best spray on paint protection??

benbissett93

21 hours ago, biggy7 said:

I really like sonax brilliant shine Detailer , spray on and wipe off. 

id say it's as good as carpro reload 

You need to try CanCoat or WetCoat...it'll put BSD into perspective;)

cheers

Chris

• Like 2

Haven't used Gyeon but have heard some good info about it. I use a few spray on protections from Sonax BSD, EZ Chrome high gloss spray wax or Infinity rapid detailer, which I can recommend.

https://www.ezcarcare.co.uk/collections/detailing-sprays/products/chrome-high-gloss-spray-wax?variant=23784217287

https://www.infinitywax.com/infinity-wax-rapid-detailer.html

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-4-13 at 22:28, benbissett93 said:

as it says guys ... 

easier the better haha

When you say best is that in terms of gloss water behaviour or longevity

On 2017-4-15 at 22:11, BATVANVRS said:

Haven't used Gyeon but have heard some good info about it. I use a few spray on protections from Sonax BSD, EZ Chrome high gloss spray wax or Infinity rapid detailer, which I can recommend.

https://www.ezcarcare.co.uk/collections/detailing-sprays/products/chrome-high-gloss-spray-wax?variant=23784217287

https://www.infinitywax.com/infinity-wax-rapid-detailer.html

Currently using ezcarcare qd mainly for removing bird splats. Is the infinity wax suitable for this or more like bsd and chrome

I use the infinity rapid detailer as a quick spritz over when the car is more so on the dusty side I have used it as a drying aid too & I really like the product so much that I tend not too use it so often :D because I like its longevity, shine & ease of use, I don't know if it would be ok to remove bird splats to be honest, might be best to ask infinity wax? I would be interested to know too.

When I've had bird doo doo on my vehicle & I want a quick n effective way to shift it, as I'm not at home or have access to my pressure washer, APC or shampoo etc I tend to use grease lightning or Williams because it emulsifies & lifts the muck from the paintwork & is definitely good for removing bird poop or tree sap on the fly but I suppose any QD would probably be ok to do this as long as it has the same characteristics.

I might actually start to carry a diluted spray bottle of APC in the boot B) 

Check out forensic detailing vid on bird poo removing :thumbup:

Edited by BATVANVRS
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Wardy said:

Re Cancoat, how much are people paying? It's around £30 isn't it?

About that, maybe a tad cheaper but it's worth the money. A little goes a long way n the results are outstanding.

CYC 5% discount code DW05.

Edited by Chubbs

Cheers. I was just wondering with regard to Chris's earlier comment about it being better than BSD. At that price, it jolly well should be :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wardy said:

Cheers. I was just wondering with regard to Chris's earlier comment about it being better than BSD. At that price, it jolly well should be :D

Personally, I'd agree with Chris. It's all relative in terms of cost as you'd need to apply BSD more regularly than can coat. Swings n roundabouts!

• Like 1

After recently discovering the joy that is Gtechniq C2,  I will never bother waxing a car again. It has no business being so inexpensive yet having such excellent sheeting, beading and durability for something you can apply in no time at all. Amazing stuff and the best bit is you can use it everywhere; paint, glass, plastic, rubber.

To be honest the current spray on sealant protection are all of a muchness. There are Si02 based and have great beading, sheeting, ease of cleaning, ease of application and durability (about two to three months), etc... 

One's to look out for are Gtechniq C2v3, Gyeon Cure, CarPro Reload, etc... 

Remember with many spray sealants, less is more, too much product and you'll end up smearing or having to work more to buff off. 

If you want absolutely THE easiest then something like Optimum Opti Seal really cant be beaten - wipe a tiny amount evenly over the paint, glass or plastic and you're done! 2-3 months protection and pretty good water behaviour. It is also a brilliant glass cleaner used the same way on the inside or outsideof glass, and can be used as a drying aid like a QD. It is possibly as close to a 'do everything' LSP as there is.

If you want cheap but great protection, then Sonax PNS is superb - £12 a can and just wipe over a small area and immediately buff off. Insane water behaviour, 6 months protection and good 'self cleaning' that definitely reduces the amount of dirt collecting on panels. Gtechniq c2v3 and Sonax BSD sit somewhere in the middle and certainly dead easy to use.

I'm using Autosmart Cobalt+ which has just come out and so far i'm very impressed. I have used bouncers bead juice before which is also very good but i have found that if it dries in areas you haven't rinsed properly it is a nightmare to remove where as the cobalt+ isn't a problem.