Phillips MK3 Octavia VRS OEM+

Phillips

• 3 weeks later...

Another tiny addition. Does it class as worlds “best” pointless mod? Probably :D

374E55D4-8C3D-498C-91A1-DD3292A2A898.thumb.jpeg.f30804779bf444f04bdecc91bac172fb.jpeg

F5EF4DEB-B08A-41B5-97DF-6D2E9DD715B4.thumb.jpeg.9fdd88ff8f460efb99b9f947b6d11669.jpeg

Edited by Phillips
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Phillips said:

Another tiny addition. Does it class as worlds “best” pointless mod? Probably :D

374E55D4-8C3D-498C-91A1-DD3292A2A898.thumb.jpeg.f30804779bf444f04bdecc91bac172fb.jpeg

F5EF4DEB-B08A-41B5-97DF-6D2E9DD715B4.thumb.jpeg.9fdd88ff8f460efb99b9f947b6d11669.jpeg

Quite like them, nice and subtle.

Are they chrome or black chrome?

Any links ?

Edited by Jason11

5 minutes ago, Jason11 said:

Quite like them, nice and subtle.

Are they chrome or black chrome?

Any links ?

They're chrome black, not the best quality but not so bad that I wouldn’t fit them.

Got them on the WISH app. They were ~£7

2 minutes ago, Phillips said:

They're chrome black, not the best quality but not so bad that I wouldn’t fit them.

Got them on the WISH app. They were ~£7

Haha

They don't look that bad from the photos, just the general quality of the items then?

1 minute ago, Jason11 said:

Haha

They don't look that bad from the photos, just the general quality of the items then?

The front face is fine, the sides aren’t finished to the same standard. But you can’t complain for the price and they look nice :)

3 hours ago, T00mm said:

Don’t suppose you’d be interested in my coilovers I have for sale, would suit this nicely.

Sent you a PM

• 5 weeks later...

Nothing exciting happening, however Darkside Developments have released a Silicone TIP for the TDI finally so that's on its way! :biggrin:

996406415_IMG_2717(Edited).thumb.JPG.c1384bb2d14a8af921d5a5561bdae82c.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Kahunajb said:

Is this with elbow or just the pipe? Any change in noise?

Its just the pipe, it’s a direct swap took less than 5 minutes to change. Made some more induction noise but not much as I have already modified the intake a fair bit which completely changed the sound.

16 hours ago, Gti Jazz Blue said:

Quick question - how are the stick-on DSG levers - any issues?

I've looked at the VWRacing ones but there are a lot more than the stick-on extenders that you have.

Thanks

They are awesome for the price, I’ve put the link up somewhere on this thread. They don’t look out of place and you wouldn’t know they were stuck on. 

Ive not had a single issue with them and I give them a hard time if I’m driving in manual.

I looked at the racingline replacements before I bought these but I wasn’t prepared to spend that amount. 

Heres another picture, they go well with the interior. 

7BD9FE8A-6E58-4827-A8A3-19FDB38C6DA5.thumb.jpeg.ff06efc43fcaeffd5df42df761ba2a07.jpeg

Edited by Phillips
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Phillips said:

Its just the pipe, it’s a direct swap took less than 5 minutes to change. Made some more induction noise but not much as I have already modified the intake a fair bit which completely changed the sound.

Got a link for that pipe? And what modifications have you done to the air intake?

16 hours ago, JaVa^ said:

Got a link for that pipe? And what modifications have you done to the air intake?

TIP Link

I’ve remove the baffle that sits in the bottom of the air box, fitted a panel filter and opened up the secondary air scoop which is sealed on the TDI. 

5 minutes ago, Phillips said:

TIP Link

I’ve remove the baffle that sits in the bottom of the air box, fitted a panel filter and opened up the secondary air scoop which is sealed on the TDI. 

I was debating a panel filter prior to a remap.

With those changes have you noticed much difference from standard?

3 hours ago, Jason11 said:

I was debating a panel filter prior to a remap.

With those changes have you noticed much difference from standard?

I found doing all the little bits made a considerable difference to the way the car picked up. Well worth doing before a map. 

21 minutes ago, Phillips said:

I found doing all the little bits made a considerable difference to the way the car picked up. Well worth doing before a map. 

I'll Get a panel filter sorted then which did you go for?

Don't suppose you've got a link of the airbox mod have you?

28 minutes ago, Jason11 said:

I'll Get a panel filter sorted then which did you go for?

Don't suppose you've got a link of the airbox mod have you?

I’ve got a BMC Filter, the airbox mods are simple, use pliers to remove the baffle inside the airbox, then remove the front scoop and dremel the blocked section out. 

3 hours ago, Phillips said:

I’ve got a BMC Filter, the airbox mods are simple, use pliers to remove the baffle inside the airbox, then remove the front scoop and dremel the blocked section out. 

Any pics of the modifications?

20 hours ago, Dubbsley said:

Any pics of the modifications?

No didn't bother it was pretty much the first thing I did when I bought the car.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...