Octavia Mk3 FL orders placed

1 minute ago, crazy88 said:

What colour/ spec you getting? 

Mine was due to be delivered on Wednesday, but I'm away with work until Thursday so had to postpone it a day. I was gutted, ha! 

Oh, mines also a tdi, and a manual. Forgot to state that in the first post. 

Moon White

TSI, manual, hatch

Winter Pack

Black Pack

Near identical spec to my pre-fl only my last one was candy white. Free metallic paint this time haha. 

• Like 1

Nice! I'll be posting pics of mine when it arrives. Even though they all look standard, it's always good to see pics of cars. 

I'm off to look up moon white, can't remember what it looks like compared to candy white. 

Had a call from the dealer that my VRS Wagon in Rallye Green has completed build - and waiting for a boat.  

Now, the looong wait - as it chugs to Australia.   Hoping to take delivery in late August (6-8 weeks) - will be one of the first in the country, so they said...

• Like 2

How is it then @SC03OTT

I got mine delivered yesterday and I'm loving it. Lights are growing on me still, and I prefer non facelift in that regard, but they don't offend me. 

I'm really liking android auto, it's so nice having my phone fully integrated (especially Google maps). Although, the in built Sat nav seems a big step up from the rns-e in my a4. 

The colour just makes me smile too. So glad I chose it. 

rps20170707_203505.jpg

Edited by crazy88
  • Like 2

Had an update from my dealer this afternoon, car is built and en route to the port. Looking good for getting it in time for me and t'wife to take the bikes down to RideLondon on the 29th. 

Cheers,

Jamie

@crazy88

Its currently in limp mode. Going back in on Thursday for repair. 

Other than that. Lovely. Infotainment screen is fantastic. Feels a bit more refined over my pre-facelift. Wider rear track looks better. Fills the arches now. Prefer the alcantara sections of the seats to the pre-facelift 'leather'. 

Mill post pictures and do some better feedback when it's sorted haha. 

7 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

@crazy88

Its currently in limp mode. Going back in on Thursday for repair.

Should have stuck the sales receipt to the dash, then you wouldn't have HAD to drive it like you'd just stole it.

Seriously, I hope you get it sorted soon

1 hour ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Should have stuck the sales receipt to the dash, then you wouldn't have HAD to drive it like you'd just stole it.

Seriously, I hope you get it sorted soon

Dealer seems confident they've identified the fault. Quick 5 min job replacing a sensor and I'll be off, for pickup part 2. (I do still have the car, probably won't be using it much mind.)

Hopefully that sorts it then mate! Mine has a very subtle rattle, can't quite determine the exact parameters that it occurs in yet, but I have a longer drive today so will try nail it down then. 

Once I do ill be contacting the dealer this week. 

On 05/06/2017 at 22:24, mo1965 said:

My experience with the Bridgestone Potenza, which were the original fitted tyres were that they were noisy and following replacement tyre advice on this forum, I replaced a pair with the Goodyear's after about 18 months of ownership and noticed a difference straight away and when I replaced the last pair, I definitely felt an overall improvement in the handling and noise reduction. I mainly drive in town and A roads and for me personally the overall feel of the car was sufficient justification to replace the tyres from the outset. The additional cost is £250, given the Goodyears are approx. £95 each I felt this was a reasonable price.

What type of Goodyear tyres made the difference?

L&K DSG Hatch

Colour: Not sure - asked for Rio Red but although it showed on the configurator it wasn't available - second choice is Velvet Red but not available until sometime in July - might end up with Maple Brown.

Options:  FF Tow Bar and Reversing Camera

Can't take delivery until 26th September as it's leased through Motability.

Edited by BlueclouduK

On 10/07/2017 at 21:07, David69Rapid said:

What type of Goodyear tyres made the difference?

They were the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2.  My decision to replace the current stock tyres were based on reviews from this forum and reviews from the internet. I am no professional driver, just your Mr Average but I definitely noticed an improvement in noise and general ride quality and this was sufficient to ask my dealer to fit them on my new car from the outset. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mo1965 said:

They were the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2.  My decision to replace the current stock tyres were based on reviews from this forum and reviews from the internet. I am no professional driver, just your Mr Average but I definitely noticed an improvement in noise and general ride quality and this was sufficient to ask my dealer to fit them on my new car from the outset. 

I put Michelin CrossClimate plus on my new Octavia and I reckon they are smoother and quieter as well.. Could be all in my mind.. Had them on my last car to 

P/Exing my 62 plate Superb Estate Diesel (fabulous car) for a 1.4 SEL Octavia Estate DSG

Pacific Blue

Heated seats

Electric seats

Spare wheel

Adaptive cruise control

Front and rear parking sensors

Service package and probably additional two year warranty

All sounds great, only downside is the 18 week lead time I have been quoted but not yet confirmed

Edited by vade

Ok, so got the car back repaired at 16:50 this evening. Excellent. 

Nope. By the 17:20 the fault had reappeared. Back into limp mode. On the phone immediately and it's going back up tomorrow. I'll also be on the phone to Skoda UK requesting a car of Octavia type size to get me on holiday on Sunday. 

Ordered today Race Blue Octavia 1,4TSi DSG Hatch with Spare Wheel, Adaptive Cruise Control, LED Rear Lights (High), Trailer Assist which adds a Rear View Camera and Front and Rear Parking Sensors.

Wanted the Adaptive Cruise Control with Speed Limiter but objected to having to pay for the Heated Steering Wheel and Heated Front Seats to achieve this - bloody stupid.

Mine has just arrived at the dealership a little early, going to wait 6 weeks and get it on the new plate.

vRS Hatch 184 DSG in Meteor Grey with Black Pack ☺️

6 minutes ago, damo74 said:

Mine has just arrived at the dealership a little early, going to wait 6 weeks and get it on the new plate.

vRS Hatch 184 DSG in Meteor Grey with Black Pack ☺️

Really! Wait 6 weeks just for a newer plate wtf! No way in world I could do that,it's like leaving xmas pressies wrapped under tree till mid Feb but allowed to open if you choose!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mark06 said:

Really! Wait 6 weeks just for a newer plate wtf! No way in world I could do that,it's like leaving xmas pressies wrapped under tree till mid Feb but allowed to open if you choose!

Ha, I need to as my old car goes back at the end of August 

I went to sign the finance paperwork on Friday and got to see ours in the car park.

Slightly worrying was the sight of three 'technicians' checking something in the dash area when I came to leave. They assured me nothing was wrong with our car and they were "compairing it with another car, we've not seen a lot of these."!

Going to pick it up next Friday.

2017-07-16_09.24.50.jpg

Edited by JamieA

1 hour ago, JamieA said:

Going to pick it up next Friday.

2017-07-16_09.24.50.jpg

Nice looking car but mildly surprised garages are still putting plates on with the EU stars on?

2 minutes ago, juan27 said:

Nice looking car but mildly surprised garages are still putting plates on with the EU stars on?

It was at my request, I'll be taking the car over to Germany & Belgium for a crimbo beer buying trip this year and will be camping in France next year.

Cheers,

Jamie

• Thanks 1

For the FL VRS owners -

Is the arm rest still wrapped in leather? I've seen that the standard VRS seats are now all fabric and no longer half leather (at least here in Ireland) and that makes me wonder do we have to settle for a fabric covered arm rest?

Now that I think about it - do the standard seats even have a leather back to them anymore?

I love my 2015 VRS but I'm feeling that itch..

Edited by foregonereality