PM statement at Number 10

Laurie61

2 minutes ago, gadgetman said:

If it's the one I'm thinking of, thickos (BoJo supporters will approve of that term) voted tory.

Same demographic applied to Brexit voters.

12 minutes ago, gadgetman said:

Older voters are less likely to vote labour because they remember the 1970's.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

If it's the one I'm thinking of, thickos (BoJo supporters will approve of that term) voted tory.

Same demographic applied to Brexit voters.

Not thickos, people who realise Corbyn is too dangerous to have the keys to the finances. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gadgetman said:

Not thickos, people who realise Corbyn is too dangerous. 

Corrected that for you. ;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gadgetman said:

Not thickos, people who realise Corbyn is too dangerous to have the keys to the finances. 

as opposed to the tories who bailed out the banks with yours and mine money and have falsely adjusted the books by printing money?

That increases our borrowing and has reduced the UK's credit rating.

Labour's budget has been costed. The tories refuse to show how they will account for our money.

TM said 'austeritie's over'. How? Just like that! Dafuq.

Borrow and print.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lee01 said:

as opposed to the tories who bailed out the banks with yours and mine money and have falsely adjusted the books by printing money?

Oh dear, It was Gordon who bailed out the banks with our money.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wino said:

Am I evil for enjoying the suffering of the Tories right now? :biggrin:

Absolutely not. Just wish there was a better choice than the two main parties. We could really do with a more central party of new politicians that are not aligned to any of the old parties, more in line with what Emmanuel Macron is attempting 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, moley said:

Oh dear, It was Gordon who bailed out the banks with our money.

Apparently since 2010 the Conservatives have borrowed more money than Labour have in total ever, including when adjusted for inflation. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, CWARD said:

Absolutely not. Just wish there was a better choice than the two main parties. We could really do with a more central party of new politicians that are not aligned to any of the old parties, more in line with what Emmanuel Macron is attempting 

There was. He resigned today. It seems if you have a religious thought it's only acceptable if you're a vicars daughter. 

Look at the policies. Lib Dem and Labour are pretty centrist.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

There was. He resigned today. It seems if you have a religious thought it's only acceptable if you're a vicars daughter. 

Look at the policies. Lib Dem and Labour are pretty centrist.

When did nationalising industries become centrist. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CWARD said:

Partially true only this bit is a lie including when adjusted for inflation.

Actually your link says it is still higher when accounting for inflation. Its the size of the economy that makes a difference. 

Also its obvious that what happened before 2010 has some bearing on this, although some people on here seem to think otherwise. 

4 minutes ago, trundlenut said:

I got that from the election special episode of more or less from the BBC. As it's a podcast I can't easily link to the relevant bit, but they did have figures and sources. 

Don't worry I've just linked to an independent source for you. The ONS source says the same but not as simple to read. 

1 minute ago, trundlenut said:

Actually your link says it is still higher when accounting for inflation. Its the size of the economy that makes a difference. 

Also its obvious that what happened before 2010 has some bearing on this, although some people on here seem to think otherwise. 

It also includes the figures for the post war borrowing to rebuild the country, can't imagine that was cheap. 

49 minutes ago, trundlenut said:

Apparently since 2010 the Conservatives have borrowed more money than Labour have in total ever, including when adjusted for inflation. 

Technically true: combined Labour governments borrowed a little more than £500bn over their 33 years while the governments since 2010 have borrowed a bit more than £670bn.

but.....it turns out that all Labour governments borrowed about 70% of GDP while the governments since 2010 borrowed about 40% of GDP,

My point was that it was Labour under Gordon Brown who bailed out the banks to the tune of £500bn.

1 minute ago, CWARD said:

It also includes the figures for the post war borrowing to rebuild the country, can't imagine that was cheap. 

But as the link you provided says:

That’s true if you add up borrowing under Labour governments since 1945, whether or not you adjust for inflation. 

As a number it is just quite surprising.