Adaptive Lights (AFL) question?

3 minutes ago, BAJM said:

there was a campaign mod carried out on the vehicle assist (SOS callout) function, campaign number is 91R2

What does that fix - obviously SOS related but what doesn't work without 91R2?

SOS Button (scratches head and wonders why I have not recognised this) is this on all models? 

I am going out to have a look around my headlining switches now :mmm:

I think the three buttons are on MY18 cars. SOS, info and a service button - they're very obvious and not something you could miss. Someone told me they are going to be legally necessary on all new cars soon. The SOS is a red button but the car can also automatically send your location in an accident to the emergency services. So, at least if your headlights aren't fixed they'll find you at the first corner you didn't see - quite reassuring really! Haha 

Are any services required for SOS, service button etc required? On my 3 series I had SOS and info call options (like telstar I'm US)  where I could callamd ask for directions to a nearby hotel, nearest Italian restaurant etc but all this required active contract with BMW connect, free for three years then a paid subscription... 

Repeating a post on the other page regarding this:

OK, just back from the dealership having had my car in for this issue. Beautifully, the headlights pointed at the ground when I started it from cold this morning at dusk so I was able to get the technician to plug it in before I switched it off. I'm not sure if it revealed an error but they have applied  the software update. Apparently their technician had to fill in an extra report for Skoda than he would normally have to do as this is an issue they are monitoring more closely than others.

I don't doubt that something has changed. As was mentioned previously, the dance of the headlights is now much more varied and reminiscent of the old system in my Superb II with more left/right movements than before. I'll try it again in the morning from cold but it's definitely different. Also, and I could be wrong, I think that they don't do a full reset pattern now on a single ignition press. I'm pretty sure they did before. Fingers crossed! 

If the lights were none adaptive this would never be an issue. But Xenons (non adaptive) still have to move up and down to avoid dazzle. AFS means they can move side to side to follow steering.

The problem it seems is calibration on startup.. Never had a problem over 6 years for AFS in the two VW group cars (Passat CC and A3 saloon). And not a problem for standard Xenons in the Mazda6.

Touch wood.... not had a problem in the Superb yet.