UK Dealer Fitted Smart Link issue

Hi all,

I collected a new Octavis SE Sport model last Tuesday. I wanted Smartlink, but the was already manufactured. The sales guy said that they could fit it in the dealership.

When I collected it, the sales chap said there was a problem getting the Smartlink system to be accepted by the car's systems and that their technicians were working with people back in Germany to get it sorted out. I chased it on Friday and got this message back from the sales guy, " From what I have been told it is a Skoda UK issue and they are working to resolve it as soon as possible. There are a few with the same issue so as soon as we have one resolved we will be able to sort them all."

Has anybody else had this issue or know what the issue could be?

Thanks!

Others on here have had the license code installed to activate by dealers.

So unless it's a new problem then your dealer doesn't know how to do it...

I think that is the issue. They either don't have the key or don't know how to enter it to enable it. Seems a bit daft to me.

14887360179071325709645.jpg

Yep they obviously haven't done it before.

They need to read their online manuals to find out the procedure.

Hopefully James from RRG can advise the basic process.

• Like 1

Interesting. The sales chap gave me the impression that they had installed something; like a physical module. But I'm not sure he/they really know what they are talking about.

11 minutes ago, ExSEAT said:

I hope theyre not trying to install the smartgate instead.....

I haven't paid for Smartgate... I suspect they just don't know how to activate SmartLink.

Yeah I know you know the difference, but smartlink doesnt include any kind of module. My dealer activated my smartlink for me even though they werent aware it could be done before I told them. Hence the garage you are using seemingly dont know their @rsehole from their elbow and could be doing anything. 

Hope they can get it sorted, should be a 20 minute job for someone with instructions or someone competent.

• Like 1

:D

This dealer doesn't have the best reputation amongst a number of people I work...

At least I am more armed to have a debate with them. Thanks for the info.

Edited by WWorx
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rogerdyer said:

What are they charging for this, is it still £200.00?

RRP of £150 inc VAT.

Edit -> You can see the price in the final pre-FL brochure.

Edited by WWorx
  • Like 1