Karoq Specs

SurreyJohn

Bummer that the panoramic sunroof is compulsory on the Edition trim.

Tried configuring an SE L to the same equipment as the Edition minus the sunroof and it's about £1500 more than the Edition...

NO petrol 4x4 auto with DSG, and WHY OH WHY have they specc'd an Edition with a sunroof as standard???    :angry:

Edited by Macdemon

1 hour ago, Macdemon said:

WHY OH WHY have they specc'd an Edition with a sunroof as standard???    :angry:

Because plenty of people like sunroofs.
It's not a new thing - higher spec Skodas have had them as standard for a long time.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dr Zoidberg said:

Because plenty of people like sunroofs.
It's not a new thing - higher spec Skodas have had them as standard for a long time.

But not everyone. My 18mth old Superb mk3 L&K doesn’t have one for instance. I was thinking of going for a top spec Karoq when the time comes to change but don’t see why I should have to pay £1500 quid to have an unwanted and unneeded piece of glass removed. Would have been better to make the £1200 safety pack standard. At least that doesn’t alter the look of the car and I’d much prefer having a host of safety gadgets to use/ignore than a piece of glass over my head. Each to his/her own I guess...

Ahh we’ll, another Superb then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rifleman said:

But not everyone. My 18mth old Superb mk3 L&K doesn’t have one for instance. I was thinking of going for a top spec Karoq when the time comes to change but don’t see why I should have to pay £1500 quid to have an unwanted and unneeded piece of glass removed. Would have been better to make the £1200 safety pack standard. At least that doesn’t alter the look of the car and I’d much prefer having a host of safety gadgets to use/ignore than a piece of glass over my head. Each to his/her own I guess...

Ahh we’ll, another Superb then.

Each to his own indeed! I for one couldn't live without a pano roof (keeps the inlaws quiet ;) ) and am somewhat annoyed that if I chose the Edition spec that I have to put up with that fingerprint magnet media system  :D 

Don't mention beige Alcantara either haha...

4 hours ago, Dr Zoidberg said:

Whereas I think that a standard sunroof is a great idea, and means that an Edition in my preferred spec isn’t much more than an SEL. 

I've already got the best sun roof in the world! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rifleman said:

But not everyone. My 18mth old Superb mk3 L&K doesn’t have one for instance. I was thinking of going for a top spec Karoq when the time comes to change but don’t see why I should have to pay £1500 quid to have an unwanted and unneeded piece of glass removed. Would have been better to make the £1200 safety pack standard. At least that doesn’t alter the look of the car and I’d much prefer having a host of safety gadgets to use/ignore than a piece of glass over my head.

So you are getting a sunroof for a saving of £1500 then? Seems like a good deal to me.

Yes. I get that not everyone would want to pay extra for a sunroof, and others here seem to have an intense dislike of them, but Skoda will have done their market research to work out what's more likely to get them the sales. 

For every step up in trim level, there's always going to be some extras that you really want and others that you are indifferent to, but the alternative is that you have a base spec and then make every single improvement an optional extra making every car a custom build.

10 minutes ago, philipashby said:

Each to his own indeed! I for one couldn't live without a pano roof (keeps the inlaws quiet ;) ) and am somewhat annoyed that if I chose the Edition spec that I have to put up with that fingerprint magnet media system  :D 

Don't mention beige Alcantara either haha...

If only they would give a decent choice of colours on the Super, quite like the look of the Emerald Green and Velvet Red but on screen is one thing, might look quite different on the forecourt...

Just now, Rifleman said:

If only they would give a decent choice of colours on the Super, quite like the look of the Emerald Green and Velvet Red but on screen is one thing, might look quite different on the forecourt...

I was told by a salesdrone (my brothers terminology) that people who are the target market for the Superb don't like bright colours... :wondering: Then the Dragon green Superb appeared! Doh!

9 minutes ago, philipashby said:

I was told by a salesdrone (my brothers terminology) that people who are the target market for the Superb don't like bright colours... :wondering: Then the Dragon green Superb appeared! Doh!

My Superb is Jungle Green with cream perforated leather upholstery. When I first got it I couldn't work out why the side windows were always covered in greasy marks until I came out of Sainsbury's one day and found a couple with their heads pressed against the windows drooling. Everyone who has ridden in it has admired the colour combination. Many have commented how much cleaner the cream leather looks over the black leather that they are used too, doesn't show the dust, crumbs and other detritus that sticks out like a sore thumb against black. Emerald Green or Velvet Red would look really good with cream leather interior in my opinion but I'm just a grumpy old pensioner so what do I know about style ;0)   

Edited by Rifleman

39 minutes ago, Legfitter said:

Where is the digital dashboard? One of the reasons I have put off ordering a Superb is that this would be on the Karoq. They seem to have just omitted it??

I noticed somebody had asked this on Skoda UK Facebook post. Their response was along the lines of “we can’t confirm yet but watch this space”. 

4 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

I noticed somebody had asked this on Skoda UK Facebook post. Their response was along the lines of “we can’t confirm yet but watch this space”. 

That may have been me!

I just looked on the skoda-auto.cz site and they say the digital instrument panel will be available Q1/2018...

• Like 1

Oh well...I'm ordering a shiny new Superb L&K tomorrow instead!! It's a shame it doesn't have it either. It would be about the only way to improve it as a car really. :-)

Good question, but it's not mentioned or shown clearly on any of the pictures in the UK brochure...I imagine deliberately! Disappointing as it has been showcased since March as being the first Skoda to get it! 

Adwww.skoda.co.uk/Karoq

The all new ŠKODA compact SUV. Sign up to be kept up to date.
Driver Assistance Systems · LED lights · SmartLink+ · ŠKODA Connect · Digital instrument panel
Ratings:Reliability 9/10 - Value 9/10 - Purchase experience 8.5/10 - Comfort 8.5/10

Yes...I have been saying, it is due to be there. They told us it would be there but trust me, if it was it would have been mentioned in the brochure, configurator of spec list...it also wouldn't state colour maxi-dot.

Just watched the clip above.

Oh dear me. What a lot of toys to go wrong, most of which i would never get around to using.

Or am I just being cynical?

Colin

Edited by eribaMotters