shaking by accelerating????

dino21

hello

i just remapped my car put new air filter and now it has like 170bhp.

its unreall fast i love it.just im little bit confused about little shaking whe i put higher gear and im trying to accelerate.but it happens when i put higher gear when i still can go with lower.

for example i was going 70km/h u put 4 was trying accelerate and for 2 second i felt shaking.im confused.i dont think thats its a big problem just tell my if you had something similar.?\thank you

ivan

hello

i just remapped my car put new air filter and now it has like 170bhp.

its unreall fast i love it.just im little bit confused about little shaking whe i put higher gear and im trying to accelerate.but it happens when i put higher gear when i still can go with lower.

for example i was going 70km/h u put 4 was trying accelerate and for 2 second i felt shaking.im confused.i dont think thats its a big problem just tell my if you had something similar.?\thank you

ivan

That will be your clutch slipping. High gear and lots of power puts the clutch under huge stress and sometimes it will just give way. You will need to feather the power in on occasions.

In my case, this symptom is turbo surge - The turbo is pushing too much boost and the fuel isn't going in to match it. It sounds like a high pitched Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch. Only solution for me is change up a gear, or simply slow down the acceleration so its only pushing around 0.5 bar. :)

i can say that the clutch slipping its definetly not i know how does that feel and i feel different style of vibrating.i think like my other friend told me that there is going to much of gas and the turbo dosend catch up with that,thats way its vibrating little bit,because i shifted gear at low rpm

what re-map is it? I would have thought that it would be like Jason's as he has a big turbo fitted. I would have though 170bhp shouldn't be a problem for the standard injectors/fuel pump.

Mines at 180bhp without this problem. Have you changed anything else with the remap? Are you sure it's the engine?

Try to analyse the problem scientifically.

First' date=' test the clutch, on a flat road.

1) Put it into 4th gear @ 25mph. Push the accelerator to the floor. Vibration?

2) Put it into 4th gear @ 50mph. Once again, floor it. Vibration?[/quote']

I will never listen to you again! I have just washed my bl**dy car in the cold and dark,because the War Office said I had to and now it's covered in **** again because I got carried away testing my clutch ! If it wasn't sha**ed before, it is now:rofl:

that shaking is because your motormounts cant keep up with the torque if u have 170bhp u must have over 400nm of torque???

mine do the same in every gear when accelerating hard from 2000-2500Rpms and its most recogniseable in higher gears.

if i accelerate from 1500 rpm and look at my boost-(meter??) i can se that the turboboost rises slowly at the same rate as the rpm`s but when it hits 2000 rpm it goes up from 1,0Bar to 1,6bar in an instant and then the shaking begins.... (and when looking at dyno measures this sis also where the torque peaks)

hope this explains

Hi

Another thought. Could be a resonance between driveshafts and engine mounts, causing the engine to shake about on its mounts. Manufacturers spend a lot of time avoiding this kind of problem, but when modding, it can become an issue. Particularly an issue with suspension mods if the driveshaft angles have changed.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...
that shaking is because your motormounts cant keep up with the torque if u have 170bhp u must have over 400nm of torque???

mine do the same in every gear when accelerating hard from 2000-2500Rpms and its most recogniseable in higher gears.

if i accelerate from 1500 rpm and look at my boost-(meter??) i can se that the turboboost rises slowly at the same rate as the rpm`s but when it hits 2000 rpm it goes up from 1' date='0Bar to 1,6bar in an instant and then the shaking begins.... (and when looking at dyno measures this sis also where the torque peaks)

hope this explains[/quote']

hi yes i explains a lot.

its excactly this,just im my car does this when im driving in the middle of 3rd gear and i put 4th and floor it i can feel it just for 3 sec.but the thing why is that is,i shifted to earle i have to go higher with the RMP and it wont do.

now im 205/45R16 and im going to change in cuople days for 215/40R17 do you think i will feel even more this vibration or it doesent have any affeckt on the wheels.the rolling radius is almost the same.

thanks for some thoughts

I have an AMD One Click and when I accelerate in 5th gear the steering wheel shakes until I let off. I put this down to the torque at low revs as if I really go for it and change up to fifth when I hit around 4000RPM in 4th then I don't get this, it's only noticeable if I try accelerating between 2k and 2.5kRPM.

The vibration is a full "beans" between 1900rpm and 2300rpm in mine, and its definitely dual mass flywheel vibration. I now don't boot it below 2500rpm, its better driving like that for so many reasons. :thumbup:

The vibration is a full "beans" between 1900rpm and 2300rpm in mine, and its definitely dual mass flywheel vibration. I now don't boot it below 2500rpm, its better driving like that for so many reasons. :thumbup:

aha ok,

and can you please explain me what is a dual mass flywheel?

i have no clue,

thankks

ivan

aha ok' date='

and can you please explain me what is a dual mass flywheel?

i have no clue,

thankks

ivan[/quote']

In this context the DMF absorbs the engines vibrations to protect the gearbox and drive train components. It works by having 2 masses that separate on springs with the torque. However, at the peak torque, the DMF is at its limit, and hence the vibration can be heard.

Atleast I think this is right anyway... :o