Direct download links for ECE 2017/2018 maps

Someone on the forum was saying that the 3-year/6 maps updates limit has been removed by Skoda.

My car is 3 years old now so I will find out with the next update if this is true or not.

Normally the official updates are planned for May & November but last year they were delayed by a month or two.

In the end though, I guess the map data is identical to the VW ones, its just takes time to copy into the Skoda download area.

Edited by Gabbo

I can't see how they can time limit the downloads to only working on cars of under 3 years old, unless it is done at download time (ie. VIN check), so yes, once you c an find the actual map data then anyone should be able to download and extract it to their current Skoda Map SD card.

One of my work mates has recently purchased a new car with a MIB1, so I was hoping that if my VIN was no longer acceptable I could use his for a few years - might tell him first though :-)

11 hours ago, Gabbo said:

In the end though, I guess the map data is identical to the VW ones, its just takes time to copy into the Skoda download area.

As far as I know the Skoda/VW/Audi/Seat maps are the same on the new platform.

Last year I downloaded the VW Discover Media maps and compared it to the Skoda Amundsen maps using WinMerge.

They were 100% the same. The only difference was an additional checksum file (.md5) in the VW database.

1 hour ago, aki78 said:

As far as I know the Skoda/VW/Audi/Seat maps are the same on the new platform.

Last year I downloaded the VW Discover Media maps and compared it to the Skoda Amundsen maps using WinMerge.

They were 100% the same. The only difference was an additional checksum file (.md5) in the VW database.

I think they were also on previous generation, at least for the RNS510 anyway :)

Good work finding the link, gonna test it tomorrow for MIB1 Columbus. Cheers for sharing!

Just did this update on my MIB1 Amundsen :thumbup: nice 1 aki78 B) worked straightaway no probs & the headunit seem to boot up quicker this time round when I first inserted the SD card with the latest maps on it. (It didn't take ages to check the new map data) 2-3mins max.

Also once that was done, I then did the radio station logos B)

Hello everyone . I tried to update my row 2015 maps on my 2015 vrs and followed the exact same instructions posted by other forums members here in terms of sd card formatting capacity and class but still with no results. Any ideas ? The card contains 2 folders MIB1 and MIB2  and the textfile.

thanks in advance

Amir

P.S i attached the screen shoots

IMG_20170412_192654.jpg

IMG_20170412_192854.jpg

IMG_20170413_122500.jpg

That looks like a Columbus unit so you dont need to use a special SD-card.

You can use a USB key, hard-drive connected via USB or any SD-card to perform the update.

I would format the card the default way on your PC (without any special clusters sizes or changes - this is only for Amundsen), then copy the files onto the card & try again.

As you say, in the root folder of the card you should have a text file & 2 folders, MIB1 & MIB2.

20 hours ago, meero80 said:

Hello everyone . I tried to update my row 2015 maps on my 2015 vrs and followed the exact same instructions posted by other forums members here in terms of sd card formatting capacity and class but still with no results. Any ideas ? The card contains 2 folders MIB1 and MIB2  and the textfile.

thanks in advance

Amir

P.S i attached the screen shoots

IMG_20170412_192654.jpg

IMG_20170412_192854.jpg

IMG_20170413_122500.jpg

I doubt if you will be able to update RoW maps with ECE ones ......

Hi everyone and thank you all,

I went to the dealer here and obviously he has no clue what is happening or about that maps can be updated after checking his EKTA HE just showed me his EKTA screen shot that says updates through update.skoda.**** where you enter your VIN number and it will tell you if there any updates.  I told him its shows that my maps are expired and i have to renew and the link to renew shows me the dealer address in european countries only but no hope from the website or the dealer it seems.

Thank you andyvee for pointing that about the different regions of the maps that are here- europe and i have to look for Rest of the World, altough i have tried other posts here for ROW but none has functioned unfortunately. 

any other sources for ROW maps for 2017 guys??

thanks

amir

You need to speak to the Customer Services of your importer really, in the UK it is Skoda UK, where you are I don't know who it is unfortunately.

RoW maps haven't worked for most people, so ask the importer how you update them as the dealer hasn't a clue and see what they come back with.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Unfortunately the importer is the dealer in the U.A.E so speaking to both is the same , no results i hope soon some ROW will function or the website will allow me to extend my map expiry date... as when i enter my chassis number it says expired whereas VW cars in the same region from the same dealer can update their maps through the website which is open for all here but they have a different system called discover media and discover pro i think :(((((

Looking forward for ideas:)))

amir

14 minutes ago, meero80 said:

Hi All,

Unfortunately the importer is the dealer in the U.A.E so speaking to both is the same , no results i hope soon some ROW will function or the website will allow me to extend my map expiry date... as when i enter my chassis number it says expired whereas VW cars in the same region from the same dealer can update their maps through the website which is open for all here but they have a different system called discover media and discover pro i think :(((((

Looking forward for ideas:)))

amir

I think the discover media is exactly the same as the Amundsen - you could try putting on the maps for that if you can find them? As long as you make a copy of the existing files on your SD card then you can put it back to how it was before without losing anything.

I know when I looked at the maps data for my previous update it contained images and icons for Skoda, Seat and VW so seemed to be a single update file that could run on any of the systems.

1 hour ago, Stitch15 said:

Question about this download (for an MIB2 Amundsen): after downloading, do I need to unzip the file? Or just copy the zip to the sd card?

You need to unzip the data and copy it to the card.

On 5/8/2017 at 18:37, Stitch15 said:

Question about this download (for an MIB2 Amundsen): after downloading, do I need to unzip the file? Or just copy the zip to the sd card?

I'd be interested to hear if the download works on your MIB2 Amundsen - the original post said it was for MIB1, so I was holding off on downloading it.

Many thanks for both, the download link 

and with the cluster size hint. :thumbup: :clap:

Update  looks to be working fine.