Dynamic Chassis Control ?

• 4 months later...

Works well on facelift, standard VRS with 18" wheels. Sport is a little harsh along bumpy B roads, normal works fine for typical use and comfort good for the motorway slog :-)

I've just had DCC in a diesel Superb L&K on a 72 hour test drive & it was one of the few things I liked about the car.

Comfort was a bit too bouncy for me, normal was good for general driving & Sport did firm & stiffen the ride up but, as I said it diesel so, it wasn't really a through test.

IF..& that's a big IF..it is like the specs for the MK7 Golf then order the DCC option as...

Because you also get aluminium hub carriers & 312mm front brakes...instead of cast iron  hub carriers & 288mm front discs...

3 hours ago, fabdavrav said:

IF..& that's a big IF..it is like the specs for the MK7 Golf then order the DCC option as...

Because you also get aluminium hub carriers & 312mm front brakes...instead of cast iron  hub carriers & 288mm front discs...

Errr. I think that would be a downgrade for my vRS245

4 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Errr. I think that would be a downgrade for my vRS245

No mention was made to VRS on any other trim spec of car...just DCC..

DCC is available on SE spec upwards...so my statement stands...

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, fabdavrav said:

No mention was made to VRS on any other trim spec of car...just DCC..

DCC is available on SE spec upwards...so my statement stands...

4 of the repliees drive vRS's & 3 of them VRS230's, your statement stands but, does create confusion for half the posters

Edited by themanwithnoaim

43 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

4 of the repliees drive vRS's & 3 of them VRS230's, your statement stands but, does create confusion for half the posters

well then rename the thread as "is DCC for VRS worth it"....

otherwise your are asking the question of "is DCC worth it" & not specifying the trim level................& when applied to an SE spec car if built as per MK7 Golfs then yes DCC is worth it as you get alloy hub carriers & bigger front brakes..

maybe be more specific with your questions before trying to shot people down eh??

Have you already ordered your car or not? Why discussion about DCC again?

BTW, DCC is great, I would love to have such a gizmo in every future car I drive. I love it on my pre-FL RS 230.

On 8/14/2017 at 09:20, Robertino said:

Dynamic Chassis Control  = air suspension ?

54 minutes ago, nidza said:

Have you already ordered your car or not? Why discussion about DCC again?

BTW, DCC is great, I would love to have such a gizmo in every future car I drive. I love it on my pre-FL RS 230.

The original question was asked a long time ago before the OP ordered. 

The thread was resurrected by Robertino who apparently didn't get the joke about the rally car picture.

theman came back in with the benefit of his recent Superb with DCC experience which seems fair enough.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

I've just had DCC in a diesel Superb L&K on a 72 hour test drive & it was one of the few things I liked about the car.

Comfort was a bit too bouncy for me, normal was good for general driving & Sport did firm & stiffen the ride up but, as I said it diesel so, it wasn't really a through test.

I also drove Superb with a DCC before it was available to Octavia vRS.

The difference between settings may be the same but vRS has a lot stiffer suspension. A lot.

I tested my friends vRS230 and my DCC-vRS is maybe a bit harder when on sport mode but very smooth on comfort.

• Like 2