Octavia Mk3 FL orders placed

I'd placed an order in MAY - was more of a pre-order before stock was shipped - and now have a confirmation from the dealer that it's arrived in Melbourne (Australia) - and allocated to a truck to the dealer.  

Should be able to pick it up next weekend (busy work week, can't get there - doh !!)     Four months since order - and then custom build, and ship to Australia...

15 hours ago, BlueclouduK said:

Just received a video update from the dealership.

I now have a chassis number. 

Our Octy is now on a ship heading for Port of Tyne.

Two things confuse me though.  Apparently I have to visit the dealership to inspect the car and sign the "affel". What is an "affel"? I then have to wait 4 days after signing before I can collect the car. Why?

TIA for any answers.

I can answer part of my own question.

It's actually called AFReL. Or, Automated First Registration and Licensing service .  I'm guessing it's all to do with transferring a cherished registration. 

I'm still none the wiser as to why I have to wait 4 days but at least I know what an "affel" is.

7 hours ago, BlueclouduK said:

It's actually called AFReL. Or, Automated First Registration and Licensing service .  I'm guessing it's all to do with transferring a cherished registration. 

Useful info.  Thanks!

8 hours ago, GrumpyWookie said:

I'd placed an order in MAY - was more of a pre-order before stock was shipped - and now have a confirmation from the dealer that it's arrived in Melbourne (Australia) - and allocated to a truck to the dealer.  

Should be able to pick it up next weekend (busy work week, can't get there - doh !!)     Four months since order - and then custom build, and ship to Australia...

That's good!  Maybe I should move to Oz :biggrin:.

• Haha 1

On 02/05/2017 at 17:04, CBMotorsport said:

It's been about 3 years since I last frequented Briskoda! Time flies. 

After a long wait for it to be built, I've spent the last 3 years in an Octy Estate VRS 2.0 TSI Manual in white. Loved the car, it's been trouble free, fast, fun and immensely useful. I had to choose something new, and looked at a number of different cars...just couldn't find anything that offered the same plus points as the VRS, so have gone for another one. My main issue with the TSI was fuel economy and towards the end I wasn't using it's performance, which was a waste. 

So, I've switched to the dark side and gone for a dirty diesel, which hopefully I'll be able to drive a bit more briskly without it costing me a fortune! On order is:

VRS TDI DSG Estate

Black Magic

Alcantara

Canton

Heated Seats

Tow Bar

Black Pack 

Eta: I forgot to mention, I'm not that bothered about the split lights. Yes, I prefer the old ones, but I don't think it's a big deal. It strikes me that the darker the car the less you notice the split between the lights. You also don't see it when you're driving! :-) 

Car arrived today, very pleased, will post up some pics when I've got a chance. :-) 

3 hours ago, Kephigo said:

Mine arrived at the dealer today. Got to wait a week before I can collect but it's looking good! B)IMAG1154.thumb.jpg.0fc18e4b5cd5faca04c222e43f660d0a.jpg

Not sure about the white detailing!!

:D

Oh I do amuse myself....

• Haha 1

As I type, City of Sunderland (Vehicle Transport Vessel) is navigating the Tyne with another batch of vehicles from Emden.

According to the most recent status, my Octy should be on board.

Hoping for a quick dispatch from Port of Tyne.

Thanks to an almighty SNAFU by the DVLA, I can't get my current car MoT'ed until an error on the V5C is corrected (incorrect chassis number).  The MoT is due on Monday (25th) but the process for a new V5C takes 4-5 weeks!

Come on stevedores, I know its POETS day, but help me out.

Well, update from my dealer this morning and our car now has a confirmed build date of the first week of October and they are hoping it will be with them by the end of the month......... we'll hope and see!

2 hours ago, SummersetBoy said:

Well, update from my dealer this morning and our car now has a confirmed build date of the first week of October and they are hoping it will be with them by the end of the month......... we'll hope and see!

When did you place your order?   Cheers! 

12 minutes ago, Muzza80 said:

When did you place your order?   Cheers! 

