PM statement at Number 10

Laurie61

9 hours ago, camelspyyder said:

However, JC still couldn't pull off a win even with promises Santa would be proud of.

Maybe the beard needs to be more convincing.

!0 years ago JC was a left wing looney, 3 weeks ago he was Mr nice guy, last week he was a rock god 'getting down with the kids' next week he will be walking on water, is there no stopping this man??? 

Well, yes there is. The minute he tries to put all of his promises into action and finds out that actually his sums are wrong and there isn't enough money rolling in, because the unions are on strike and the economy is going down tubes. Somehow I think we've been here before.:thinking:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, moley said:

!0 years ago JC was a left wing looney, 3 weeks ago he was Mr nice guy, last week he was a rock god 'getting down with the kids' next week he will be walking on water, is there no stopping this man??? 

Well, yes there is. The minute he tries to put all of his promises into action and finds out that actually his sums are wrong and there isn't enough money rolling in, because the unions are on strike and the economy is going down tubes. Somehow I think we've been here before.:thinking:

After the complete and utter slap in the face to ALL public sector workers, including those in HM forces, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there WAS a General strike. And you know what? I'd be right there with them even though I'm not a member of any union.

As for sums being wrong; Theresa Maybot only a couple of weeks ago said 'there was no magic money tree' to a nurse on QT yet found £1 BILLION to get 10 votes.

So yes, there is a reserve of money.
As for 'left wing loony', WTAF do you think the tories are? I'll tell you. They're total ******s that one day praise our 'brave and heroic' police and firefighters and the next day pull the rug from under their feet and actually ****ing cheer the fact that they won the vote.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2017/may/16/what-would-labours-manifesto-cost-pledges-money-guide-details

Oh yeah. You wanna know the sole reason the economy's going down the tubes? BREXIT. FACT.
If you voted for it, it's about time you bloody well OWNED it. I didn't. The state of the economy aint my fault.

• Like 2

Oh.

I thought it was reckless Government spending following the sub-prime mortgage crisis that dropped the UK in the financial ****.

It seems like it wasn't just me that thought that - when offered the chance just now to vote in another profligate administration, the UK as a whole didn't go for it.

Edited by camelspyyder

1 hour ago, Lee01 said:

After the complete and utter slap in the face to ALL public sector workers, including those in HM forces, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there WAS a General strike. And you know what? I'd be right there with them even though I'm not a member of any union.

But as I wrote earlier, where does the money come from for this?

At a time when many in the private sector have had pay freezes, little or no rises and are trying to dodge redundancy, how can the average workers on minimum wage swallow this?

Sure it'd be nice, and yes it's not popular with the public to highlight the police/fire etc etc need to be paid more, reality is it'd cause uproar.

As for strikes, just look at the rail ones.  The public is growing tired of being held to ransom to get pay rises.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, gadgetman said:

As for strikes, just look at the rail ones.  The public is growing tired of being held to ransom to get pay rises.

And the public sector are getting tired of seeing the cost of living go up whilst their wages stagnate and, in real terms, fall.
Rail strikes are an inconvenience for some and the 'some' are mostly commuters on their way to jobs in ivory towers.

Edit: Actually, how many rail strikes have there been this year? I can think of less that ten.

I think up until now the public sector have been very tolerant but how long that tolerance can last is anybody's guess.

4 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

And the public sector are getting tired of seeing the cost of living go up whilst their wages stagnate and, in real terms, fall.
Rail strikes are an inconvenience for some and the 'some' are mostly commuters on their way to jobs in ivory towers.

Whilst the private sector too are tire of seeing the cost of living go up whilst their wages stagnate and, in real terms, fall.

As for your comments about commuters working in ivory towers, that's just nonsense.  Many do so due to being priced out of the cities on housing.  It's still cheaper to commute by rail than buy or rent.

