fits reasonably well and is easy to put in and take out as required. I asked at the dealers the other day what the Skoda version of this cost and it was over £100, it might allow each seat to be folded separately but that is a bit too expensive for an occasionally used dog seat cover!

Well I usually would have other stuff in the boot to be honest, which I would rather keep out of sight and he is none to fond of being put into the boot, nowhere near as comfortable as the back seat! With my Octavia he always lay safely on the back seat with a generic cover over the seat and plugged into the car seat belt holder via his harness and an extra safety clip in cord.

I just thought that maybe someone here would be able to recommend something decent for well under a £100!

I cannot remember the name of the covers but they were aimed at gamekeepers and shepherds

and similar country workers with dogs and associated wet and muddy clothing.

Clicking on your link brings:

This listing (291037297606 ) has been removed, or this item isn't available.

• Please check that you've entered the correct item number
    • Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago won't be available for viewing.

I have got one of the 'hammocks' to cover the back seats in mine. It has straps that go round the headrests on the rear and front seats, covers both the rear seat its back and the back of the front seat. There are velcro slits in it to pass a retaining strap through to fasten to the seat belt fittings, the other end I clip to the dog's harness and, being a 'hammock', if I have to brake suddenly, the dog is supported by the cover and does not risk injuring herself by falling off the seat.

The hammock that I have got also has a zip half way along at the front. This allows you to fold the cover down on one side so as to allow a back seat passenger to sit alongside the dog.

If you buy one of these in a pet shop, they are expensive (around £20) but they also sell them in The Range for about £10. I bought mine from Aldi for £4.59 (and a second one for my wife's CityGo). 

On 25/02/2017 at 19:52, dodger21 said:

There is a full set on offer at aldi tomorrow £8.99 which may be of interest to you.

Beware... some of Lidl &/or Aldi products are stated to be "water resistant" some are "waterproof", but the packaging on both brands invariably says they are not intended for continuous use.