Mk 2 or 3 ?

Hi people

Apologies if this is a dumb question but...

First used 9 February 2013 , Skoda Octavia 1.6 Tdi Cr Greenline II CR DPF,  emissions 107 g/km, 104 bhp

Question: is this a mk 2 or 3

Thanks

Hayden

03_large.jpeg

Picked up the car today. Car is excellent but what a bunch of monkeys up at Renault. Long story but they (Mechanic) said it did not matter if some water got into the oil, and the car would tolerate up to 1 pint mixed in with no problems. I offered to add 3/4 of a pint of water to the mechanics car. He said OK till I pulled out my water bottle and asked where his car was. They had jetted it so much that when i pulled the dipstick and oil filler there was water on it... Salesman said it was normal to have some water sitting on the engine- I pointed out that it had a bonnet so that was not likely. Bolero radio glass damaged so they gave me a refund of about £530 so I can get the kenwood unit with satnav. Refund includes VAT and fitting.

Any idea if that has usb for ipod? Not too bothered about satnav- it may be useful, but I love my music. Any suggestions?

Can I just change it over to any double head unit I like?

250 mile drive home , did less than 1/4 tank

Renault main dealer west London. We will be having many more words later. I am preparing list of complaints for Renault. The salesman looked at the filler cap with water and oil on it and started shaking it back into the engine. I grabbed his hand and pulled the cap away, but he dropped it down the engine bay. I told him to go get a pickup tool. He got a hairy mechanic who could not get his hand down the gap. They did not have a litter picking type tool so they got the telephone receptionist to retrieve it- she had skinny arms- unbelievable. A bunch of creepy smarms. After their comments, they got really ****ed off that I went over the car in GREAT detail. Luckily I was not getting a Renault prepared by them. Luckily the Octavia had been Skoda main dealer serviced 1 month back.

The accesory plug was not working when I went to leave. The spanners had just gone to lunch so the salesman suggested I go th Halfords as the car was under warranty. He did not grasp the concept that the car was his responsibility.

15 hours ago, Vin0bim said:

The accesory plug was not working when I went to leave. The spanners had just gone to lunch so the salesman suggested I go th Halfords as the car was under warranty. He did not grasp the concept that the car was his responsibility.

12v in console? Check fuses first, they do sound like a bunch of numpties.

The water on dipstick may have been some condensation, it can collect and under the filler cap too., but you seem to suspect water ingress so you had a better view.

If there is water in the oil you ought to change it out. It is easy enough but does require the undertray removed. So a trolley jack helps or std jack and support either way. Usually you can do an oil change with just one side slightly raised.

I thought the kenwood VAG type fitment with satnav was £1k?  They should have USB connectors I would of thought.  How bad is the glass - just live with it and pocket the £500? The bolero is not bad. I used to be hifi mad, I have separates at home, an old rotel amp etc, but I settle for reasonable sound in the car.  Especially with road noise and the rattles in the back of the estate!

Edit: This baby?

http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/car/oem/skoda/DNX516DABS/?view=details

Edited by TheClient

20 hours ago, Vin0bim said:

I can tell you all we would do (i work for Halfords autocentre's as an MOT tester) is check the fuse and see if it has power up the plug socket, if the fuse is fine but theres no power then we would send you to an auto electrician is we don't touch electrics. The things is they must of checked the vehicle over first before sale so small things like the power socket not working should of been repaired, the radio i can understand not being repaired or changed is the needs coding on VCDS unless changed like for like, and i can't see a renault dealer sourcing a bolero radio from skoda due to cost.

Had a feeling that Halfords would not be interested if there was a fault. I (Rightly) guessed it was only the fuse but I did not want to admit to them I had turned up with a few simple tools and some fuses. Unfortunately not the right size/ value for the ciggy holder. They were really incompetant.

They asked Skoda for a quote for a satnav instead of the Bolero unit so when I got home Skoda informed them the price was about £400 more. Renault freaked. I called the general manager to sort it all out. Skoda offered me a kenwood upgrade £1100 supply only. A refund for £920 is heading my way on Monday from Renault. Tuesday I will be heading to Halfords for a Kenwood rds/Fm(non satnav) unit that will take ipods. Told the Skoda guy I was unlikely to buy from him but he can have my business for servicing etc. Carrs at Indian Queens in Cornwall have my thanks and recommendation.

22 hours ago, ExSEAT said:

Did you buy this from a garage or the circus? Who tells people that a pint of water in the oil is absoluteley natch??

Even a circus tend to organise stuff...

7 hours ago, TheClient said:

The water on dipstick may have been some condensation, it can collect and under the filler cap too., but you seem to suspect water ingress so you had a better view.

If there is water in the oil you ought to change it out. It is easy enough but does require the undertray removed. So a trolley jack helps or std jack and support either way. Usually you can do an oil change with just one side slightly raised.

I thought the kenwood VAG type fitment with satnav was £1k?  They should have USB connectors I would of thought.  How bad is the glass - just live with it and pocket the £500? The bolero is not bad. I used to be hifi mad, I have separates at home, an old rotel amp etc, but I settle for reasonable sound in the car.  Especially with road noise and the rattles in the back of the estate!

As it turned out Bolero is £990.10 with fitting and VAT. The Skoda man offered me DNX516DAB with satnav and ipod control, supply only at £1058. Ther may be a problem with something call a "double Fakra connector" have to look that up. Halfords to supply and fit Kenwood dmx-7017 DAB at £449 + connectors + fitting may be a good choice. All I want is a decent radio, ipod interface and to keep the reversing thingy that comes up on screen.

7 hours ago, TheClient said:

May well have been condensation. checked a couple of time on the way home- no sign of mayonaise anywhere and the standing water evaporated quickly

29 minutes ago, Vin0bim said:

As it turned out Bolero is £990.10 with fitting and VAT. The Skoda man offered me DNX516DAB with satnav and ipod control, supply only at £1058. Ther may be a problem with something call a "double Fakra connector" have to look that up. Halfords to supply and fit Kenwood dmx-7017 DAB at £449 + connectors + fitting may be a good choice. All I want is a decent radio, ipod interface and to keep the reversing thingy that comes up on screen.

Don't be too surprised if the PDC dosen't show on the kenwood, thats why i said about the coding with VCDS, the radio will work but may not show information about climate control, reverse sensors (PDC) or heated screen etc, plus if you MFSW then this may not work either.

(MFSW= Multi Function Steering Wheel)

Edited by Ju1ian1001