Yeti hard sell phone call

K100RS

Phone rang this afternoon around 1.00pm and the speaker wanted to know if I was so and so, replied that I was and what did he want. He wanted to set up an appointment with a dealer to have the Yeti software updated for the engine management system. Checked his phone number which came up as 03451126607 which does not seem to appear anywhere on the internet?

Told him I was not happy to have the Yeti upgraded yet until I could get more information about engine problems that might arise. He was very persistent on the phone and kept pushing hard for me to allow him to make an appointment with a local dealer in the area. Eventually I told him I would contact my local dealer to have anything done on the car to cut off his hard sell. 

Has anybody else come across this very pushy character on the phone and was it a scam to get information and details about myself?

FlyingBrick

5 minutes ago, zuulan said:

Sounds very dodgy. I doubt the Yeti is having a recall at this stage in it's life and if it was, they would send you a letter.

Do you have a diesel? 

There profile suggests a CR110 so yes.

As for the number, it is Skoda/VAG as per this thread: 

Just now, langers2k said:

There profile suggests a CR110 so yes.

As for the number, it is Skoda/VAG as per this thread: 

Genuine then, needed to sort out the Emissions problem of the diesel engine.

8 minutes ago, zuulan said:

Sounds very dodgy. I doubt the Yeti is having a recall at this stage in it's life and if it was, they would send you a letter.

Do you have a diesel? 

It is not dodgy as such. It is a follow up to the letters that have been sent to owners of cars affected by the "dieselgate" situation. 

There are several threads about it on the Forum.

I've had two calls, both were trying to get me booked in but neither were over-pushy when I explained I wanted more information.  However both 'booked me for a call-back from the technical team', which has yet to happen.

Had his type of phone call about 10 days ago.Overall very useful and informative. At the moment the option to have the ECU wiped and rewritten is available indefinitely. So if I want to sell the car and the purchaser wants the fix done then fine - nothing lost - it can be done then!!  If fix is done now it means I lose my superb remap and risk getting a rough running 140 engine which may or may not reduce the life of the "exhaust" system. Not really a difficult decision.

• Like 1

Thanks chaps for the information about the phone call.

It was just the persistent way he kept on the phone for nearly 15 minutes about booking up an appointment and the number ringing my home every day for over two weeks that got my back up when there is an answer phone connected and left a message for me. Having had many cold calls recently one gets a little cheesed off while working in a workshop with greasy hands. Will leave the Miss's Yeti well alone for the time being as it runs sweetly at the moment. (yes TDI CR110 was a clue to diesel)

Flying Brick