Which 18" Wheels with Moon White Estate - pictures?

Having switched from Silver to Business Grey and now to Moon White I have decided that the car (SE Technology spec) needs 18" to look best.

However still unsure between which of the 18" options as both Silver Pegasus and Modus look good on the visualiser.

Can anyone help me make a final call with some pictures of the estate in ideally Moon White and either set of alloys.

I have to make a final decision before the order is locked so if anyone can help and inspire me as after three days looking at pictures :sadsmile: I am still unsure what colour and wheel combo for the SE Tech looks best.

Thank you.

My mates has an SE estate in Business Grey with 18" Pegasus, they look good but a bit similar to the 17" Stratos that come as standard on the SE. Its a personal preference thing, but I'd go for either the 18" Zenith (I've got these and really like them) or 18" Modus if you fancy something less common and which look sporty too. But like I say it's personal preference so go with your gut instinct. Truth is they're all nice wheels.

4 hours ago, Flatjack said:

Having switched from Silver to Business Grey and now to Moon White I have decided that the car (SE Technology spec) needs 18" to look best.

However still unsure between which of the 18" options as both Silver Pegasus and Modus look good on the visualiser.

Can anyone help me make a final call with some pictures of the estate in ideally Moon White and either set of alloys.

I have to make a final decision before the order is locked so if anyone can help and inspire me as after three days looking at pictures :sadsmile: I am still unsure what colour and wheel combo for the SE Tech looks best.

Thank you.

I have the Superb Hatch SE L EXEC in Candy White with Silver Pegasus Wheel, I know its not the Estate but it may help to give you an idea.

DSC_0993 (1).jpg

DSC_1001.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flatjack said:

Many thanks for the replies. Are the Pegasus wheels flat at the hub rather than the inverted design of the 17" 

Edited by AandOsDad
Can't seem to upload image. ....will try and figure this out

3 hours ago, Svend said:

As above. Love the Modus alloy wheels. It was a happy accident as we'd ordered the Pegasus wheels over the standard Zenith wheels as the Zenith wheels have wide spokes and if they get curbed (like they always will at some point) the wide scratched spoke would look horrendous. 

Piglet is Petrol Blue Metallic but you can see how great the Modus wheels are. 

IMG_20160423_134233_zpsmry6nrwq.jpg

IMG_20160423_134245_zpsp1tkmysh.jpg

1_zpsmsgl377l.jpg

That's one hell of a nice shine! I can see my own reflection from 100 miles away. Modus wheels look ace too lol 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Svend said:

As above. Love the Modus alloy wheels. It was a happy accident as we'd ordered the Pegasus wheels over the standard Zenith wheels as the Zenith wheels have wide spokes and if they get curbed (like they always will at some point) the wide scratched spoke would look horrendous. 

Piglet is Petrol Blue Metallic but you can see how great the Modus wheels are. 

IMG_20160423_134233_zpsmry6nrwq.jpg

IMG_20160423_134245_zpsp1tkmysh.jpg

1_zpsmsgl377l.jpg

Funny you ended up with the Modus wheels when you were after something else - same think happened to me - i ordered the 19" Sirius wheels and the car turned up with the 18" Modus. Dealer let me chose which to have - I could have drove around on the Modus for a couple of weeks then swapped to the Sirius when they arrived but I decided to stay with the Modus (plus £700 refund). I was ordering again, I would go for the Modus.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Speedman said:

Funny you ended up with the Modus wheels when you were after something else - same think happened to me - i ordered the 19" Sirius wheels and the car turned up with the 18" Modus. Dealer let me chose which to have - I could have drove around on the Modus for a couple of weeks then swapped to the Sirius when they arrived but I decided to stay with the Modus (plus £700 refund). I was ordering again, I would go for the Modus.

When we ordered the car we picked a lighter blue also. But when we went to pick Piglet up and saw the colour and the wheels we thought it looked better than the colour we chose and the wheels we chose. 

Everyone says how good she looks, they love the blue, etc... a very happy accident. 

• Like 1

I was following a Petrol Blue Superb Estate this afternoon near Nottingham. From certain angles it looked like a dark racing green. I didn't see what wheels it had, but the colour looked really good with the sun on it. 

10 hours ago, FloatingBrick said:

That's one hell of a nice shine! I can see my own reflection from 100 miles away. Modus wheels look ace too lol 

She does look fantastic in the sun. 

5_zpsvdpc2bz3.jpg

6_zpsmgkbdtlu.jpg

2_zpsxrgppmk0.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, FloatingBrick said:

I was following a Petrol Blue Superb Estate this afternoon near Nottingham. From certain angles it looked like a dark racing green. I didn't see what wheels it had, but the colour looked really good with the sun on it. 

There is a petrol blue (non-metallic) near me and the non-metallic looks too flat. The flake in the metallic is very small, but when the light hits it, the paint comes alive. 

19 minutes ago, FloatingBrick said:

Wow that is one amazing shine going on there. I've had to turn my phone brightness down and put my sunnies on lol B)

Lol. Funny bugger. 

She was only given a light polish on the day we picked her up and took her home for a full clean. Washed carefully and thoroughly once a month or two since and she looks great. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Loving the white estate. 

My only thing with the Pegasus wheels is the uni-directional appearance. 

On the left hand side they roll anti-clockwise with the direction of the wheel spoke/blades, but on the right hand side, they will be going clockwise, the reverse direction the spokes/blades are facing. 

The Pegasus has rotational symmetry while the Modus has rotational and reflectional symmetry.

Yes, I know the left hand side wheels will go clockwise when in reverse (counter to spoke/blade direction) but the car's primary roll will be going forwards.  

Ye', I know, weird. Lol. 

pokey little steel spare stays in the boot, hopefully

• Like 1