Order was placed on 24th August, so if it does arrive when they have said, it will be under 10 weeks from order.

I am however realistic and don't think I will be collecting it until the first week of November at the earliest.

So I'll chime in here with my order details.

Car ordered 11th September, VRS245 DSG Hatchback

Options:

• Moon white metallic
  • Grey interior stitching
  • Panoramic Electric Sunroof

• Dynamic chassis control (DCC)

• Adaptive cruise control

• Canton sound system

• Rear view parking camera

• Heated windscreen

• Temporary space saver spare wheel

• Umbrella (for electric seats / CANTON) 

• Heated washer nozzles in front

• Crew Protection Assistant

• Rear side airbags

Originally had ordered the towbar too but since removed it as we will be keeping my current 2011 VRS TDI which has one, I've no build week assigned yet  but dealer has advised somewhere towards the end of January!!?? 

Going to be a long wait!  :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SummersetBoy said:

Order was placed on 24th August, so if it does arrive when they have said, it will be under 10 weeks from order.

I am however realistic and don't think I will be collecting it until the first week of November at the earliest.

Wow, my dealer is telling me end of Janurary ish for my 245 order placed on the 11th September!! :o

4 minutes ago, SummersetBoy said:

Who did you have to sleep with to get it that quick?! :D

Ordered mine in July and only just got to build week now!

7 minutes ago, SummersetBoy said:

Our order went in a couple of days before the end of June.

We were quoted 12-14 weeks for delivery and this Saturday will mark the end of week 13.

That's why I'm being realistic guys!

Looking at just the travel times from factory to dealer that most are experiencing, that can take 4 weeks on its own can't it?

As so many have said, petrol engined orders seem to have rocketed in light of recent events so maybe that's helping diesel orders like ours?

I was expecting the 4x4 to add to our time TBH and ultimately didn't expect the car before the end of November based on info given by the dealer at the time of order and then info gathered from here.

I will believe it when I see it, but if it's true............... excited!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Muzza80 said:

Options:

• Moon white metallic
  • Grey interior stitching
  • Panoramic Electric Sunroof

• Dynamic chassis control (DCC)

• Adaptive cruise control

• Canton sound system

• Rear view parking camera

• Heated windscreen

• Temporary space saver spare wheel

• Heated washer nozzles in front

• Crew Protection Assistant

• Rear side airbags

Originally had ordered the towbar too but since removed it as we will be keeping my current 2011 VRS TDI which has one, I've no build week assigned yet  but dealer has advised somewhere towards the end of January!!?? 

Going to be a long wait!  :D

Fantastic spec! White with Pano looks awesome! 

On 14/09/2017 at 17:34, Kephigo said:

Mine arrived at the dealer today. Got to wait a week before I can collect but it's looking good! B)IMAG1154.thumb.jpg.0fc18e4b5cd5faca04c222e43f660d0a.jpg

Fabulous-looking motor. Get some pics up! You must have it by now! 

2 hours ago, Muzza80 said:

Options:

OK, I'll bite - what does that mean??  You need to keep your seats and stereo dry?

9 minutes ago, Muzza80 said:

Haha :p 

No idea, it's added automatically when you add the Canton sound system? 

Strange...  I did find a tiny umbrella in the door pocket, but I don't have leccy seats or canton.

1 hour ago, dunc69 said:

Fabulous-looking motor. Get some pics up! You must have it by now! 

Yeah, picked it up at the weekend. I've posted one or two in other threads but here it is. I'll take some better ones when I get the chance.

170925-BHEA63587-9250459_small.jpg.01644c948d9b6cd7238ec45e5063e8b7.jpg

170925-BHEA63587-9250458_small.jpg.d77fe38dcacce834dd8cc32a50bada6c.jpg

IMAG1164.thumb.jpg.04295ef2b7a0a7d9a5f6cf0196c7cda6.jpg

IMAG1163.thumb.jpg.8c5e25688cf711545d3c3b592c7fa38a.jpg

Meteor Grey is awesome - definitely picked the right colour :rock:

• Like 1