Interior Care and further protection - Vrs Seats

Hi all

What do you guys use on your Vrs seats to keep them clean? I have been using mine for work and now has dust etc to both leather and the fabric part which doesn't easily come off.

I'm assuming I would need to use 2 different types of cleaning products due to the different material?

Thanks in advance

Haven't found the need to touch the fabric yet, but can vouch for Autoglym Interior shampoo as mentioned above. Used that to clean the seats in my MK2 FL.

For the leather (fake?) part I use Autoglym leather cleaner and a damp cloth. Dry it afterwards and then apply some Autoglym Leather care balm.

As above, autoglym products are effective. Used them successfully for many years. 

2 hours ago, ahenners said:

Haven't found the need to touch the fabric yet, but can vouch for Autoglym Interior shampoo as mentioned above. Used that to clean the seats in my MK2 FL.

For the leather (fake?) part I use Autoglym leather cleaner and a damp cloth. Dry it afterwards and then apply some Autoglym Leather care balm.

Is it fake on the alacantra seats?

3 minutes ago, tigermad said:

Is it fake on the alacantra seats?

I'm not actually sure if it's fake or real, hence the ? If it's real it's not the best quality - my reference being BMW Dakota leather.

1 hour ago, Mallettsmallett said:

Cheap option. Baby wipes. They're just as good for a fraction of the price. 

I second this - keep a spare packet in the glove box and they work really well. Great when I actually forget a packet for the kids too!

It's not leather. So it's fine. 

I would disagree based on the information I gleaned when talking to someone from Dianese, who was involved in the manufacturing process. He used baby wipes on all his leather goods, occasionally using some thing like renapur to ensure that they're fed after cleaning. They do contain cleaning agents so not suitable for unprotected aniline products though.

I've been using them on my bike kit for years and it's not caused any damage.