Octavia Mk3 FL orders placed

5 hours ago, juan27 said:

You didn't spec anything for this? I certainly wasn't expecting my new motor to have this level of autonomy. 

No, my VRS FL is completely standard apart from the colour and a space saver wheel. 

12 minutes ago, JamieA said:

So did ours :-( Dealer wants £6.71 for the new one...

Cheers,
Jamie

Mine also came with the old style.  Having said that, the holder in my pre-fl spent it's entire three years with me in the boot as I didn't want it so I'm not fussed.  Plus, I use CarPlay so the phone is always in the tray ahead of the gear leaver.  I get it could be an irritation to others though. 

I've been sticking mine in the recess too, though thought the phone holder would be useful when a passenger is in the front too. I've gone and ordered one!

Cheers,

Jamie

38 minutes ago, JamieA said:

I've been sticking mine in the recess too, though thought the phone holder would be useful when a passenger is in the front too. I've gone and ordered one!

Cheers,

Jamie

You'd think that, until your passenger does what my wife seems to do a lot and reach down to the center console at the exact moment I'm trying to change gear.  Always makes for a more exciting overtake right enough.

• Haha 2

I ordered a an Ocatavia SE-L the weekend before last when the local dealer was having an event with a £500 fuel voucher and £2K towards PCP.

It wasn't a factory order but for a pre existing new unregistered car. I assumed it was already at one of the other UK dealers but today they tell me its ready for shipping from a port in the UK.

So do Skoda bang out a few cars with no orders just to have some stock in show rooms or will this be a car that someone else ordered from the factory and then cancelled the order?

The dealer said as far as they know it had no extras just what's specified in SE-L trim but I wonder how much they actually know about these cars?  Would be nice if it turned up with front parking sensors as well as the standard rear ones.

Anyone ever had a car turn up with some nice extras free ?

Edited by pcolbeck

1 hour ago, pcolbeck said:

I ordered a an Ocatavia SE-L the weekend before last when the local dealer was having an event with a £500 fuel voucher and £2K towards PCP.

It wasn't a factory order but for a pre existing new unregistered car. I assumed it was already at one of the other UK dealers but today they tell me its ready for shipping from a port in the UK.

So do Skoda bang out a few cars with no orders just to have some stock in show rooms or will this be a car that someone else ordered from the factory and then cancelled the order?

The dealer said as far as they know it had no extras just what's specified in SE-L trim but I wonder how much they actually know about these cars?  Would be nice if it turned up with front parking sensors as well as the standard rear ones.

Anyone ever had a car turn up with some nice extras free ?

Could be a cancelled order or one that's been ordered as a demo car. They should be able to tell you the exact spec as well, so if nothing additional has been mentioned then I wouldn't get to hopeful. 

When the wife wanted a CitiGo the local dealer pulled up a page on his Computer and showed us the cars available, Colour and with what extras were fitted. I think the cars are stored at the port of departure and you can put your name to one.  It's then shipped to the Uk and the whole process takes about 3 to 4 weeks from been put on a boat and delivered to the dealer. I think they are general Factory Stock not ordered by dealers/customers

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

12 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

When the wife wanted a CitiGo the local dealer pulled up a page on his Computer and showed us the cars available, Colour and with what extras were fitted. I think the cars are stored at the port of departure and you can put your name to one.  It's then shipped to the Uk and the whole process takes about 3 to 4 weeks from been put on a boat and delivered to the dealer. I think they are general Factory Stock not ordered by dealers/customers

Auric is right.

That's exactly what I did with my first Scout. Picked it off a screen and it was allocated to me. They know every option it's fitted with.

Had it within 4 weeks

• Like 1

Mine is a little different to above, it similar. It's a leased car. I was about to order and lease company said they had one the same colour (meteor grey) waiting at the port. Only difference was a space saver as an optional extra. I decided to go for it as the space saver is handy. 

I had the car 3 weeks later. 

Edited by crazy88

I ordered my Octavia the first week of May and will pick it up at the dealer in 2 weeks! In fact, it arrived at the dealer about 2 weeks ago, but the the since the rules for my company lease state that there need to be 18 months between delivery of my current car (Golf) and my next one, I need to wait just a little bit more. Anyway, here are the specs:

Estate TDI 150 DSG 4x4

Maple brown metallic

Style, including:

• Adaptive LED front & rear lights & Light Assistant
  • Adaptive cruise control
  • 17" Trius & 16" Ilias (winter)
  • Folding mirrors

Premium package, including:

• Amundsen infotainment
  • Front & Rear parking sensors
  • Canton sound system
  • Voice control
  • Variable ambient LED cabin lighting
  • Dark tainted windows behind B-pillar
  • Cloth/Leather seats

Tow & Webasto package, including

• Webasto heater
  • Powered tailgate
  • 230V in rear seating area
  • Protective cargo net

Drive mode selection

Heated steering wheel

Paddle shifters

Will update with pictures when I get it!

