Octavia vRS Delivery Lead Times

9 hours ago, G8VRS said:

Gorgeous looking car, I'm not surprised your impressed. I picked mine up last week and haven't stopped smiling since. 

I've seen the picture mate, yours looks awesome!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JT71 said:

I've seen the picture mate, yours looks awesome!

Thanks mate, those 19" extreme alloys on yours look amazing, I am happy with my wheels but there is a slight niggle in the back of my mind saying I should have gone for these.  

On 6/7/2017 at 20:11, JT71 said:

It's arrived!!  Massively impressed!!

IMG_2695.JPG

IMG_2697.JPG

IMG_2701.JPG

Nice looking car, I'm still not convinced that I like face cut alloys though, gonna be tough call refinishing brand new wheels but, its that or run my black refinished 18" Gemini's on a 245 !!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Nice looking car, I'm still not convinced that I like face cut alloys though, gonna be tough call refinishing brand new wheels but, its that or run my black refinished 18" Gemini's on a 245 !!!

My feelings too, if only Skoda would fit / offer one of the less garish Superb 19" rims I wouldn't be looking for an alternative to a vRS.

DC

• Like 1

Anyways back on thread, I just got a non-confirmed (status10) BW31 or W/C 31/07/17 for my 245 which I ordered the 23/05/17.

Which probably means a 67 plate very likely for 1/9/17 or sods law whilst I'm on our annual family holiday in Devon.

• Like 1

On 07/06/2017 at 20:11, JT71 said:

It's arrived!!  Massively impressed!!

IMG_2695.JPG

IMG_2697.JPG

IMG_2701.JPG

Looks very good I came very close to ordering this colour but couldn't find one to see what it actually looked like in the flesh. Bet it looks even better in bright sunshine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark06 said:

Looks very good I came very close to ordering this colour but couldn't find one to see what it actually looked like in the flesh. Bet it looks even better in bright sunshine.

I took a punt on the colour Mark06, its very much a Q car colour. It looks amazing in the sunshine, I'm really pleased.  The build quality is also on another level as to how I remember in my Mk 2, the doors and boot shut with an Audi type clunk. Loving it so far........

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My week 18 order Race Blue vRS TSI Saloon is now showing as a week 38 build, the third week in September!  At this rate I'm gonna be lucky to get the car mid October :crying:

14 minutes ago, juan27 said:

Still haven't even had a BW for my 10th June 245 order. I fear it could be a Nov delivery at this rate.

That's pretty pants.  My build week isn't set so could change again, probably not in the direction I want either!!

Mine got bumped from 39 to 38 to 37 and now to 34. Dealer says it perhaps won't change much due to the factory break. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as hard as I can to get BW33. With BW34 the car will arrive exactly when I will be leaving for a holiday trip and I will have to take the old one for that. Keeping fingers crossed for your build weeks to move in the right direction as well! 

Hi Mati

At least yours seems to have been steadily reducing.  Mine started at week 32 then 37 then 35 then 36 to the latest 38.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you too.  I would be really disappointed if I had to take the old car also.

Cheers!

Peter.

3 hours ago, juan27 said:

Heard it's BW 33! Should get my car in September after all. :biggrin:

Glad for you Juan, slightly ****ed for me as I'm only a week before you on BW's but, nearly 3 weeks before you on order.

But I'll get over it, eventually !!!

Just a collection issue for me now, car should be ready for 1st September collection however, I'm on family holiday till 2nd, I have a day off on the 5th yet again however, my current car's PCP runs out 31st August & we go on holiday 26th of August.

Dealers say they'll loan me a car but, don't want to go on holiday in anything small although, parking space where we go is tight.

Think I might ask VWFS for a help with these logistics

4 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Glad for you Juan, slightly ****ed for me as I'm only a week before you on BW's but, nearly 3 weeks before you on order.

But I'll get over it, eventually !!!

Hasn't actually happened of course, but nice to have a BW.  I was starting to wonder if the dealer had ordered the car!

• Like 1

Ordered mine 23/6/17, been given a build week 34 and delivery 4/6weeks after. I guess it's all subject to change, fingers crossed it stays as it is, or moved forward!!! Cheers. 

• Like 1

I was told around 3 months for mine. 

I'd ordered a Jaguar XF R sport the other year and that was a 3 month wait too.

With the VRS I rang up as the delivery date was approaching, and the dealership said "oh it's in the holding compound, I can get it shipped to us if you like?"...