Octavia Mk3 FL orders placed

6 hours ago, foregonereality said:

For the FL VRS owners -

Is the arm rest still wrapped in leather? I've seen that the standard VRS seats are now all fabric and no longer half leather (at least here in Ireland) and that makes me wonder do we have to settle for a fabric covered arm rest?

Now that I think about it - do the standard seats even have a leather back to them anymore?

I love my 2015 VRS but I'm feeling that itch..

It is leather or a synthetic leather type. Arm rest slides backwards and forwards too which I like,only owned fl so not sure if this was a feature before

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark06 said:

Arm rest slides backwards and forwards too which I like,only owned fl so not sure if this was a feature before

It slides backwards and forwards on the pre-FL O3 too.

It is leather or a synthetic leather type. Arm rest slides backwards and forwards too which I like,only owned fl so not sure if this was a feature before

I had no idea it did this, and was most pleased on the drive to work this morning, so thank you! I was a bit frustrated at how far back it was as standard, but I was sure i'd checked to see if it would slide forward or not. Obviously I hadn't. 

• Like 1

I only found out by chance youngest was climbing through middle which he got shouted at for but not only did I discover this bit he also hit his head on roof which revealed a little storage compartment!

After months of indecision, I've finally ordered a FL VRS estate 230 TSi today. Got a bit carried away with the options list!

Quartz grey

Black pack

DCC

Heated front seats

Variable boot floor

Front and rear parking sensors

Reversing camera

Folding door mirrors

Space saver spare wheel

Simply Clever pack

Now hoping I've made the right choice...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mark06 said:

I only found out by chance youngest was climbing through middle which he got shouted at for but not only did I discover this bit he also hit his head on roof which revealed a little storage compartment!

Is that the one near the front light cluster? If so, it's intended for sun glasses. Most handy! 

46 minutes ago, crazy88 said:

Is that the one near the front light cluster? If so, it's intended for sun glasses. Most handy! 

Thats were the sunglasses now live:D

• Like 1

On 7/17/2017 at 10:08, SWBoy said:

It slides backwards and forwards on the pre-FL O3 too.

It even does on the O2 FL

Mine finally arrived, march 28th order - delivered 18th July - bog standard VRS diesel. Very impressed, much more brisk than i thought it would be.

Came with the old style phone holder though - boooo

IMG-20170718-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20170718-WA0003.jpg

Edited by Drunkeh
  • Like 1

At least yours came with 3 vrs pedals! Mine came with one standard rubber and 2 bare metal pedals. 

First they sent 2 vrs pedal covers, which I have had to fit myself, and now I'm waiting on the accelerator pedal :s

Lovely colour! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. 

• Like 1

Update: dealer sending the new phone holder in the post - good service!

Sc030TT - afraid i dont know if i have it, and loathed to test it in case i dont!, it certainly isnt an option in my maxi dot. I have the radar in the front grill - seems to do lane assist well.

Edited by Drunkeh

Picked ours up this afternoon! First impressions are that the car is a lot quieter that the oil burning Cee'd. I've not opened it up as yet, I did see mention of running the engine in in the manual. Amundsen unit is great, had a quick play with Android Auto which works well. Looking forward to more of a drive on Sunday :-)

Cheers,

Jamie

dUZz0zBMaPOnxH02uRpV8y0lJ6M-5KZ10rObVBRJ
h1sTEiVm_90_mdYKNPVhxtn7wjTWt_6Xu5wbCiwl

Ordered a 2.0 TSI 230PS Manual with a few options (winter pack, folding mirrors, rear airbags) last weekend (15th July) having been told 'around 12 weeks' wait for a factory order. You can imagine my irritation to be told today it's been set for build week 5 :-(

I was told this by the dealer on 17th July: "The estimated build week is wk 30 which is w.c 24.07 then shipment to the UK so expected delivery will be apprx early-Mid September"...

Just now, Juniperz said:

I was told this by the dealer on 17th July: "The estimated build week is wk 30 which is w.c 24.07 then shipment to the UK so expected delivery will be apprx early-Mid September"...

Thanks. Going by your signature, that's ~16 weeks, which seems reasonable to me. Out of curiosity, what build week were you originally quoted - and how does that compare to the current estimate of wk 30?

1 hour ago, vrsMunkee said:

Thanks. Going by your signature, that's ~16 weeks, which seems reasonable to me. Out of curiosity, what build week were you originally quoted - and how does that compare to the current estimate of wk 30?

This is a company car via a leasing company - on 22nd May, they said "...the current anticipated delivery date is 15-09-2017", which is exactly what a lease company email said yesterday, so it hasn't moved at all.  Other people seem to talk of Build Week moving about the place - which made me hope that mine might arrive earlier...

10 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

Those who have their FL vRS. Did it come with the radar for emergency braking and can you disable it within the maxi dot menu? 

Doesn't this only come with the front assist option? I do have the front assist option and you can turn it off and alter the distances at which it works at ie when it alerts you your too close,I think! Not played with it left it as it was. And yes you can do in maxi dot screen.

1 hour ago, Mark06 said:

Doesn't this only come with the front assist option? I do have the front assist option and you can turn it off and alter the distances at which it works at ie when it alerts you your too close,I think! Not played with it left it as it was. And yes you can do in maxi dot screen.

Well, looks like you're correct. I thought they all came with front assist(?) as standard now. Heck, my wife's Fabia has it. Oh well. 

7 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

Well, looks like you're correct. I thought they all came with front assist(?) as standard now. Heck, my wife's Fabia has it. Oh well. 

You would think the front assist standard lane assist option but I don't think any safety improvements should ever be an option they should be standard across the ranges. The can you afford to be safer just doesn't sit well with me.

• Like 1

On 21/07/2017 at 19:24, SC03OTT said:

Those who have their FL vRS. Did it come with the radar for emergency braking and can you disable it within the maxi dot menu? 

Mine has just got rear sensors and has emergency braking. The other day I was reversing into a spot I know well, and it obviously thought I was going too fast so slammed the brakes on. I didn't know the feature existed so it scared the poop out  of me mad my little lad. As for turning it off, I've had a good play around and not seen the option anyway. Mihht be a vcds thing to turn off? I'll have a look sometime. 

On 7/23/2017 at 10:45, crazy88 said:

Mine has just got rear sensors and has emergency braking. The other day I was reversing into a spot I know well, and it obviously thought I was going too fast so slammed the brakes on. I didn't know the feature existed so it scared the poop out  of me mad my little lad. As for turning it off, I've had a good play around and not seen the option anyway. Mihht be a vcds thing to turn off? I'll have a look sometime. 

You didn't spec anything for this? I certainly wasn't expecting my new motor to have this level of autonomy. 

On 7/22/2017 at 07:34, Mark06 said:

You would think the front assist standard lane assist option but I don't think any safety improvements should ever be an option they should be standard across the ranges. The can you afford to be safer just doesn't sit well with me.

Not all of these features are foolproof of course. Granted I've no personal experience but I've heard of the front assist reacting to cars in other lanes or doing weird things when trying to pull out of T junctions.

I agree that if safety features are cost neutral that only fitting them to "posher" models seems wrong  but the inevitable conclusion of fitting all the possible safety features to every car would be to put the base price up.  You have to ask if you really can't justify the cost as an option do you want to be forced to pay for it as standard?