Octavia Mk3 FL orders placed

I will take a gamble and suggest the 'mini rear mudflaps' is bull. There are, and always have been, little plastic 'deflectors' for want of a better description, in FRONT of both the front and rear wheels...

Can't see any reason why yours won't fit your new car, here's a pic from a FL in a showroom:

20170511_102130.thumb.jpg.e10722026730822dd36afb2ae6b8ba50.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

I will take a gamble and suggest the 'mini rear mudflaps' is bull. There are, and always have been, little plastic 'deflectors' for want of a better description, in FRONT of both the front and rear wheels...

Can't see any reason why yours won't fit your new car, here's a pic from a FL in a showroom:

8 hours ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

So your saying your car had these plastic thingymajiggys on the rear then  pistonbroke? Yours look as if they mount lower than this anyway?Where did your mudflaps come from?

50 minutes ago, p5stokes said:

So your saying your car had these plastic thingymajiggys on the rear then  pistonbroke? Yours look as if they mount lower than this anyway?Where did your mudflaps come from?

I'm saying all Mk3 Octavias, FL or not, have the deflector thingys on the front and the rear. As said, they are located in front of the wheels, not behind. I'll try and find a photo of what I mean.

My vRS is not a face lift, but I fitted mudflaps from Superskoda, yes, no problems.

16 hours ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

Not saying its correct, but when we searched on the parts system it only came up with fronts for the octavia. Either way its down as "mud flaps" on the order form so I'll see what actually turns up. I hope I do get rears as well!

17 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Seriously, without a robbery you are not going to get a spare wheel, brand new tyre & tool kit for £100.

Thanks for the info on the mud flaps

i know, but I'd negotiated a lot off already so didn't want to push too hard to either get one included or to add on as an extra. I have some bits from my Fabia to sell which should cover the cost later.

4 hours ago, Gumby said:

Not saying its correct, but when we searched on the parts system it only came up with fronts for the octavia. Either way its down as "mud flaps" on the order form so I'll see what actually turns up. I hope I do get rears as well!

Skoda have never officially sold rear mudflaps for the Mk3 vRS, they've always maintained that they won't fit.

They do...

Screenshot_20170621-200044.thumb.png.300c19eb58dd528b0b8fa700456f829b.png

2 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

How much discount did you get Keith?

Well, according to my boss,, £5000 if ordered from factory, no discount if from stock...factory order it is then ! The figure I saw was around £18000! Got the options I wanted as well to boot.

• Like 1

Maybe due to the wider track? Even though the Scout has the plastic wheelarch extensions :wondering:

Sorry, it seems I've caused confusion here, I hadn't even noticed these new 'spats'(?) on the black vRS pictured above :blush:

Don't see that they will cause issues with fitting mudflaps though.

Edited by pist0nbr0ke
Stop causing confusion lol

I've got front and rear mud flaps fitted to my new FL octy vRS there no problem with fitting them but skoda say you can't fit them to a vRS but as you can see they do fit the pics of the rear mud flaps 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

9 hours ago, Rsrob said:

I've got front and rear mud flaps fitted to my new FL octy vRS there no problem with fitting them but skoda say you can't fit them to a vRS but as you can see they do fit the pics of the rear mud flaps 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Where did you get your mudflaps rsrob? Thanks....

10 minutes ago, p5stokes said:

Where did you get your mudflaps rsrob? Thanks....

The dealer fitted them for me 

You can get them for superskoda 

• Like 1

On mudflaps from superskoda (sorry for off topic), can they be fitted without removing the wheels?  I guess it is easier at the front, where the wheels can be put on full lock, but it could be harder at the rear.
Do the mudflaps come with bolts that fit into existing threaded holes in the wheel arches?

(I have never fitted mudflaps or bought from superskoda).

On 27/06/2017 at 08:01, Juniperz said:

On mudflaps from superskoda (sorry for off topic), can they be fitted without removing the wheels?  I guess it is easier at the front, where the wheels can be put on full lock, but it could be harder at the rear.
Do the mudflaps come with bolts that fit into existing threaded holes in the wheel arches?

(I have never fitted mudflaps or bought from superskoda).

Rears use existing screws that hold the wheelarch liner in place. Access is tight with the wheel on, so a ratchet with Torx bits may be best, or a flexi screwdriver. As I have wheel spacers, I ended up using  a Torx bit and turning it with an adjustable spanner :D

Fronts use existing, plus one extra fixing through the plastic wheelarch liner on the lower inside of the mudflap. This needs a 6/7mm hole drilled through, but it's only plastic so can be drilled at a slight angle with the wheels still on. I know some haven't bothered with these and survived...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

Rears use existing screws that hold the wheelarch liner in place. Access is tight with the wheel on, so a ratchet with Torx bits may be best, or a flexi screwdriver. As I have wheel spacers, I ended up using  a Torx bit and turning it with an adjustable spanner :D

Fronts use existing, plus one extra fixing through the plastic wheelarch liner on the lower inside of the mudflap. This needs a 6/7mm hole drilled through, but it's only plastic so can be drilled at a slight angle with the wheels still on. I know some haven't bothered with these and survived...

Thanks for the detailed answer pist0nbr0ke.  It looks as though I was asking the right questions :cool:

This is a company car order through a lease company - before I order the mud flaps, I might try it on with the supplying dealer, and see if they can throw them in for free, or at cost...

My FL octy arrives this Thursday! 

I only ordered it a few weeks ago, but they had one in stock which was exactly the right colour and spec, so the 15 week wait dropped to 3. :)

Its a meteor grey vrs Estate, with the only optional extra being a space saver wheel. It's a company car so didn't want to overdo it on the upgrades. 

I'm like a giddy kipper waiting for it to arrive. Never had a new car before! 

2 minutes ago, crazy88 said:

My FL octy arrives this Thursday! 

I only ordered it a few weeks ago, but they had one in stock which was exactly the right colour and spec, so the 15 week wait dropped to 3. :)

Its a meteor grey vrs Estate, with the only optional extra being a space saver wheel. It's a company car so didn't want to overdo it on the upgrades. 

I'm like a giddy kipper waiting for it to arrive. Never had a new car before! 

Snap. I'm also collecting on Thursday. 

12 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

Snap. I'm also collecting on Thursday. 

What colour/ spec you getting? 

Mine was due to be delivered on Wednesday, but I'm away with work until Thursday so had to postpone it a day. I was gutted, ha! 

Oh, mines also a tdi, and a manual. Forgot to state that in the first post.