Round here there are plenty of public sector workers commuting to London by train.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lee01 said:

As for sums being wrong; Theresa Maybot only a couple of weeks ago said 'there was no magic money tree' to a nurse on QT yet found £1 BILLION to get 10 votes.

So yes, there is a reserve of money.
As for 'left wing loony', WTAF do you think the tories are? I'll tell you. They're total ******s that one day praise our 'brave and heroic' police and firefighters and the next day pull the rug from under their feet and actually ****ing cheer the fact that they won the vote.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/20+17/may/16/what-would-labours-manifesto-cost-pledges-money-guide-details

Oh yeah. You wanna know the sole reason the economy's going down the tubes? BREXIT. FACT.
If you voted for it, it's about time you bloody well OWNED it. I didn't. The state of the economy aint my fault.

Public workers in health care, policing, fire & rescue and defence etc should be paid the going rate and I think most people would agree with that. to do this either taxes will have to increase or spending on other areas cut back. The Tories are going for the cutbacks while labour want to raise taxes, both methods cause problems. The problem I have with Corbyn's calculations is that he claims he can raise another £49bn in taxes, which is about a 9% increase on the current tax receipts and  only the top 5% of earners and big business are going to pay for this. Sorry, but that doesn't add up, the chances are he will bring in a much lower increase or as the Institute of fiscal studies pointed out the tax receipts could actually be less than they are now. Then five years down the line we're all paying for it. 

As for Brexit I voted remain, but would abide by the countries decision. Both May and Corbyn were in the remain camp, but both are now firmly in the leave camp. The economy's will get worse when everyone's on strike, the rich will ride it and the poor will suffer even more.

oh, and the union leaders will still be raking in their £150k+ salaries.

Edited by moley
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, moley said:

Public workers in health care, policing, fire & rescue and defence etc should be paid the going rate and I think most people would agree with that. to do this either taxes will have to increase or spending on other areas cut back. The Tories are going for the cutbacks while labour want to raise taxes, both methods cause problems. The problem I have with Corbyn's calculations is that he claims he can raise another £49bn in taxes, which is about a 9% increase on the current tax receipts and  only the top 5% of earners and big business are going to pay for this. Sorry, but that doesn't add up, the chances are he will bring in a much lower increase or as the Institute of fiscal studies pointed out the tax receipts could actually be less than they are now. Then five years down the line we're all paying for it. 

As for Brexit I voted remain, but would abide by the countries decision. Both May and Corbyn were in the remain camp, but both are now firmly in the leave camp. The economy's will get worse when everyone's on strike, the rich will ride it and the poor will suffer even more.

oh, and the union leaders will still be raking in their £150k+ salaries.

According to the IFS,  Labour would come up 10-15% short on their tax grab, so something would have to give. 

On the other hand the Conservatives proposed doing something which would require something to pay for it, assuming something means something they would be alright but it's hard to tell. 

• Like 1

To me, the canary in the coal mine is China.

The Anglo Saxon democracies have collapsing middle classes and the only prospect is continued Chinese growth at current rates.

Weak bargaining power in a deflating economy is not something to celebrate either way.

9 hours ago, Ryeman said:

To me, the canary in the coal mine is China.

The Anglo Saxon democracies have collapsing middle classes and the only prospect is continued Chinese growth at current rates.

Weak bargaining power in a deflating economy is not something to celebrate either way.

Strange metaphor?

China is going to die first?

BTW, There is only one Anglo-Saxon democracy.

The USA has a biggest self-identifying ethnicity of German, followed by Irish, and your lot are even more random than the yanks no?

Just now, camelspyyder said:

Strange metaphor?

China is going to die first?

BTW, There is only one Anglo-Saxon democracy.

The USA has a biggest self-identifying ethnicity of German, followed by Irish, and your lot are even more random than the yanks no?

If you prefer, call it the British disease.

Thousands march in that there London calling for the Goverment to disappear

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40468881

Nice way to spend a sunny Saturday afternoon I guess.

I'm amusing myself trying to spot Lee and Wry-man in the video...

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1