***NOW SOLD*** Genuine Ross-Tech VCDS, HEX+CAN, Dual-K & CAN <-> USB, Rev.B cable. Unlimited VIN’s

fabdavrav

Genuine Ross-Tech VCDS, HEX+CAN, Dual-K & CAN <-> USB, Rev.B cable, Unlimited VIN’s

I purchased this from the UK supplier Gendan, in February 2013. The cable has been registered with Ross-Tech & I am on their forums under a different username. I have blanked out the serial numbers in the pictures.

It has been used, but as it is an expensive product I have looked after it, & have never trapped it in the car doors! I prefer to lower a window & pass the cable through that way, when doing loads of procedures with the laptop on the workbench.

Reason for sale:- I have decided to purchase the new V2 cable.

The only difference between this & a V2 is that the V2 is more future proof, & works quicker on new model (2016yr onward) very heavily optioned VAG cars like Audi A4, Q7 ("old cable" has slight problems with these central convenience modules due to the high amount of sub/slave modules installed, but still works fine on the engine/ABS/airbags/etc. on these cars). Also the V2 does not work on the Caddy van, this “older” cable does!

This cable will continue to work with all current/future Ross-Tech software versions (as long as they support it), & has been working on my MK7 Golf with the latest  17.3 version software no problems!

You will NOT get Ross-Tech "Support" as only the original purchaser gets this, you can pay Ross-Tech $99 via their website for this.

"Support" will allow the person to post in the "Support" section of their forum & ask/post questions. Not a huge concern unless doing early work on a new car type!

Without "Support" you will still be able to search & read all posts/threads in this same forum section, & your problem will most likely have been encountered.

These cables last sold on Gendan's website for £369. The new V2 with Unlimited VIN is currently £450 & the 3 VIN limit version is £225.

Two of these cables sold this year here on Briskoda for circa £230, one in Jan & the other in Feb.

Asking for £225. New lower price of £190

Cash or PayPal.

Buyer collects, or insured & tracked P&P for £8 (UK as defined by Post Office) Eire & other addresses at extra cost.

VCDS-cable-no1.jpg

VCDS-cable-no2.jpg

VCDS-cable-no3.jpg

Edited by fabdavrav
Lower price

The prices did get silly on Gendan, I think ilexa last sold the HEX-USB+CAN for £289.

As this cable has been registered, the buyer should also factor in an extra $99 if they want support from rosstech as per this page.

Just to add more information about compatibility from rosstech:

This interface works with all diagnostic-capable VW, Audi, Seat, and Skoda models from 1990 through 2015.

It does NOT fully support the following vehicles:

- 2016+ Audi Q7 (Rest-of-World) Chassis 4M (2017+ North American Region chassis F7)
- 2016+ Audi A4 B9 (Rest-of-World) chassis 8W (2017+ North American Region chassis F4).

Great product and very useful for both diagnostics and retrofits, good luck with your sale :)

19 minutes ago, langers2k said:

The prices did get silly on Gendan, I think ilexa last sold the HEX-USB+CAN for £289.

As this cable has been registered, the buyer should also factor in an extra $99 if they want support from rosstech as per this page.

Just to add more information about compatibility from rosstech:

Great product and very useful for both diagnostics and retrofits, good luck with your sale :)

I quoted the Gendan site as this cable was purchased from them. they increased their prices as they sold more so had to re-stock when the pound/dollar exchange rate was bad. The other company still had stock on shelf so sold them cheaper.

"Support" will allow the person to post in the "Support" section of their forum & ask/post questions. Not a huge concern as unless doing early work on a new car type!

Without "Support" you will still be able to search & read all posts/threads in this same forum section, & your problem will most likely have been encountered.

Two of these cables sold this year here on Briskoda for circa £230, one in Jan & the other in Feb.

I forgot to add the 2016+ yr to the Q7 line.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Are you on the Facebook VCDS Users UK?

@ £200 posted this will sell straight away as members are always looking for unlimited VIN interfaces.

Not on facebook now...., & £198 posted to UK mainland as per ad...

• Gizmo locked this topic