Got build week 37 today from Meaden's at Sway. Ordered 13th July so add three weeks to my date looks like new Race Blue 1.4TSi DSG Hatch SEL will be on the drive early October - fingers crossed.

• 1 month later...

I was told by the dealer that mine was in the UK on 16th August (possibly earlier) yet they told me yesterday that they still don't have it for them to do PDI etc.  Presumably it is in a compound in Grimsby or somewhere like that.  No clue as to when I will get it, though I had hoped for this Friday 1st September.  It's a company car, so I am not going to shout about it, but frustrating since I was due to change on 4th July.  (I ordered a bit late and the lease company wasted a month before the order got to the dealer...).

2 hours ago, Juniperz said:

I was told by the dealer that mine was in the UK on 16th August (possibly earlier) yet they told me yesterday that they still don't have it for them to do PDI etc.  Presumably it is in a compound in Grimsby or somewhere like that.  No clue as to when I will get it, though I had hoped for this Friday 1st September.  It's a company car, so I am not going to shout about it, but frustrating since I was due to change on 4th July.  (I ordered a bit late and the lease company wasted a month before the order got to the dealer...).

That's strange. @themanwithnoaim had his new motor within ten days of it being made.  

43 minutes ago, juan27 said:

That's strange. @themanwithnoaim had his new motor within ten days of it being made.  

Collected my BW32 on the 25/8, I honestly can't remember what BW relate to in dates but, I think they slammed the ship's door behind mine when they loaded it.

1 hour ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Collected my BW32 on the 25/8, I honestly can't remember what BW relate to in dates but, I think they slammed the ship's door behind mine when they loaded it.

I can understand the lease company stalling until the new reg mark change on 1st September, but if that's the case, I should be getting it on Friday!  (My main issue is not knowing how much fuel to put in tonight :) )

• Haha 1

Placed yesterday at Furrows Oswestry on Motability.

Ordered a:

vRS Estate TDI DSG in Meteor Grey with Red stitching.

Options:

Just the Black Pack at the moment.

My Motability change date is 26th November, I've been told they'll expect it the week beginning the 20th, so should be just in time! :)

On 30/08/2017 at 17:32, Hotwheels12 said:

Placed yesterday at Furrows Oswestry on Motability.

Ordered a:

vRS Estate TDI DSG in Meteor Grey with Red stitching.

Options:

Just the Black Pack at the moment.

My Motability change date is 26th November, I've been told they'll expect it the week beginning the 20th, so should be just in time! :)

I see you are based in Shrewsbury - I'm in Newtown so may see you about, give us a wave when you see another Meteorite :nod:

rsz_1publication6(1).jpg.54a75dbb64d7da4beb1992dfb36190e5.jpg

On 8/30/2017 at 12:24, Juniperz said:

I can understand the lease company stalling until the new reg mark change on 1st September, but if that's the case, I should be getting it on Friday!  (My main issue is not knowing how much fuel to put in tonight :) )

The new motor has arrived :cool:  2.0d SE L.

Have only driven round the block as it were, but it instantly feels like a better ride (thanks to DCC) and is much quieter than the old 2013 Mk3 2.0d Elegance.

And I judged emptying the old fuel tank to perfection - remaining range was 20 miles.

Octy3FL-1b.thumb.png.d5e5a46e80b4facc86ea8814f963549a.png

Octy3FL-2a.thumb.png.2c269a32403bb5a9d10e7e37716e1c71.png

I realise that it not going to be everyone's favourite colour, and it's not a vRS - but I am happy  :)

Edited by Juniperz
  • Like 4

Looks good! :)

My SE L estate shows up on Tuesday and have been eagerly looking out for FL cars on the roads with those same Trius 17" wheels. Haven't really seen  many TBH. I had been going back and forth on going for 18" wheels as an extra but stuck with the standard Trius ones.  They look good to me. :)

Edited by spinnaker
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, spinnaker said:

Looks good! :)

My SE L estate shows up on Tuesday and have been eagerly looking out for FL cars on the roads with those same Trius 17" wheels. Haven't really seen  many TBH. I had been going back and forth on going for 18" wheels as an extra but stuck with the standard Trius ones.  They look good to me. :)

I haven't seen many FL cars either.  Those LED DRLs are bright!  Looking forward to seeing what the LED headlights are like after dark

• Like 1

Just received a video update from the dealership.

I now have a chassis number. 

Our Octy is now on a ship heading for Port of Tyne.

Two things confuse me though.  Apparently I have to visit the dealership to inspect the car and sign the "affel". What is an "affel"? I then have to wait 4 days after signing before I can collect the car. Why?

TIA for any answers.