Faulty gearbox + ESC error + TPMS error

Hi guys,

I've been getting these 3 error messages everytime I start my car [Skoda Octavia III A7] from rest (mostly in the morning or in the evening after office).

'Faulty Gearbox', followed by 'ESC error', followed by 'Tyre pressure check'. After I turn the engine on and off a couple of times, the 'Faulty gearbox' and 'ESC error' sign disappear, but the tyre pressure light stays on for a while; and then it gets switched off after I drive for 4-5 minutes. Initially I thought it was a software glitch, but now it has been happening regularly. 

Has anyone else come across this? Plz suggest.

I would suggest an electrical problem seems likely which is affecting the communication between the ABS and Transmission.

If you can read out the error codes with a OBD scanner it might help narrow down the root cause.

If it is still in warrenty, the quickest solution would be to get the dealer to investigate as there should be error codes already stored which they can investigate.

21 hours ago, Gabbo said:

I would suggest an electrical problem seems likely which is affecting the communication between the ABS and Transmission.

If you can read out the error codes with a OBD scanner it might help narrow down the root cause.

If it is still in warrenty, the quickest solution would be to get the dealer to investigate as there should be error codes already stored which they can investigate.

Thanks Gabbo. It's still under warranty so I'll get it checked by the dealer. Although since the signs appear randomly, I'm afraid that when I reach the workshop the error signs would've disappeared and the dealer would not see any issues with the car :wondering:

3 hours ago, puneetsewra said:

Thanks Gabbo. It's still under warranty so I'll get it checked by the dealer. Although since the signs appear randomly, I'm afraid that when I reach the workshop the error signs would've disappeared and the dealer would not see any issues with the car :wondering:

As above, there should be error codes stored in the Gearbox Controller & ABS module which the garage should be able to investigate.

Perhaps its not so easy for them to find the problem if it doesn't occur all of the time but the fault codes should give them a good place to start & maybe are already known so could help a quick fix.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Well, it was my turn to hit the Faulty Gearbox Error&CO. It had nothing to do, at least in my case, with the DSG. The problem was the motor relay. Could I ever imagine that? No, noo way, regarding I was at the official dealer and had it tested, and they told me if it.s not the cables then is the motor computer, for sure. So, if you have the same problem, invest about 8€ and buy that ***** - 645(4H0951253A). 

20190826_203009.jpg

• 1 year later...

Thanks for that post RaduZ

I have just been affected by this error in my Octavia 111.

The transmission lets go, also ESC, then TPMS then stopstart. 

After stopping and restarting its ok again for a while. 

After recording incidences the weird thing is that it only happens at 11:00 in the moning for 30 mins.

If I avoid driving in the time window there is no problem.

So I will find out if it is the motor relay as its in the dealer tomorrow.

I’ve seen a thing about a number of warnings flashing on startup including TPMS, hill hold, parkpilot etc being linked to either a faulty or dirty ABS sensor (iirc). 
I saw it myself first-hand after a particularly sedentary, salty drive not too long ago. 
After the drive home, no issues to be seen. Also no issues during the drive. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/03/2021 at 15:34, PeterGAH said:

Thanks for that post RaduZ

I have just been affected by this error in my Octavia 111.

The transmission lets go, also ESC, then TPMS then stopstart. 

After stopping and restarting its ok again for a while. 

After recording incidences the weird thing is that it only happens at 11:00 in the moning for 30 mins.

If I avoid driving in the time window there is no problem.

So I will find out if it is the motor relay as its in the dealer tomorrow.

Hi PeterGAH,

What was the outcome from the dealer visit?

Cheers,

Nick

• 1 month later...