Have your lowered your VRS estate??

Contemplating lowering my VRS estate but wanted to know your experiences. I need to remember that this is my family car and at certain times it will be fully loaded with kids, camping gear, roof box and bike rack. Has anyone had theirs lowered? By how much? And have you had any problems when loaded up?? 

Pictures would be great!

Discuss :)

1 hour ago, Esseesse200 said:

Lowered with H&R and do pretty much everything you have said. Roofboxes, children, snowboard gear trips to car fest, trips to Austria and cannot fault the car one little bit 

IMG_4396.JPG

Looks great. That's good to hear, so no scraping or bottoming out? What drop do you have? And what size wheels?

Edited by Danhod

1 hour ago, Esseesse200 said:

Lowered with H&R and do pretty much everything you have said. Roofboxes, children, snowboard gear trips to car fest, trips to Austria and cannot fault the car one little bit 

IMG_4396.JPG

Looks great. That's good to hear, so no scraping or bottoming out? What drop do you have and what size wheels?

14 hours ago, Danhod said:

Looks great. That's good to hear, so no scraping or bottoming out? What drop do you have and what size wheels?

wheels are 19" with 12mm spacers all round and I do run original 18,s with winters on too 

• 8 months later...

Hi, I've tried searching the lowering threads here about running H&R springs In the long run, but found none.

so since this thread Is a little out of date we can assune you've run some miles on the H&R springs.

So has the ride worsen with time? Stock shocks taken any damage? Any plans what to do If the stock shocks break?

Trying to find information about the pros of having H&R springs compared to stock.

@Esseesse200 Looks great! Do you remember the product code of your H&R's as mine will be the same, is it 28833-2 ?

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Octavia_2.0_2014/p/car-parts/suspension/suspension-and-steering/lowering-spring/?981442291&1&d7ecf37a666efb9f7fd76be15b0e94cf6b4b2301&000559

Ebay seems a bit cheaper

Hi mate. Yep as far as I can remember ther were those. Just check the axle weights on them because that’s what the -2 -3 -1 etc means. They are for different axle weight. I’m sure it was those this. Go onto eBay.de and type H&R 28833-2 into search and there will be many there for not a lot of money.. or even amazon !!! Tuning shop was the name of the company in Germany I got mine from.. they are an eBay shop and really good. Any doubts just email Yvonne Menzebach at H&R in Germany with your make and model and she’ll send you a list of parts for that car 

On 3/19/2017 at 13:18, Esseesse200 said:

wheels are 19" with 12mm spacers all round and I do run original 18,s with winters on too 

what size tyre for the 18"? 40? 45?

On 19/03/2017 at 13:18, Esseesse200 said:

Which 12mm spacer seems did you go for? As I’m going to do the same when I put the 19’s on 

I went with H&R for those too. They lost as 24mm in total which is 12mm per axle. Is yours a facelift because they are already 10mm wider on the back than the earlier models. I’ll try Find the spacer part number

if I can, I know I still have the box in the garage.. They normally come as a kit of 2 spacers. with the longer bolts. If you are running 225 width tyres go for either 12 or 15mm at the back and 12 front. On the 19’s I run a 235 tyre.. on the 18’s with winters they are a 225  

11 minutes ago, A18kny said:

Which 12mm spacer seems did you go for? As I’m going to do the same when I put the 19’s on 

H&R 2455571 is the number for the 12mm spacers but don’t know if they come as a kit. They will defo have a diff nuMbe for the complete kit 

10 hours ago, Esseesse200 said:

H&R 2455571 is the number for the 12mm spacers but don’t know if they come as a kit. They will defo have a diff nuMbe for the complete kit 

I think i'll go with the 12mm when I do the springs, some kits on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H-R-12mm-Hubcentric-Wheel-Spacers-Extended-Wheel-Bolts-Audi-A3-8V-2012/142140287262?epid=0&hash=item211838a91e:g:9TkAAOSwOyJX9SXQ

I guess you'll also need longer locking bolts too.

Re the 28833-2 springs, be careful if you're buying from ebay, there a few sellers showing 4 springs in the picture where they only supply the front!